Ivermectin and Covid-19: SA drug regulator allows controlled, compassionate access

SeRpEnT

Executive Member
Not quite sure how statistics and Ivermectin usage line up in terms of the numbers? According to this video the entire country had a blitz (35 fold increase) on Ivermectin sales from end of December to end of February (500,000 doses) yet the numbers show an increase and largest infection and death rate than previously from late December onwards? Even the graph used in the video show that the quiet months were had while she was having her success (ie. no deaths) ?

But you prefer to ignore the part where she talks about the hospital patients quick recovery after getting IVM treatment. Right.

quovadis

Executive Member
But you prefer to ignore the part where she talks about the hospital patients quick recovery after getting IVM treatment. Right.
I'm not ignoring anything I'm simply looking at the timeframe she provides vs the data available and they don't correlate. The majority of patients recover regardless of intervention.

TeMoeg

Not quite sure how statistics and Ivermectin usage line up in terms of the numbers? According to this video the entire country had a blitz (35 fold increase) on Ivermectin sales from end of December to end of February (500,000 doses) yet the numbers show an increase and largest infection and death rate than previously from late December onwards? Even the graph used in the video show that the quiet months were had while she was having her success (ie. no deaths) ?
I was also a bit confused at first, but when I again listened to the video, it became more clear:

- Official approval of IVM was only given on 26 January 2021. This implied that they were issuing IVM at the Harare hospital without official approval, according to their own discretion, from 8 August 2020 to 25 January 2021. They were quite successful in their treatment, and had their first death on 24 December 2020.

- According to the graph, Zimbabwe had only a small first wave during July/August 2020, with a much larger second wave peaking on 25 January 2021 at 70 deaths / day. After the official approval of IVM on 26 January 2021, there was a country wide rush to obtain and use IVM (for those who had not already done so), resulting in no deaths from 26 February 2021 onwards. This sounds logical.

quovadis

Executive Member
I was also a bit confused at first, but when I again listened to the video, it became more clear:

- Official approval of IVM was only given on 26 January 2021. This implied that they were issuing IVM at the Harare hospital without official approval, according to their own discretion, from 8 August 2020 to 25 January 2021. They were quite successful in their treatment, and had their first death on 24 December 2020.

- According to the graph, Zimbabwe had only a small first wave during July/August 2020, with a much larger second wave peaking on 25 January 2021 at 70 deaths / day. After the official approval of IVM on 26 January 2021, there was a country wide rush to obtain and use IVM (for those who had not already done so), resulting in no deaths from 26 February 2021 onwards. This sounds logical.
If you compare the graphs of ZA and Zim you'll note the trend is almost identical give or take a week or so for the first and second waves but I guess we'll wait and see if Zim avoids a third wave. I don't have a whole lot of faith in the numbers made public for Zim but time will tell.

Barbarian Conan

Expert Member

I don't know what the ANC did at their 109th birthday celebration, but it is obviously working. As you can see from this graph, whatever they did there caused a huge drop in new Covid cases.
Thanks Ramaphosaa, Ace et al! We love you! We are led!

1618922452809.png

Noob-Noob

Executive Member

SToP bEinG a ConSpiRaCy THeOriSt :ROFL:

I'm glad people are starting to realise that we are being lied to, some can see it clearly, others cannot and will vigorously defend the institutions and lies we are being fed, I suppose its easier that way.

quovadis

Executive Member
SToP bEinG a ConSpiRaCy THeOriSt :ROFL:

I'm glad people are starting to realise that we are being lied to, some can see it clearly, others cannot and will vigorously defend the institutions and lies we are being fed, I suppose its easier that way.
If you wish to take Ivermectin then find a doctor willing to prescribe it. It's not about defending institutions it's about ensuring that when you do decide to take medication of whatever type that there is data of a high standard backing not only its efficacy but more importantly its safety. Out of the 24 "gold standard" studies which the FLCCC advise as evidence 12 have been graded by FLCCC as Low or Very low certainty in terms of evidence, at least 7 have been as medium or high or unclear in terms of bias and almost all are mild-to-moderate patients which we all know usually resolve without issue.

All these studies are in favour of Ivermectin. I couldn't find any data on long term safety of Ivermectin other than studies relating to on-label use which is not long term or routine usage.

TeMoeg

If you compare the graphs of ZA and Zim you'll note the trend is almost identical give or take a week or so for the first and second waves but I guess we'll wait and see if Zim avoids a third wave. I don't have a whole lot of faith in the numbers made public for Zim but time will tell.

I was having a look at the data on this website:

In order to put all countries on the same footing, I de-selected all columns, except the Deaths / 1M Population. I then sorted the countries from Best to Worst.

If the data can be trusted for accuracy, then Zimbabwe has a score of 103 Deaths/1M Population, with the World Average at 391, and South Africa at 897. Zimbabwe is thus doing much better than us.

What is even more interesting, is that the Tropical African countries are doing even much better. These are their Deaths/1M Population:

0.3 Tanzania
0.5 Burundi
7 Uganda
7 Burkina Faso
8 DRC
8 Benin
10 Nigeria
10 Ivory Coast
10 Guinea
10 South Sudan
10 Chad
10 Sierra Leone
14 Togo
15 CAR
16 Liberia
17 Angola
24 Ghana
25 Mozambique
25 Rwanda
25 Congo
29 Ethiopia
42 Somalia
46 Kenya
58 Malawi
64 Senegal
66 Zambia
74 Equatorial Guinea

These were the countries where IVM was used on a broad scale for the prevention and treatment of "River Blindness", an illness caused by parasitic worms and larvae, spread by infected blackflies, since long before the arrival of the Covid-19 epidemic. Due to the difficult nature of the diagnosis in the different stages of infection, a whole population group in a specific area was often dosed with IVM on a 3-month interval, in order to kill all larvae, and sterilise all female worms carried by persons who may not know that they are carriers.

The questions to be answered are:
- To what extent did IVM contribute to the prevention of Covid-19 cases and deaths in these countries?
- To what extent can the Covid-19 data in these countries be trusted for accuracy?

quovadis

Executive Member

In order to put all countries on the same footing, I de-selected all columns, except the Deaths / 1M Population. I then sorted the countries from Best to Worst.

If the data can be trusted for accuracy, then Zimbabwe has a score of 103 Deaths/1M Population, with the World Average at 391, and South Africa at 897. Zimbabwe is thus doing much better than us.

What is even more interesting, is that the Tropical African countries are doing even much better. These are their Deaths/1M Population:

0.3 Tanzania
0.5 Burundi
7 Uganda
7 Burkina Faso
8 DRC
8 Benin
10 Nigeria
10 Ivory Coast
10 Guinea
10 South Sudan
10 Chad
10 Sierra Leone
14 Togo
15 CAR
16 Liberia
17 Angola
24 Ghana
25 Mozambique
25 Rwanda
25 Congo
29 Ethiopia
42 Somalia
46 Kenya
58 Malawi
64 Senegal
66 Zambia
74 Equatorial Guinea

These were the countries where IVM was used on a broad scale for the prevention and treatment of "River Blindness", an illness caused by parasitic worms and larvae, spread by infected blackflies, since long before the arrival of the Covid-19 epidemic. Due to the difficult nature of the diagnosis in the different stages of infection, a whole population group in a specific area was often dosed with IVM on a 3-month interval, in order to kill all larvae, and sterilise all female worms carried by persons who may not know that they are carriers.

- To what extent did IVM contribute to the prevention of Covid-19 cases and deaths in these countries?
- To what extent can the Covid-19 data in these countries be trusted for accuracy?
Perhaps you need to consider the amount of testing or rather lack of testing, the lack of reporting and universal concern regarding excess deaths in almost all of those countries.

JohnStarr

Expert Member
WTF...

"SAHPRA reiterates that to date, there is insufficient scientific evidence on the efficacy of Ivermectin for the prevention or treatment of COVID-19."

Are they blind or mad or what? They have blood on their hands, as was proven beyond reasonable doubt in the court case, yet they still deny any wrongdoing from their part.

They are a disgrace against humankind, and need to be taken out of these positions.
Because there is insufficient evidence. They go according to that along with every other regulatory board. I don't think they have enough evidence either.
Anyways, this is being surpassed by vaccinations and the noise around it has gone quieter.

rambo919

Honorary Master
If you have expensive vaccines that will make you a lot of money and all the bribes have already been paid..... it's easy to not have enough evidence for a dirt cheap public domain alternative..... simply lean on the people you already bribed to either not test the alternative or or drag their feet in testing.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master

0.3 Tanzania
0.5 Burundi
7 Uganda
7 Burkina Faso
8 DRC
8 Benin
10 Nigeria
10 Ivory Coast
10 Guinea
10 South Sudan
10 Chad
10 Sierra Leone
14 Togo
15 CAR
16 Liberia
17 Angola
24 Ghana
25 Mozambique
25 Rwanda
25 Congo
29 Ethiopia
42 Somalia
46 Kenya
58 Malawi
64 Senegal
66 Zambia
74 Equatorial Guinea

Good analysis. No one really understands what is going on in African countries and many countries in the World for that matter.
We continually find ourselves questioning the SA data because of inconsistencies.
And the reporting is highly suspect in SSA.
Too many unknowns to even try and explain what is going on with any confidence.

Last edited:

rambo919

Honorary Master
Good analysis. No one really understands what is going on in African countries and many countries in the World for that matter.
We continually find ourselves questioning the SA data because of inconsistencies.
And the reporting is highly in SSA.
Too many unknowns to even try and explain what is going on with any confidence.
Only proves that statistics in general are almost useless..... unless everything and everyone is connected to the system ala 1984.....

quovadis

Executive Member
If you have expensive vaccines that will make you a lot of money and all the bribes have already been paid..... it's easy to not have enough evidence for a dirt cheap public domain alternative..... simply lean on the people you already bribed to either not test the alternative or or drag their feet in testing.
The first 30 million Pfizer doses for South Africa were @ $10 per dose (2 shots) and $5 per J&J vaccine (single shot). I imagine once the demand in the US goes down it'll get even cheaper. Perhaps @Geoff.D can advise how much he paid for his Ivermectin prescription.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
The first 30 million Pfizer doses for South Africa were @ $10 per dose (2 shots) and $5 per J&J vaccine (single shot). I imagine once the demand in the US goes down it'll get even cheaper. Perhaps @Geoff.D can advise how much he paid for his Ivermectin prescription.
Nothing.
Is that good enough for you?
Why? Because I am not in the habit of taking ANY medication without a need for it.

JohnStarr

Expert Member
I'm not ignoring anything I'm simply looking at the timeframe she provides vs the data available and they don't correlate. The majority of patients recover regardless of intervention.
...that's kind of missed by the zealots.

TeMoeg

The patient experience of Ivermectin​

According to Dr. Jackie Stone, Covid-19 has just about disappeared in Zimbabwe. She is now getting 1 or 2 calls a week, compared to +20 an hour (including texts) during the second wave.