Ivermectin: balance of evidence shows no benefit against Covid-19

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
The problem is that the Vaccines to do not offer permanent immunity. Immunity in most ends by 6 months. New research showed some who had imminunity for up to 8 months before they got re-infected. Every single person taking the vaccine today will at some point in time need the shot(s) again or booster shots.

No vaccine offers permanent immunity. Yellow fever is 10 years. Others less. I maintain an International Vaccine Certificate (Yellow Card) and have to be vaccinated periodically. Due to working in dodgy places I have been vaccinated against Yellow Fever, Measles, Rubella, Diphtheria, Meningitis, Hep A, B and C, Typhoid, Tetanus, Polio, Whooping Cough, Cholera and now Covid. Due to being born before 1980, I was vaccinated against Smallpox.

The flu vaccine has to be administered annually due to it being a fast mutating RNA virus.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Once 67% of the population has antibodies it achieves herd immunity.
Less and less evidence that this so-called target is worth anything. The last interview with Prof Karrim confirmed that our experts are already busy re=evaluating that target and are leaning towards pushing the number to be vaccinated much higher.

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
Got symptoms from the vaccine?
No that is where you make the mistake. So far all you can say is that you are less likely to get very sick IF you were to be infected by the virus.
A single jab or have you had both?

Single jab Pfizer. Booster next month. Wife had the full Covid symptoms but mild. I had a headache and sore throat only.

blunt

Expert Member
Sorry, I was using the wrong units for calculation there (micrograms, milligrams). The dose I was having was very much in line with this study actually - about 6mg/25kg. Also took a massive dose of vitamin D3 once-off, and yes took precautionary antibiotics, probiotics, several thousand mg Vit-C, Zn, 3 x a day nasal saline wash and a bunch of other things. We went on the full attack 24/7, 4 times a day PO readings into a spreadsheet.
I do believe the IVM helped significantly, since my partner was a few days ahead and she started taking it much later than me.
I've seen most studies use 0.2mg/kg on day 1 and day 3, with another study giving a single dose of 0.4mg/kg. Yours is 0.24g/kg so seems to match the majority I've taken a look at.

I have some iverwon 12mg just in case I ever get it, since I'm at the ass end of the vaccine queue.

rvZA

Executive Member
No vaccine offers permanent immunity. Yellow fever is 10 years. Others less. I maintain an International Vaccine Certificate (Yellow Card) and have to be vaccinated periodically. Due to working in dodgy places I have been vaccinated against Yellow Fever, Measles, Rubella, Diphtheria, Meningitis, Hep A, B and C, Typhoid, Tetanus, Polio, Whooping Cough, Cholera and now Covid. Due to being born before 1980, I was vaccinated against Smallpox.

The flu vaccine has to be administered annually due to it being a fast mutating RNA virus.

Like I said, way too little research on Covid, the vaccines, etc., are available at this point in time. One thing that is certain is that most scientists, even in the WHO and CDC agrees that Covid vaccines, and even being infected by Covid itself, only offer months of immunity before it wears off.

Bonywasawarrioraway

Expert Member
With or without IVM and even the vaccine, you will continue getting covid. Neither the Vaccines nor IVM is a guarantee you will not contract it.

You may actually the be odd one out here having been exposed at least 4 times and not contracting Covid. You may well be of special interest to researchers.
There is still so little known about this virus, especially regarding contributory factors, that no really confident calls should be made. Why would medication for killing parasites in animals work on a virus in humans? Just because person A took it and lived does not mean it works. The more scientists and researchers debunk the idea, the more adamant the adherents to the theory become. It is a study in human psychology wort pursuing.

You may well be of special interest to researchers.
Funny you mention that. I have been beset by psychologists wanting to make their careers out of me.

Nurple Derple

Honorary Master
The problem is that the Vaccines to do not offer permanent immunity. Immunity in most ends by 6 months. New research showed some who had imminunity for up to 8 months before they got re-infected. Every single person taking the vaccine today will at some point in time need the shot(s) again or booster shots.
Interesting that Israel is reporting that the Pfizer is only 64% effective against the Delta variant whilst everybody else is reporting it being around 88% effective.

It should be noted that the country has been fully vaccinated since March. It seems the vaccine loses Effectiveness against infection over time.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
But, after 6-8 months your immunity will be gone in total.
Not so. There is plenty of evidence already available that puts this rather doom and gloom statement into serious doubt. It is certainly not borne out by years of experience with similar viruses and vaccines.

Our immunity might take a while to kick in but to claim that all protection will be gone in 6 - 8 months is pretty much just not true.

Last edited:

KoKaRoT

I came across some article that Africa has not felt the devastating effects of Covid because Ivermectin is being used to treat other diseases like River blindness and others. It's cheap too.

Coincidence? maybe.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
I came across some article that Africa has not felt the devastating effects of Covid because Ivermectin is being used to treat other diseases like River blindness and others. It's cheap too.

Coincidence? maybe.
No easy way to prove or disprove a link though.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Ivermectin, AKA Hydroxychloroquine 2021.
But you are aware that there is a resurgence in interest in HCQ as a treatment for viral infections with much better-controlled studies in progress?

And there are plenty of doctors overseas still using it in their treatment regimes for Covid 19?
So the Regulators and big pharma might have written it off but not everyone.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Yeah anecdotal at best.... both my parents contracted covid at the same time, symptom onsets at the same time, started taking ivermectin at the same time, mom recovered, dad died 4 weeks later.

So did ivermectic help my dad or make it worse or not help at all?

Or kill him, due to wrong dosage.

rvZA

Executive Member
Not so. There is plenty of evidence already available that puts this rather doom and gloom statement into serious doubt. It is certainly not borne out by years of experience with similar viruses and vaccines.

Our immunity might take a while to kick in but to claim that all protection will be gone in 6 - 8 months is pretty much just not true.

WHAT WE KNOW ABOUT NATURAL IMMUNITY

The good news is that there is reason to believe that immunity from COVID-19 vaccines will last at least longer than six months.

Natural immunity (i.e. immunity in people who have been infected with COVID-19) can last for up to eight months, according to research published in Science. Vaccine-derived immunity can sometimes be stronger and longer-lasting, but this is by no means always the case, and so with COVID-19 vaccines the jury is still out.

The researchers in Science add that although immune memory is what leads to long-term immunity, it’s hard to predict how long immunity will last because the exact mechanisms of protective immunity used by our bodies against SARS-CoV-2 or COVID-19 are not yet known.

Both Pfizer and Moderna are currently exploring whether or not their vaccines will require boosters or genetic modifications to respond to emerging SARS-CoV-2 variants. In the meantime, while much of the world is yet to be vaccinated, the focus on getting vaccinations to everyone equitably should be our main focus.

I just need to find the WHO article too. It was a video of a doctor stating that they have found a couple of people, who had the vaccine who had immunity for up to 8 months before losing it and getting re-infected again.

So, I have no doubt that you will lose your immunity within months of either recovering from the virus or getting the vaccine.

Booster shots and even re-vaccination may become required on an annual basis, or even more than once per year.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master

I just need to find the WHO article too. It was a video of a doctor stating that they have found a couple of people, who had the vaccine who had immunity for up to 8 months before losing it and getting re-infected again.

So, I have no doubt that you will lose your immunity within months of either recovering from the virus or getting the vaccine.

Booster shots and even re-vaccination may become required on an annual basis, or even more than once per year.
In the reference you quoted:

Vaccine-derived immunity can sometimes be stronger and longer-lasting, but this is by no means always the case, and so with COVID-19 vaccines the jury is still out.

it’s hard to predict how long immunity will last because the exact mechanisms of protective immunity used by our bodies against SARS-CoV-2 or COVID-19 are not yet known.

So you are reading far too much certainty into it which means there is no proof yet to make absolute statements like this.

Reactions: Swa

rvZA

Executive Member
In the reference you quoted:

So you are reading far too much certainty into it which means there is no proof yet to make absolute statements like this.

Totally agreed. I am reading too much into this for now. But, I am feeling confident that you will not have 1-2 years of immunity, either contracting Covid naturally or getting vaccinated. All the research this far, all the news, all the re-infection statistics seem to point to the contrary - that immunity may last for about 3-8 months depending on your immune system. But, you are right in pointing out this may still change.

The only problem we are facing, over and above this, is the mutations of the virus which may prove both fatal and negative for the whole world in the future, unless they quickly come up with a treatment for Covid. Vaccines are only a temporary measure. The world needs an effective treatment to kill the virus.