iTunes music who buys and who prefers to pirate?

qdada

Expert Member
I used to pirate music all the time.
As I grew older I needed a variety in music than the easily accessible popular music found online.

My other gripe had been the lack of access to local music.

Then I was introduced to SimfyAfrica.
at less than R60 a month, it is less than the price of my regular bottle of red wine.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Have been buying a lot since the SA store opened.

How can you say no to almost half the price of a retail CD.

Jola

Honorary Master
I want mp3's, so I have been buying CD's and then ripping them.

Will probably switch to 7digital now.

I hate iTunes, so that is not an option.

Cassady

Expert Member
I buy all through iTunes.... Even though it's a US account - I'm at least contributing something to the artist... :)

Hemps

Honorary Master
I buy all through iTunes.... Even though it's a US account - I'm at least contributing something to the artist...

I created an SA account, songs are cheaper.

Hemps

Honorary Master
iTunes match - can it replace my current collection of music with replacements from the itunes store?
Or is it only stored in the cloud as I cant replace an mp3 in my hdd collection with the itunes version and access offsite?

Which apple id should i use if i signup for match US or SA?

Last edited:

d0b33

Honorary Master
I pirate and if I really like the album I buy it from iTunes SA, but I only purchase full albums so can be pricey, if I only collected songs then I could have my entire library paid for.

noxibox

Honorary Master
Wanted to buy from them, but couldn't find ALAC. Went to Amazon and they only had MP3 junk, no FLAC. No lossless, no sale.

JStrike

Honorary Master
iTunes match - can it replace my current collection of music with replacements from the itunes store?
Or is it only stored in the cloud as I cant replace an mp3 in my hdd collection with the itunes version and access offsite?

Which apple id should i use if i signup for match US or SA?

iTunes Match upgrades all your music to high quality versions if the song exists in the iTunes store. Which most do. If it isn't, it gets uploaded to iCloud for you to access. And all your music becomes legal (Forever).

It is US iTunes Store only though

CaffeinePirate

iTunes- Downloads to all my devices, less of a hassle & no need to search for good quality torrents and then import into iTunes.

Hemps

Honorary Master
It is US iTunes Store only though

Doesnt the SA one for R199 allow the same as the US?
What's missing?

US store is R50 more per year BUT seems to have larger music selection?

Last edited:

d0b33

Honorary Master
Wanted to buy from them, but couldn't find ALAC. Went to Amazon and they only had MP3 junk, no FLAC. No lossless, no sale.

I was once a FLAC freak, not really worth it, very rarely doe as an album deserve FLAC and in that case better to buy the CD.. or even better get Vinyl if you're really aiming for purity :p

Pro tip:
You'll be surprised the quality albums that are found in store bargain bins, I got Depeche mode's last album in the bargain bin for R30 6 months after release. Sold it at cash converters after ripping it, so you can actually buy, rip and sell to save even more on Music.

Last edited:

GreGorGy

BULLSFAN

You have a local 7digital store availableWe’d love to let you purchase from our UK store but, in accordance with our contractual obligations with the labels, you can only do so if you actually live in the UK. Please visit your local store at xw.7digital.com to start shopping.If you are in the UK and this is all a terrible technical misunderstanding, then please accept our apologies and contact our Customer Support Team to see how we can help.
continue shopping at your local store
Ignore and continue browsing

They have this "local" store, priced in dollars and with practically nothing on it.

noxibox

Honorary Master
I was once a FLAC freak, not really worth it, very rarely doe as an album deserve FLAC
All the music I listen to deserves to start in a FLAC, so that I can then encode from there instead of having to transcode MP3 to AAC and vice-versa.

even better get Vinyl if you're really aiming for purity
I want better quality, so I avoid vinyl.

You'll be surprised the quality albums that are found in store bargain bins, I got Depeche mode's last album in the bargain bin for R30 6 months after release. Sold it at cash converters after ripping it, so you can actually buy, rip and sell to save even more on Music.
Can't be bothered. If they want to sell me music they can make it readily available for purchase in the format I want.