Ivermectin Analyzed as Possible Covid Treatment in U.K. Trial

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
every second post on social media is someone asking where to buy ivermectin or get ozygen for home use...I am not even going to begin debating the effeciacy but honestly it seems like a knee jerk reaction, if you really unwell consult with a doctor and get proper medical advice and support
What if a doctor gave it to you? Do you flush it down the toilet?

op365

Screenshot_20210619-192015_Twitter.jpg
A year ago people used to "I nominate..." and would then drink a dop and eat a raw egg and sugar.... Today we drinking cattle medicine like shooters.... What's next....

Noob-Noob

Executive Member
every second post on social media is someone asking where to buy ivermectin or get ozygen for home use...I am not even going to begin debating the effeciacy but honestly it seems like a knee jerk reaction, if you really unwell consult with a doctor and get proper medical advice and support
Which is what?, what are the people supposed to use/do who are really sick or dying?

Edit,
If you mean go see a doctor to prescribe you IVM, then sure. I agree. But Vast majority wont and will tell you there is nothing they can do. Go and rest and drink your vitamins.

Now out of desperation people are using IVM, and miraculously healing. But Noooo, this is a bad thing. If the doctors wont help me, I will explore my own ventures.
My point is, people have nothing to lose and everything to gain by using IVM since they (doctors/healthcare sector) cannot provide us with any other alternatives.

Last edited:

Dave

Honorary Master
Ivermectin Analyzed as Possible Covid Treatment in U.K. Trial

A drug used to treat parasite infections in humans and livestock will be investigated as a possible treatment for Covid-19 in a large U.K. study at the University of Oxford.

The medicine, known as ivermectin, has antiviral properties and initial preliminary studies have shown it can reduce viral load, the amount of virus in the respiratory tract, and the length of symptoms in those with a mild infection, according to a statement from the university.

The trial is actually to see if it actually does anything.

This headline sums it up well.

UK trial will see if data trumps hype over ivermectin’s role in COVID​

Despite limited data, anti-parasitic drug ivermectin has become widely used in some areas of the world as a treatment for COVID-19. Now, a UK study will try to show once and for all if it provides any benefit.

The Oxford University study – called PRINCIPLE – will investigate whether adding ivermectin to standard NHS care can help people with COVID-19 symptoms get better more quickly, and stop them from needing to go to hospital.

Ivermectin is being used routinely in countries like Brazil, India and South Africa to treat people with COVID-19, against the advice of some expert authorities.

In March, for example, the World Health Organization (WHO) said there was no evidence of a benefit in COVID-19 and it should not be used outside clinical trials – a view also expressed by the European Medicines Agency (EMA) and National Institutes of Health (NIH) in the US.

When India was at the height of its latest wave of infections, some states including Goa and Uttarakhand started giving the drug prophylactically to their populations to try to alleviate the pressure on healthcare resources, according to local news sources.

Ivermectin is considered a safe drug, and is widely used around the world to treat parasitic infections caused by nematode worms such as river blindness. However, while lab studies have suggested it can inhibit the SARS-CoV-2 virus there is little evidence for randomised clinical trials to suggest it can help infected patients.

It’s a situation reminiscent of the earlier widespread use of hydroxychloroquine, famously endorsed by former US President Donald Trump, which was used widely off-label for COVID-19 but failed to show any benefit in large-scale studies.

“By including ivermectin in a large-scale trial like PRINCIPLE, we hope to generate robust evidence to determine how effective the treatment is against COVID-19, and whether there are benefits or harms associated with its use,” said the study’s joint chief investigator Prof Chris Butler from Oxford’s Nuffield Department of Primary Care Health Sciences.

PRINCIPLE has already tested six other drugs that can be taken at home by people with COVID-19 symptoms but so far only one – the inhaled corticosteroid budesonide – has had any impact on the disease. In April it added another arm to investigate the potential of an antiviral drug – favipravir – developed by Japan’s Fujifilm Toyama Chemical.

kolaval

Executive Member
My Butchery manager and his boet have just placed an order for R10 000 worth of these tablets in sheet form.

Almost all the Afrikaners up here that I know are taking the stuff....

Yesterday I was talking to a buyer in WHK I know, he had the AZ vaccine same time as me, got C19, his wife, daughter and mum all got it.... he was the only who had the vaccine so far, they all had the same symptoms, bad, they took Ivermectin, all pulled through so far, "Moose, I put my head on a block, the Ivermectin pulled us through!"

He has lost at least 20 mates since this pandemic began, all in the 45 -65 age group, some were fitness freaks.... it mattered not...
And the one with the nose bleeds?

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
My point is, people have nothing to lose and everything to gain by using IVR since they (doctors/healthcare sector) cannot provide us with any other alternatives.
This!

Most of the doctors, just treat you for flu and throw in an antibiotic "in case" you develop a secondary infection and get Pneumonia. They don't have any answers. I am damned if my fate is going to be left in their hands. I will take action.

I have taken action. I found a doctor prepared to prescribe IVM and have it on stby.

Last edited:

Madhawk

Honorary Master
I'm currently taking IVM while I recover (12mg/per day)

I don't know if this helps or cures Covid, but it's worth a try.

I take it at night before I go to sleep, and it helps me to sleep longer/deeper with it.

Maybe it doesn't help, but the fact that I sleep better with it, that alone helps already.

Last edited:

Geoff.D

Honorary Master

I take it at night before I go to sleep, and it helps me to sleep longer/deeper with it.

Maybe it doesn't help, but the fact that I sleeper better with it, that alone helps already.
It is the mental stress that keeps you awake worrying. Taking the IVM if it does nothing else, takes away the anxiety.

The benefit is you will be free of worms for quite a while, as well as, may even kill off a few mosquitoes that bite you in the meantime. A win-win for everyone except for the virus and the mosquitoes.

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
The studies are real, but they are considered very small scale studies (not medically consequential). In total about 17,000 people have so far participated in the various Ivermectin studies. Even though the findings were promising, the studies are not large enough to satisfy World Health Authorities or Pharmaceutical companies about the safety or efficacy of the drug. So they have commissioned several large scale studies involving hundreds of thousands or even millions of people as far back as 8 to 10 months ago. Once we have data on a large scale they will be able to properly and safely recommend this drug. Why did it take so long for this to happen? Because Ivermectin up until now has been mainly an animal drug. Yes, lot's of farmers and some countries like India have allowed it to treat parasites, but still only on a very small scale. But for now, it will have to be tested on a huge scale.

Nereus77

UK trial will see if data trumps hype over ivermectin’s role in COVID​

Despite limited data, anti-parasitic drug ivermectin has become widely used in some areas of the world as a treatment for COVID-19. Now, a UK study will try to show once and for all if it provides any benefit.
Ah, so its part of the Trump cult meds? No wonder people are crazy about it...

It will be interesting if its actually proven to work. Clinical trials are a great way to prove whether a drug works for treatment. I'm taking the same stance as HCQ: If it works, great! If not, ah well we find something more effective....

Some here in this thread say it helps, so that's one point for it....

Edit: I misread the Trump bits and muddled it with the headline, but my point stands.

Last edited:

SoldierMan

Executive Member

Many doctors prescribe IVM. What now?

Jola

Honorary Master
Personally, I don't believe that IVM works, I know people who got covid, and took it, but it did not help. One died, and the other was very sick, and spent time in ICU before recovering.

That said, if I get covid, and I have IVM available, I will probably take it. I suppose that in that situation one will take anything that may help. The normal treatment seems to be blood thinners, antibiotics (for secondary infections), and cortisone. The cortisone seems to help a lot with chest/breathing problems. Failing which you need oxygen/ventilator.

I have had a vaccine, so I hope that the above scenario does not arise.

If I can get IVM tablets, I will probably buy some, and keep them around in case I have to try to help someone that has difficulty getting medical treatment.

SoldierMan

Executive Member

Maybe it doesn't help, but the fact that I sleeper better with it, that alone helps already.

Add Vitamin D and zinc to what you take.

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Personally, I don't believe that IVM works, I know people who got covid, and took it, but it did not help. One died, and the other was very sick, and spent time in ICU before recovering.

That said, if I get covid, and I have IVM available, I will probably take it. I suppose that in that situation one will take anything that may help. The normal treatment seems to be blood thinners, antibiotics (for secondary infections), and cortisone. The cortisone seems to help a lot with chest/breathing problems. Failing which you need oxygen/ventilator.

I have had a vaccine, so I hope that the above scenario does not arise.

If I can get IVM tablets, I will probably buy some, and keep them around in case I have to try to help someone that has difficulty getting medical treatment.
My father would most likely be dead now if he didn't take it and it worked for me and another family member as well.

Markd

Expert Member
My Butchery manager and his boet have just placed an order for R10 000 worth of these tablets in sheet form.

Almost all the Afrikaners up here that I know are taking the stuff....

Yesterday I was talking to a buyer in WHK I know, he had the AZ vaccine same time as me, got C19, his wife, daughter and mum all got it.... he was the only who had the vaccine so far, they all had the same symptoms, bad, they took Ivermectin, all pulled through so far, "Moose, I put my head on a block, the Ivermectin pulled us through!"

He has lost at least 20 mates since this pandemic began, all in the 45 -65 age group, some were fitness freaks.... it mattered not...

ja sounds like it was definitely the Ivermectin that pulled them through, right? Definitely. As opposed to being part of the 98+% of people that dont die from it.

Edit: also to have lost "at least 20 mates" to it, he has 1000+ mates statistically (likely more)

Last edited:

SeRpEnT

Executive Member
And yet you posted it in multiple threads, and I responded to it in every thread I saw. I saw this thread after I posted the reply. Check your source before you post.
FFS grow up.
Who made you the thought police of what we are allowed to think or not? And then you still want to police the various threads on here too? You a mod or something? If not, then voetsek.