Ivermectin Analyzed as Possible Covid Treatment in U.K. Trial

rpm

Admin
Staff member
Ivermectin Analyzed as Possible Covid Treatment in U.K. Trial

A drug used to treat parasite infections in humans and livestock will be investigated as a possible treatment for Covid-19 in a large U.K. study at the University of Oxford.

The medicine, known as ivermectin, has antiviral properties and initial preliminary studies have shown it can reduce viral load, the amount of virus in the respiratory tract, and the length of symptoms in those with a mild infection, according to a statement from the university.

Mortymoose

Honorary Master
My Butchery manager and his boet have just placed an order for R10 000 worth of these tablets in sheet form.

Almost all the Afrikaners up here that I know are taking the stuff....

Yesterday I was talking to a buyer in WHK I know, he had the AZ vaccine same time as me, got C19, his wife, daughter and mum all got it.... he was the only who had the vaccine so far, they all had the same symptoms, bad, they took Ivermectin, all pulled through so far, "Moose, I put my head on a block, the Ivermectin pulled us through!"

He has lost at least 20 mates since this pandemic began, all in the 45 -65 age group, some were fitness freaks.... it mattered not...

SeRpEnT

Executive Member
I assume enough money has been made from vaccine orders and the anarchy of this virus that the high ups finally said ok it's the right time to stop denying Ivermectin :mad:

I doubt this study will be out to fairly put IVM to the test...

This statement from Oxford before the study has even started just shows that there is some early bias already:
"The use of ivermectin has been controversial as there is “little evidence ... to demonstrate that it can speed up recovery from the illness or reduce hospital admission” in large-scale randomised studies, according to Oxford researchers." (https://www.standard.co.uk/news/hea...t-home-treatment-for-coronavirus-b942120.html)

There has been another study in the beginning of the year done in such a fashion as to try and show that IVM is not all that effective. Rather conniving if you ask me..
The study was done on a small group of mildy sick patients. IVM was introduced rather late (day 5) and even then the dosage was on the low side. Evidently the benefits of the IVM group vs placebo group was slightly better but they quickly made this out as "statistically insignificant". Which was always going to be a big possibility with a small study population and doing the study on mild cases only where most people will heal anyways.

Last edited:

AlphaJohn

Executive Member

elp

I assume enough money has been made from vaccine orders and the anarchy of this virus that the high ups finally said ok it's the right time to stop denying Ivermectin :mad:
Most of the trails to date that say it works are low quality i.e tiny groups and the high quality ones suggest it doesn't do much. This should hopefully answer it conclusively either way.

If there was a conspiracy the WHO wouldn't recommend Dexamethasone which is cheap as chips and long off patent.

Edit: There was a pretty sane write up about the various trials for ivermectin at https://gidmk.medium.com/does-ivermectin-work-for-covid-19-1166126c364a

Noob-Noob

Executive Member
Most of the trails to date that say it works are low quality i.e tiny groups and the high quality ones suggest it doesn't do much. This should hopefully answer it conclusively either way.

If there was a conspiracy the WHO wouldn't recommend Dexamethasone which is cheap as chips and long off patent.

Edit: There was a pretty sane write up about the various trials for ivermectin at https://gidmk.medium.com/does-ivermectin-work-for-covid-19-1166126c364a
Sure buddy,
All these people turning around on their death bed after using Ivermectin are all in on it, its all just a hoax. We sure got you.

Swa

Honorary Master

That's a misrepresentation. Just because a study is statistically insignificant on its own doesn't mean it is so in context of others. There's also issues such as dosage, severity of disease, and time administered. The meta study looked at all those factors and determined there was sufficient evidence to consider it a treatment. Much better than some blog write up.

Venomous

Honorary Master
No wonder its being advertised alll over the show recently and I've watched the price sky rocket from less than R10 a tablet to yesterday I saw around R60 a tablet. Probably higher again today.

• Sad
Reactions: Swa

HunterNW

Honorary Master
I really really wish I owned a tablet machine. I could make a fortune selling sugar pills as Ivermectin to the suckers.
Spoke to a friend who's working with me earlier this morning. He just returned after being positive and isolating.
He was kak sick. Fever, sweats, body/head aches, short of breath. Day 4 he got the pharmisist to deliver the magic pill. Next day he started feeling better. ANother two days and he could start doing his routine stuff.
If it works for you - it works for you.

Noob-Noob

Executive Member
Spoke to a friend who's working with me earlier this morning. He just returned after being positive and isolating.
He was kak sick. Fever, sweats, body/head aches, short of breath. Day 4 he got the pharmisist to deliver the magic pill. Next day he started feeling better. ANother two days and he could start doing his routine stuff.
If it works for you - it works for you.
nO, iT dOeS nOt WoRk, DoN't cOMe HeRe WiTh YOuR ConSpirAcy THeoRies. I ReAd An ArTicLe on GoOgle ThaT SaYs It DoEs Not WoRk

Mortymoose

Honorary Master
My mate from Nature Conservation has just left my office, he is a Soutie and has fallen out with his Afrikaans brother in law.

Brother in law was pissed that my mate took his mother for the Vax when he was touting Iver.

My mate launched into a lecture with me explaining above my head stuff as to why you do not use Iver in humans, especially if you have blood pressure problems. He was very upset about everyone thinking Iver was the magic bullet.

Yet my other mate in Windhoek was adamant that it was Iver that pulled him and his family through this past week....

Strange times that we live in.... all we need is a financial collapse, A Global war and a rock from outer space and all four horsemen shall be aligned...... :unsure: :confused::(;)

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
The medicine, known as ivermectin, has antiviral properties and initial preliminary studies have shown it can reduce viral load, the amount of virus in the respiratory tract, and the length of symptoms in those with a mild infection, according to a statement from the university.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

SlinkyMike

Executive Member
Trials? Excellent, maybe we will see this used more widely in the fight against covid.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
My Butchery manager and his boet have just placed an order for R10 000 worth of these tablets in sheet form.

Almost all the Afrikaners up here that I know are taking the stuff....

Yesterday I was talking to a buyer in WHK I know, he had the AZ vaccine same time as me, got C19, his wife, daughter and mum all got it.... he was the only who had the vaccine so far, they all had the same symptoms, bad, they took Ivermectin, all pulled through so far, "Moose, I put my head on a block, the Ivermectin pulled us through!"

He has lost at least 20 mates since this pandemic began, all in the 45 -65 age group, some were fitness freaks.... it mattered not...
Spot on!