Ivermectin: balance of evidence shows no benefit against Covid-19

JangoFett

Dude joined a week ago, somehow knows I build nuclear power stations, which I last posted about 6 months ago ...
I believe the standard retort to such things is "Just a coincedence".

Like when the WEF talks about the "Great Reset" and hosts a simulated pandemic, and then when a virus with a 99.7% survival rate breaks out, people treat it like it's the end of the world and tank the world economy in the process. Just a coincedence, and anyone who says otherwise must be a conspiracy theorist anti-vaxxer. Isn't that right?

DA-LION-619

Honorary Master

Like when the WEF talks about the "Great Reset" and hosts a simulated pandemic, and then when a virus with a 99.7% survival rate breaks out, people treat it like it's the end of the world and tank the world economy in the process. Just a co-incedence, and anyone who says otherwise must be a conspiracy theorist anti-vaxxer. Isn't that right?
Just a conspiracy theorist will do Lizzy

buka001

Honorary Master

Like when the WEF talks about the "Great Reset" and hosts a simulated pandemic, and then when a virus with a 99.7% survival rate breaks out, people treat it like it's the end of the world and tank the world economy in the process. Just a co-incedence, and anyone who says otherwise must be a conspiracy theorist anti-vaxxer. Isn't that right?
Lol, the guy who stayed awake for 72 hours researching Qanon, warning me that Hillary Clinton would be arrested, wants to talk about conspiracy theories?

Howdy

Dude joined a week ago, somehow knows I build nuclear power stations, which I last posted about 6 months ago ...
I was having a warm sheep dip, rooted my Pfizer and some IVM got it. It then spontaneously communicated with your chips. Now I'm inside your head ... yech! You really need to tidy up. Nothing to do with you commenting on it recently on these forums.

DA-LION-619

Honorary Master
I was having a warm sheep dip, rooted my Pfizer and some IVM got it. It then spontaneously communicated with your chips. Now I'm inside your head ... yech! You really need to tidy up. Nothing to do with you commenting on it recently on these forums.
The lord is my shepard

Swa

Honorary Master
Note how all those dosage levels are lower than the level that Geoff says is required to combat COVID.

Let me be clear.

Studies around IVM, pre-COVID did mot look at the long term dosage on humans, who would be using this as a preventative measure.

What studies have shown that this is perfectly fine for humans, who use IVM over a long duration?
You're conflating everything into one and it's not the first time you display such basic misunderstandings. Really seeing as people want to make a big hoopla about "qualifications" this is where it becomes apparent who is indeed qualified to debate a subject and who isn't. It's where the Socratic method can be a good tool except in a free for all with people like Cosmik Junk it's used to ridicule and bully people so it becomes worthless. Either everyone ends up being qualified or nobody does so no good debate can occur.

Can you say with confidence that if someone pre-medicates with IVM for several days in the hope of avoiding contracting COVID, his health will not be affected by this?

Geoff has advocated for this before.
Yes we can based on 40 years of data. Now does not even having 1 year's worth of data stop you from taking and advocating the vaccines? Really this is pathetic coming from you lot. I have never advocated against vaccines of any kind yet get labelled as anti-vax. I have only advocated for their proper use where they are used and being aware of the real potential risks as well as the pros and cons. But for that I get called anti-science and an anti-vaxxer by the people who themselves do not understand science and instead subscribe to scientism. Go figure.

Swa

Honorary Master
The point is that the analysis of the evidence came from a gigantic group, and not just one individual. It is much more likely one individual or small group could all be wrong, then a larger group.
Actually not. To see who's more likely to be wrong you have to look at things like bias and other factors. Without that you are simply clinging to the argumentum ad populum fallacy.

Swa

Honorary Master
That quote is from one of the peers?

Question for you, Mr Peer Review: Who reviews the peers?
I don't know, just quoted the piece you quoted. I just find it extremely ironic that a professor would downplay such an important case for treatment that pharmaceutical companies would bet billions on it but would probably use that as a case for the vaccines.

Howdy

I don't know, just quoted the piece you quoted. I just find it extremely ironic that a professor would downplay such an important case for treatment that pharmaceutical companies would bet billions on it but would probably use that as a case for the vaccines.
I quoted it for the benefit of our friend. You extracted and posted it, I was lazy and quoted it.

I agree with you, the obvious is obvious.

Reactions: Swa

Swa

Honorary Master
I quoted it for the benefit of our friend. You extracted and posted it, I was lazy and quoted it.

I agree with you, the obvious is obvious.
Oh! You thought I thought you agree with that? Sorry, I should have been more specific there.

buka001

Honorary Master
Tu quoque, Lizzy. ;)

Here we go.

It is the C50 value he keeps talking about.

JangoFett

Here we go.

It is the C50 value he keeps talking about.

So let me get this straight, you are taking discussions about in vitro results and trying to twist that to mean in vivo treatments.... because?

Is it because you are a troll? I think it's because you are a troll.

lumeer

Expert Member
It slightly irks me when people say that they've "researched" a topic when they actually mean that they've learned about a topic by reading or watching videos or listening to podcasts. Doing research implies some kind of original contribution to man's understanding of the topic and usually culminates in some kind of thesis or journal publication or research monograph on the topic.

I see this a lot with people stating that they've been "researching" ivermectin, when what they actually mean is that they've been reading up on ivermectin, watching videos about it, etc.

JohnStarr

Executive Member
It slightly irks me when people say that they've "researched" a topic when they actually mean that they've learned about a topic by reading or watching videos or listening to podcasts. Doing research implies some kind of original contribution to man's understanding of the topic and usually culminates in some kind of thesis or journal publication or research monograph on the topic.

I see this a lot with people stating that they've been "researching" ivermectin, when what they actually mean is that they've been reading up on ivermectin, watching videos about it, etc.
^^^^ Nail...meet head of hammer!

Temujin

Honorary Master

re·search​

(rĭ-sûrch′, rē′sûrch′)
n.
1. Careful study of a given subject, field, or problem, undertaken to discover facts or principles.
2. An act or period of such study: her researches of medieval parish records.
v. re·searched, re·search·ing, re·search·es
v.intr.
To engage in or perform research.
v.tr.
1. To study (something) thoroughly so as to present in a detailed, accurate manner: researching the effects of acid rain.
2. To do research for: research a magazine article.