Can't do no more:
Blanket.
Switch.
Led.
Only on as needed.

mercurial

MyBB Legend
“Residential customers can make the biggest difference here – switch off.”
No, corporates and shops leaving there lights on all day and night can make the biggest difference.

Chevron

Serial breaker of phones
And it's Eskom's responsibility to produce electricity.

Punt

What a load of c***.

It's up to Eskom to do their job and manage their affairs properly to ensure adequate supply. It's well known that their management is poor.

If they start to manage their business properly and they still can't meet supply, then they have a problem with their generating capacity. This wouldn't be a problem if they'd managed their affairs properly over the past 20 years, but it is because, once again, they can't manage to save their lives.

Finally, residential users make up a small percentage of electricity usage in SA. So to say that residential users can make the biggest difference is a JOKE. But they are an easy target, because you can't dictate to industrial users because it has a direct impact on the economy.

Eskom, wake up to the facts. We have an energy problem because you cannot manage your business. The end.

garyc

Expert Member
Have cut my electricity usage by close on half. Eskom still cut it off when they have a problem.

I have done my part - it is time they started doing their part.

Pitbull

Verboten
I have realized that no matter how much I use or how little, they still increase it way over 20% per year. I still get load shedding when other parts of the country is under stain. I will now use the electricity the way I WANT!. I will leave my lights on if I please, I refuse to swtich off my geyser and pool pump runs twice a day. I PAY For IT SO FK YOU ESKOM. We should all just start using it more and more and force Eskom to make a plan. I'm over this saving plan of yours to cover your arses.

Save oR Spend I still get left in the dark. So again, FK YOU AND YOUR SAVINGS!!! I PAY SO I WILL RAPE IT IF I WANT!

reactor_sa

Executive Member
It's your job to provide electricity. Stupid eskom is stupid.
My job description says nothing about helping eskom or saving electricity. Maybe if they pay me I will consider the options. If it's my job and they don't pay me then they contravening the constitution with their slave labour.

Betonro

It's up to Eskom to do their job and manage their affairs properly to ensure adequate supply. It's well known that their management is poor.

If they start to manage their business properly and they still can't meet supply, then they have a problem with their generating capacity. This wouldn't be a problem if they'd managed their affairs properly over the past 20 years, but it is because, once again, they can't manage to save their lives.

Eskom, wake up to the facts. We have an energy problem because you cannot manage your business. The end.
Eskom is certainly not innocent, but the government is much more to blame for the current state of affairs. If you look here and here, you'll see that Eskom warned the government way back in 1997 that we will not have enough generation capacity by 2007. The government chose to ignore that warning and even subsequently admitted to it.

The Eskom staff, who I have met at least, responsible for capacity and network planning are actually quite knowledgeable and competent. Sure, you can view Eskom as an extension of government, but then you have very little understanding of how these state owned entities are operated. You can't really blame everything on the people who work at Eskom.

And no, I do not work for Eskom, but I did spend a number of years there as a consultant.

Albereth

Honorary Master
Nope - if the lights go out, they go out. I'll deal with that if it happens. But if I keep on shivering for the greater good what incentive is there for Eskom to tackle the real reason why we're in the state we're in.

Use it like it's stolen.

Wyzak

Expert Member
Actually saving electricity is not my job, it is a favour that we do to try and assist. Eskom is probably the only company in the world begging people not to use their product. And then they have the audacity to ask for higher increases when they publish a multi-billion rand profit.

lexis

The more we save the more they raise the price to make up for the loss in income.