Ivermectin: balance of evidence shows no benefit against Covid-19

Bonywasawarrioraway

Expert Member
What we don't know is what were their dosages? Pointless if the dosages were not at the right level.
Yes, but what are the right doses? There are all sorts of people buying ivm from co-ops, vets, friends and their local bartender. All get different advice on dosage since no tried and tested regimen for use of ivm against covid in humans exists. Once there is it would be a different matter. Its the wild west out there, by now i'm sure some people are making a killing selling fake ivm made from foot powder and garlic.

Swa

Honorary Master
Yes, but what are the right doses? There are all sorts of people buying ivm from co-ops, vets, friends and their local bartender. All get different advice on dosage since no tried and tested regimen for use of ivm against covid in humans exists. Once there is it would be a different matter. Its the wild west out there, by now i'm sure some people are making a killing selling fake ivm made from foot powder and garlic.
I'd say the maximum safe dose. When you want to block a receptor you generally want to block as much as possible. It would stand to reason the result would be directly related to the dosage. Of course that is just a theory and it may be adjusted according to the severity or what the studies show.

This is part of the problem, when you get it from the co-op there's no guidance on what the dosage should be.

Forum Reader

Oh, okay, the 'experts' decided 501 people is enough to come to this conclusion. Well done.

Over and above this, I will not be paying too much attention to anything posted in Groundup nor any 'scientific' evidence coming from Argentina.

There are experts in this thread who decided that 1 or 2 people are enough to come to the conclusion that Ivermectin works.

"Me and my family took it and didn't go to hospital. So it works and I have to tell everyone about it because I'm the proof."

This is how BS like homeopathy started. Just let the real scientists do their work and stop being a moron.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
There are experts in this thread who decided that 1 or 2 people are enough to come to the conclusion that Ivermectin works.

"Me and my family took it and didn't go to hospital. So it works and I have to tell everyone about it because I'm the proof."

This is how BS like homeopathy started. Just let the real scientists do their work and stop being a moron.
The only moron around is you! Your own bias against homoeopathy is leading YOU by the nose. Homoeopathy was around BEFORE medicine became a science.

Practice some critical thinking and join the debate or stop looking at these threads.

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
The only moron around is you! Your own bias against homoeopathy is leading YOU by the nose. Homoeopathy was around BEFORE medicine became a science.

Practice some critical thinking and join the debate or stop looking at these threads.

Homeopathy? So every molecule of water should bear a memory of something seeing it's been around for billions of years...

But homeopaths are going to reprogramme the molecules they have by dividing the amount of them after exposing them to a substance? Absolute drek.

buka001

Honorary Master

Is this sarcasm?

If not, then this post makes absolute sense in terms of how your opinion on medical matters is formed.

Homeopathy is literal snake oil.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Homeopathy /= herbal

I hope both of you, plus OP who raised this topic in the first place, have read that reference thoroughly and in-depth. Use some critical analysis and thinking about what is quoted in that very thorough reference.

THEN come back and compare that with many elements of modern medical research.
The problem is modern medical science can't see past their biases to realise just how much they depend on the techniques typically attributed to "homeopathy" that permeates every aspect of current clinical trial and medicine development.

It takes a lot to admit that regardless of what they think about homoeopathic medicines, the techniques used everyday in modern medicine are not all that different.

But we digress. OP and others' are welcome to start a new thread on the subject and then we can debate the issue in depth there.

SoldierMan

Executive Member
Emergency Use Authorisation would not have been granted for vaccines if other medicines could have been shown to be effective. Good reason for big companies to downplay Ivermectin and not even attempt trials.

Speedster

Honorary Master
I hope both of you, plus OP who raised this topic in the first place, have read that reference thoroughly and in-depth. Use some critical analysis and thinking about what is quoted in that very thorough reference.

THEN come back and compare that with many elements of modern medical research.
The problem is modern medical science can't see past their biases to realise just how much they depend on the techniques typically attributed to "homeopathy" that permeates every aspect of current clinical trial and medicine development.

It takes a lot to admit that regardless of what they think about homoeopathic medicines, the techniques used everyday in modern medicine are not all that different.

But we digress. OP and others' are welcome to start a new thread on the subject and then we can debate the issue in depth there.
Perhaps you can name one technique used in homeopathy that is similar to that used in modern medicine?

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Perhaps you can name one technique used in homeopathy that is similar to that used in modern medicine?
Do your own research. consider it an exercise in critical analysis of written reports.

Reactions: Swa

Speedster

Honorary Master
Do your own research. consider it an exercise in critical analysis of written reports.
Standard answer for those who have no answer to give. Point is that homeopathy and modern medicine are two contradictory poles. As per the wikipedia article you lauded: "All relevant scientific knowledge about physics, chemistry, biochemistry and biology gained since at least the mid-19th century contradicts homeopathy"

JohnMao

Executive Member

Not everyone Google'd their knowledge. Not everyone is a sceptic either as much as you see anybody who never follows your logic.
People can decide for themselves, consult who they want too, and believe that self-medication doesn't work as well as going to a doctor or pharmacist (2 professions you absolutely destroyed on the forums last year quite happily).

Nobody takes you seriously here.

Temujin

Honorary Master

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Standard answer for those who have no answer to give. Point is that homeopathy and modern medicine are two contradictory poles. As per the wikipedia article you lauded: "All relevant scientific knowledge about physics, chemistry, biochemistry and biology gained since at least the mid-19th century contradicts homeopathy"
I never brought the subject up. Go and pick on the guy that did. And read past the bias of the author of the wiki entry! Nor did I post the link, you guys did. Fight your own BS battle.

hsmnel

Ivermectin has been positively peer-reviewed in 50 separate studies. Mexico City uses it and has reported a 76% drop in hospitalisations and Covid deaths. In May 2020 the government of Peru officially endorsed its usage in treating Covid patients. Its usage saw a 75% decrease in deaths.

• Love

SlinkyMike

Executive Member
As usual, wrong on all fronts.

Homeopathy was developed in 1796 by Samuel Hahnemann. That's the same year Edward Jenner administered the first smallpox vaccine. So no. Homeopathy was not around "BEFORE medicine became a science."
Even if it were, please explain how that automatically promotes it above actual modern medical science? The horse drawn cart was around before the internal combustion engine but one is clearly more advanced than the other, what's your logic please?

Hahnemann was a grifter who struggled to make an impression on the medical landscape as a young doctor but died a millionaire after publishing his "discoveries".

LOL. You always finish your posts with a dramatically ironic statement and this one does not disappoint.

Please explain the critical thinking that led you to believe that water has memory and by shaking the water with medicine in it then diluting it until not one molecule of the medicine remains will 'imprint' the medicine on the water thus imbuing the water with the properties of the medicine? What about recycled water? Full of pee-and-poo memory? How do sugar tablets make fairies dance around your tongue and cure your maladies please?

My lord.