Ivermectin Analyzed as Possible Covid Treatment in U.K. Trial

rvZA

Executive Member
So, we have decided to use Ivermectin along with the normal meds prescribed by the various doctors we saw. Our whole family tested positive during the course of last week. I found Ivermax liquid and we used .6ml-.8ml depending on the kids weight and 1ml a day for 6 days for myself and wife. We simply applied the liquid every morning to our upper legs.

So far, with the prescribed meds from the doctors and Ivermectin, we are all doing well. I am now going for day 12 with no simptoms anymore, other than still getting taste and smell back gradually. Kids are all doing much better too. Wife went to get antibiotics on day 5, as she had a bit of a cough and was feeling tired.

Not saying Ivermectin works at all, but I definitely used it throughout the past 12 days for the family.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Did you say the same about Hydrochloroquine? Vitamin D supplements... Prayers?

Why do you think it works? Why do you think it doesn't make it worse?

Its not medicine if you dont know or learn...
And what do you say about HCQ and Vit D? Do you also write those off because some or other badly run trial said they don't work? Stupid question, of course, you do! You believe the trumped-up (pun intended) deliberate overdosing HCQ trial used to make it look as if it was ineffective and dangerous. Never mind that it has since been shown that the trial was completely invalid and why. Nor do you accept that some doctors are treating people with HCQ quite successfully now, just ignoring the established BS, because they are using their experience and skill to the optimum in the interest of their patients.

Last edited:

rvZA

Executive Member
By the way, whether Ivermectin works or not, whether it had any effect or not, I paid R300 for a bottle of 50ml Ivermax liquid. It is not a lot of money and I do not think it will worsen the virus or its effects and was, in my opinion, money and time using it well spent.

I would much rather take a chance and use it, rather than waiting for a tragedy and later wonder what would have happened if I did.

Swa

Honorary Master
By the way, whether Ivermectin works or not, whether it had any effect or not, I paid R300 for a bottle of 50ml Ivermax liquid. It is not a lot of money and I do not think it will worsen the virus or its effects and was, in my opinion, money and time using it well spent.

I would much rather take a chance and use it, rather than waiting for a tragedy and later wonder what would have happened if I did.
Ivermax is the cattle version though. I would rather have people have access to proper medicine that's been evaluated for human use where the dosage is correct. That's exactly what the naysayers are preventing so in turn they're doing more harm than good.

Jola

Honorary Master
So, we have decided to use Ivermectin along with the normal meds prescribed by the various doctors we saw. Our whole family tested positive during the course of last week. I found Ivermax liquid and we used .6ml-.8ml depending on the kids weight and 1ml a day for 6 days for myself and wife. We simply applied the liquid every morning to our upper legs.

So far, with the prescribed meds from the doctors and Ivermectin, we are all doing well. I am now going for day 12 with no simptoms anymore, other than still getting taste and smell back gradually. Kids are all doing much better too. Wife went to get antibiotics on day 5, as she had a bit of a cough and was feeling tired.

Not saying Ivermectin works at all, but I definitely used it throughout the past 12 days for the family.

Wishing you all a 100% recovery.

Yes, that is probably what one should do, take the usual treatment, and then the Ivermectin for a "just in case it works".

Scary out there at the moment, seems that everybody is falling ill. And some are seriously ill.

rvZA

Executive Member
Ivermax is the cattle version though. I would rather have people have access to proper medicine that's been evaluated for human use where the dosage is correct. That's exactly what the naysayers are preventing so in turn they're doing more harm than good.

You forgot the sheep. Never forget the sheep. Hell, even pigs.

1.png

That being said, so far nothing went wrong. Still not mooing or anything. Used it as they indicated to use it for different weight classes.

rvZA

Executive Member

Yes, that is probably what one should do, take the usual treatment, and then the Ivermectin for a "just in case it works".

Scary out there at the moment, seems that everybody is falling ill. And some are seriously ill.

Yes, you are right. We are left to our own at this point in time. The government dropped the nation. We have to try and do anything we can, especially when suddenly your whole family tests positive.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master

If doctors can prescribe antibiotics and also use the "just in case" as the reason then why not.

rvZA

Executive Member
If doctors can prescribe antibiotics and also use the "just in case" as the reason then why not.

That is a good question. Nonetheless, as stated in another post, I used this in addition to what the doctor prescribed for me. Thing is, he did not even prescribe me any blood thinners. I only heard later you should take this throughout to prevent blood clots from forming, which could lead to possible death when you recover.

Jola

Honorary Master
That is a good question. Nonetheless, as stated in another post, I used this in addition to what the doctor prescribed for me. Thing is, he did not even prescribe me any blood thinners. I only heard later you should take this throughout to prevent blood clots from forming, which could lead to possible death when you recover.

Yes, the blood thinners seem to be standard treatment, as covid causes blood clots.

Jola

Honorary Master
Is aspirin sufficient?

Don't know if it is sufficient, but it will probably help. The 80/100mg per day dosage. A full aspirin does not work, it has to be the lower dosage.

I'm sure that the doctors use more potent medication.

Last edited:

Swa

Honorary Master
Don't know if it is sufficient, but it will probably help. The 80/100mg per day dosage. A full aspirin does not work, it has to be the lower dosage.

I'm sure that the doctors use more potent medication.
I'm using 125-250mg per day for other reasons. I'm guessing it's more about regular dosing than the amount. I have to say since December I've been having weird symptoms that's slowly gotten better. Like bouts where it feels like too little oxygen is reaching my brain. Might have already been exposed to Covid the past year with the Vitamin D I'm taking having saved me.

Dave

Honorary Master
Thing is, he did not even prescribe me any blood thinners. I only heard later you should take this throughout to prevent blood clots from forming

Heres a good example of what happens when ignorant people take medicines they shouldn’t. Are you aware the taking Ivermectin with a blood thinner is definitely not recommended as they have serious contraindications when taken together?

Google ivermectin and warfarin as an example.

Swa

Honorary Master
Heres a good example of what happens when ignorant people take medicines they shouldn’t. Are you aware the taking Ivermectin with a blood thinner is definitely not recommended as they have serious contraindications when taken together?

All the more reason why doctors should be prescribing it. Also ALWAYS rtfpi (read the fcking package insert).

Swa

Honorary Master

Serious?
Post-marketing reports of increased INR (International Normalized Ratio) have been rarely reported when ivermectin was co-administered with warfarin.
First of all it's rare. Secondly an increased INR isn't automatically life threatening. Just stay away from any sharp objects and don't have any ops.

Dave

Honorary Master
read the fcking package insert

There is a perfect example of someone who doesn’t do that in post 89, maybe that also shows why it’s a bad idea for some people to be buying sheep medicine and self medicating.

Swa

Honorary Master
There is a perfect example of someone who doesn’t do that in post 89, maybe that also shows why it’s a bad idea for some people to be buying sheep medicine and self medicating.
Which is why I said it should be sold as proper medicine. Not sure sheep medicine has such inserts. Also see my previous post.

Dave

Honorary Master
Serious?

First of all it's rare. Secondly an increased INR isn't automatically life threatening. Just stay away from any sharp objects and don't have any ops.

you didn’t look hard

for eg
Ivermectin potentially increases the anticoagulant effect of acenocoumarol. Manufacturer makes no recommendation.
Severity of interaction:Severe