Ivermectin Analyzed as Possible Covid Treatment in U.K. Trial

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
I doubt this study will be out to fairly put IVM to the test...

This statement from Oxford before the study has even started just shows that there is some early bias already:
"The use of ivermectin has been controversial as there is “little evidence ... to demonstrate that it can speed up recovery from the illness or reduce hospital admission” in large-scale randomised studies, according to Oxford researchers." (https://www.standard.co.uk/news/hea...t-home-treatment-for-coronavirus-b942120.html)

There has been another study in the beginning of the year done in such a fashion as to try and show that IVM is not all that effective. Rather conniving if you ask me..
The study was done on a small group of mildy sick patients. IVM was introduced rather late (day 5) and even then the dosage was on the low side. Evidently the benefits of the IVM group vs placebo group was slightly better but they quickly made this out as "statistically insignificant". Which was always going to be a big possibility with a small study population and doing the study on mild cases only where most people will heal anyways.
Yup, We hope that the University and those participating are not bought off and get their study completed.

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
Funny that I had to use Bing to find this.

You posted this in the other thread, that journal has <450 citations in 3 years, it publishes anything and is not reputable.
That paper is also written by the FLCCC who got their papers removed in another journal after lots of checks on their paper were made and it was found out that one of the editors of that journal allowed it to be published since click rate, it was later removed.

You people keep posting this nonsense, and it's sad as most don't know how to properly source material, they have no clue how to know if a journal is good/bad and just see that it's a paper that's supposedly peer reviewed (no mention if those peers are any good) and go "this must be right as it confirms my beliefs".
My Butchery manager and his boet have just placed an order for R10 000 worth of these tablets in sheet form.

Almost all the Afrikaners up here that I know are taking the stuff....

Yesterday I was talking to a buyer in WHK I know, he had the AZ vaccine same time as me, got C19, his wife, daughter and mum all got it.... he was the only who had the vaccine so far, they all had the same symptoms, bad, they took Ivermectin, all pulled through so far, "Moose, I put my head on a block, the Ivermectin pulled us through!"

He has lost at least 20 mates since this pandemic began, all in the 45 -65 age group, some were fitness freaks.... it mattered not...
So no control in regards to if he didn't take whether he would be fine or not. Most who get Covid pull through fine.

SoldierMan

Executive Member
My Butchery manager and his boet have just placed an order for R10 000 worth of these tablets in sheet form.

Almost all the Afrikaners up here that I know are taking the stuff....

Yesterday I was talking to a buyer in WHK I know, he had the AZ vaccine same time as me, got C19, his wife, daughter and mum all got it.... he was the only who had the vaccine so far, they all had the same symptoms, bad, they took Ivermectin, all pulled through so far, "Moose, I put my head on a block, the Ivermectin pulled us through!"

He has lost at least 20 mates since this pandemic began, all in the 45 -65 age group, some were fitness freaks.... it mattered not...

Muscle fitness does not = immune fitness, which is what will fight the virus.

The latter requires healthy eating, Vitamin D, etc., etc.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Funny that I had to use Bing to find this.

Was hoping someone else would also find this. I am tired of being the one to find these links and then getting all the flack from the usual bunch on myBB. Welcome to the club of people being beaten over the head on myBB.

I wonder if RPM is now also going to be labelled a "Google doctor"?

Noob-Noob

Executive Member
My mate from Nature Conservation has just left my office, he is a Soutie and has fallen out with his Afrikaans brother in law.

Brother in law was pissed that my mate took his mother for the Vax when he was touting Iver.

My mate launched into a lecture with me explaining above my head stuff as to why you do not use Iver in humans, especially if you have blood pressure problems. He was very upset about everyone thinking Iver was the magic bullet.

Yet my other mate in Windhoek was adamant that it was Iver that pulled him and his family through this past week....

Strange times that we live in.... all we need is a financial collapse, A Global war and a rock from outer space and all four horsemen shall be aligned...... :unsure: :confused::(;)
The thing for me is, It's almost as if a lot of people don't want to find a cure or a medicine that actually has a positive effect on Covid. And it's always the same crowd. There can be thousands upon thousands of people who say it works or share their experiences of how they quite literally turned around on their deathbeds, But they will always find a reason why it does not work or some BS as to why people should not use it.
I mean FFS. We are in the middle of a pandemic and people are dying. Why can't people be positive when there is a possible cheap cure. Rather than listening to people with first hand experience using Ivermectin, they will rather go to trusty old google, open the first link that says it does not work, with mooi sweet f0kol experience regarding the drug and they will defend this narrative to worlds end.. Fck all the people who have been healed by the drug. Or the studies saying it's a very safe drug. All this means nothing because they read somewhere it does not work. I cannot believe the level of stupidity the human race has achieved.

But the same crowd will tell you the vaccine is the only way, Again with mooi sweet fokol knowledge of the vaccine.
A vaccine which has not gone through any real clinical trials and is only a few months old = Good for you, don't question the science. Ignore all the people who have had very bad experiences.
A drug which has been used for many many years and proven safe = Bad, You will die if you use this. Same with HCQ. Very bad and dangerous.

NB. Just for the record, I'm not saying the vaccines don't work. I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy

AlphaJohn

Executive Member
Was hoping someone else would also find this. I am tired of being the one to find these links and then getting all the flack from the usual bunch on myBB. Welcome to the club of people being beaten over the head on myBB.

I wonder if RPM is now also going to be labelled a "Google doctor"?

To be honest I could care less what people believe or go for. Everyone seems to go with "my view is right"
Just wish people would stop fighting the poster/man and instead fight the facts. eg I just posted what I saw, did not know if it is viable or not.

Saying X groups sucks means nothing to no one.
Saying Z and Y is incorrect see T and R over here go waaaaaay further to prove a point.

Eg The way @Johnatan56 argues makes me understand why people are so quick to believe/protect self formed theories. A simple see post X does way better than attacking a person.

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
To be honest I could care less what people believe or go for. Everyone seems to go with "my view is right"
Just wish people would stop fighting the poster/man and instead fight the facts. eg I just posted what I saw, did not know if it is viable or not.

Saying X groups sucks means nothing to no one.
Saying Z and Y is incorrect see T and R over here go waaaaaay further to prove a point.

Eg The way @Johnatan56 argues makes me understand why people are so quick to believe/protect self formed theories.
I posted that the source you posted is completely invalid, you sharing it will make more people see it who don't understand how to validate a source.
It's you, Nic, and some other people that keep posting utter nonsense that always makes me worried about how many people who don't know better will take it as credible, when it's not.

AlphaJohn

Executive Member
I posted that the source you posted is completely invalid, you sharing it will make more people see it who don't understand how to validate a source.
It's you, Nic, and some other people that keep posting utter nonsense that always makes me worried about how many people who don't know better will take it as credible, when it's not.

Did you maybe look at the timestamps before you came to that conclusion ? ;)

Also not everyone is in every thread. I did not say anything re Its right or wrong just the link yet you inclined to say I am the moron?

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
Did you maybe look at the timestamps before you came to that conclusion ? ;)
And yet you posted it in multiple threads, and I responded to it in every thread I saw. I saw this thread after I posted the reply. Check your source before you post.

Steamy Tom

Executive Member
I really really wish I owned a tablet machine. I could make a fortune selling sugar pills as Ivermectin to the suckers.

if you were really serious just buy and sell sugar pills...hell go buy canderal at spar and sell them

Steamy Tom

Executive Member
every second post on social media is someone asking where to buy ivermectin or get oxygen for home use...I am not even going to begin debating the effeciacy but honestly it seems like a knee jerk reaction, if you really unwell consult with a doctor and get proper medical advice and support

Last edited:

zoozi

Expert Member
My mate from Nature Conservation has just left my office, he is a Soutie and has fallen out with his Afrikaans brother in law.

Brother in law was pissed that my mate took his mother for the Vax when he was touting Iver.

My mate launched into a lecture with me explaining above my head stuff as to why you do not use Iver in humans, especially if you have blood pressure problems. He was very upset about everyone thinking Iver was the magic bullet.

Yet my other mate in Windhoek was adamant that it was Iver that pulled him and his family through this past week....

Strange times that we live in.... all we need is a financial collapse, A Global war and a rock from outer space and all four horsemen shall be aligned...... :unsure: :confused::(;)
My dad's had the Pfizer shot, my mom refuses and is already taking Ivermectin proactively, interesting time for sure.

1624448080573.png
/s