Ivermectin: balance of evidence shows no benefit against Covid-19

PsyWulf

Honorary Master
10/10 for you idiots though. Do yourselves all a favour start ignoring social media crap, it is much easier on you.
Damn man,0/10 on the creative response
You're sliding here,and I had such good hopes for you:cautious:

Since we're rating though another 0/10 on the assumption there that social media has any interest to me whatsoever ;) that fad was entertaining years ago before it became a cesspool of your favourite writers/toobers/scienturds

Today is the day Geoff proves himself to be something other than a peanutbutter jar full of nutty goodness - I hoped

JohnMao

Executive Member
10/10 for you idiots though. Do yourselves all a favour start ignoring social media crap, it is much easier on you.
Look at you getting all uppity...all I see on FB are a bunch of idiots posting links to fake information; dodgy links to new articles about the virus etc...and they're the anti-vaxxers. Your lot.
I have yet to see someone I know post about being vaccinated. It's the other side of the fence making the most noise. Your idiots...

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Damn man,0/10 on the creative response
You're sliding here,and I had such good hopes for you:cautious:

Since we're rating though another 0/10 on the assumption there that social media has any interest to me whatsoever ;) that fad was entertaining years ago before it became a cesspool of your favourite writers/toobers/scienturds

Today is the day Geoff proves himself to be something other than a peanutbutter jar full of nutty goodness - I hoped
Have you decided not to answer the question related to diminishing returns? Pretty much unintelligible ramblings of a coke head.

PsyWulf

Honorary Master
Pretty much unintelligible ramblings of a coke head.
Now I never said you are a cokehead,but it does make sense now that you mention it, surprised I never thought of it earlier,I assumed your stupidity was related to a brain injury rather than artificially induced

Regarding diminishing returns,i'll save intelligent conversation for those capable of it ie. you're disqualified since Jan van Riebeeck's days

If anybody else would like to discuss it,feel free to ask

calvin-

There is no "current expert consensus"!
There are two camps, more or less equally balanced from every angle you care to look, one claiming effective for early treatment and prophylaxis and the other claiming no evidence for and against.

There are also two camps about the earth being flat or round.
Some also say they're evenly balanced.

Wary GOM

Expert Member
Believers will believe any *hi*. It is only empiricists and those who observe who realise that without reliable evidence collected properly scientifically this is all just f*a*ti*g against the wind for the sake of being noticed.

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
It must be like a drug for them (excuse the pun) to kind of follow what's popular at that point in time for Covid without actually understanding any of it?
People must get a kick out of this sort of thing.

It's the education system. No critical thinking taught, rote learning is required. Math and science, which are abstract thinking subjects are no longer compulsory. No debates are held as most teachers are completely incapable of chairing a debate. Failure is no longer a big deal.

The entire nation has been dumbed down.

PsyWulf

Honorary Master
I'd say they're a fringe of loudmouths,like the iverturds on the forum
Frankly if the planet is 50/50 on flat earthers and iverturds vs sane bunch we really should just launch all the nukes and wipe ourselves out before some other self-induced stupidity extincts the species

RiaX

Expert Member
Source of your information please?

Its probably true. The patients want it due to all this nonsense. Wont work maybe they'll get some clots, Mydriasis who knows. Though there is some value in the placebo from them believing it will work

Last edited:

tetrasect

Expert Member

surface

Honorary Master
High-dose ivermectin demonstrated safe, but did not prove efficacy to reduce viral load.

So, is it like fatal dose of any homeopathic medicine is perfectly safe but it is not really going to help in curing headache ?

rietrot

Honorary Master
Last edited:

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
High-dose ivermectin demonstrated safe, but did not prove efficacy to reduce viral load.

Good for posting the link to a study that does add to the pool of knowledge.

BAD for posting a title that does NOT reflect the purpose of the trial nor its main conclusions.

Typical of those playing to their pre-conceived agenda.

We also show that high doses of ivermectin are safe, but tolerability is reduced compared to usual doses.
Yes! Been obvious for months.
We suggest that if no significant effect on viral reduction is observed with higher doses, it is not plausible to aim at this result with lower doses.

Clinical efficacy (which was not a primary endpoint in our study) might result from additional factors and mechanisms of action of the drug, hence large, well conducted trials evaluating clinical endpoints could add further information, though we still consider this unlikely.
We believe that our findings further support the conclusions of the Cochrane review, suggesting that it is currently advisable to refrain from administrating ivermectin for the treatment of COVID-19 outside clinical trials.
Reduced tolerability must be considered before embarking on large, high-dose clinical trials

Post and comment BUT have the decency to post the entire conclusion and not only what you like.