Ivermectin: balance of evidence shows no benefit against Covid-19

Brian_G

Executive Member
Why would big pharma prefer to spend billions on vaccine development and studies as opposed to putting ivermectin in a fancy box and marketing it? And before you go down the whole it costs cents and there’s no patents go look at what it sells for in the markets vaccines are most adopted currently.
I don't claim to know their plans, just know they're too often up to no good. And I said it was just a quick mention. But some of this was covered earlier in this thread wasn't it?

Why defend them anyway.. yes they do some good, even make softer IVM, but likely never without abusive interest. My Showmax doccie reference on the previous page says it all.

PsyWulf

Honorary Master
@Brian_G have you considered the following:
why wouldn't the pharma companies focus on Ivermectin instead for easy profit? Vaccines are already developed and they've made their money,if they just went ahead and pushed ivermectin they could corner both sides of the market and double those delicious dollars and be the darling of everyone
Ivermectin I assume would be a long-term constant-dosing prophylaxis,much better to have long-term repeat buy-in for profits. Buy your 3month/6month/12month supply at bulk-discounts?
Vaccinations are a 1-2 shots per season/year,and it might only last a year or 2 and done,especially given how hard the pushback is from the alt-crowd
For a profit-hungry company to spite themselves by dissuading ivermectin use,there must be a good reason,side effects over long term? Legal liability for unapproved treatments?

Brian_G

Executive Member
Anyone who thinks big pharma actions can just be logically justified are not looking at the underlying facts.
With respect, try to watch the doccies.

/done

buka001

Honorary Master
@Markd

View attachment 1205024

Doesn't happen often. Usually due to a complaint, and a few lean on that for manipulation.

Back to IVM - nearly finished my first bottle of human version and doing well, going to take a break soon as no treatment or protective medication should be overused.
How long does the dose of IVM keep you safe from COVID, after you stop? What studies have you used to determine this?

How long will you take a break for? How does this impact your safety against COVID? What studies have you used to determine this.

What study did you use to determine 1 bottle was enough for now?

Daveogg

Expert Member
I see their has been some discussion regarding vaccination technique. This is my ramblings on it.
Their is biologic plausibility and some animal data (on adeno vector vaccines) that direct intravenous administration will cause undesired effects.
The deltoid is a relatively avascular structure, but it is a muscle so to say their are no blood vessels is wrong. Also in general we know that vascular anatomy is highly variable between individuals.
View attachment 1201474
When VITT was noted, I think it was via Dr John Campbell (nurse) videos that I became aware of this possibility, and did some superficial reading of the mouse studies.

About this time our nurses were receiving training on the vaccine administration process. I asked them about aspiration. They all confirmed that part of the training was that aspiration was NOT required for these vaccines. ( But they all said they would aspirate anyway as it has become an ingrained unconscious part of giving an IMI injection). I suggested that despite what they had been told, to use their usual technique of a quick aspiration.

I have pondered why no aspiration would be specifically included in training. My only conclusion is that perhaps in anticipation of mass vaccination needing a "less skilled" vaccinators workforce and the conclusion was that including aspiration as part of the vaccination process could cause confusion?

Having had the original and booster, and closely watching I can confirm a quick "tug back" on the needle for both of my vaccinations.

As an aside, lets tone down the antagonism. Geoff and myself certainly don't agree on everything, but their are few people in the real world that agree with everything I believe and vice versa, yet we can remain friends. I am sure over a beer and a braai most of us would get along just fine. I think we are going to have a rough few weeks coming up, lets try keep sight of the goal that most of us here have in common - getting back to normal.

Kind of reinventing the wheel, I think some people had already figured this out a while ago, but now its official.

"The vaccine is injected into the muscle but sometimes leaks into the bloodstream" - hmmm ok

Brian_G

Executive Member
You do realise "big pharma" makes ivermectin right ?

It's not some guy in a shed ...
If you would have paid attention you would have seen I acknowledged and discussed that. Second time you've ignored facts with me this week.

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
before you go down the whole it costs cents and there’s no patents go look at what it sells for in the markets vaccines are most adopted currently
local market price distortions make no difference to the global picture ... the global picture where IVM is dirt cheap and can't be exploited commercially anywhere near the degree of a brand new super awesome purpose built "cure" for a global pandemic

why wouldn't the pharma companies focus on Ivermectin instead for easy profit? Vaccines are already developed and they've made their money,if they just went ahead and pushed ivermectin they could corner both sides of the market and double those delicious dollars and be the darling of everyone
the millisecond they push IVM the vaccine game disappears, why would they cannibalize their own cash cow?

You do realise "big pharma" makes ivermectin right ?
well yeah, you do realise a single entity can do both good and bad, right?

Brian_G

Executive Member
How long will you take a break for?
Undecided.

How does this impact your safety against COVID?
I have never felt seriously at risk from covid, its serious side only affects a very small percentage of the population as we all know. My IVM usage is a precaution based on some observed events, perhaps neurotically so, never intended for long term use.

Re the rest of your issues - I have direct medical advice, suggest anyone else interested seek the same.
I think we're done.

quovadis

Executive Member
local market price distortions make no difference to the global picture ... the global picture where IVM is dirt cheap and can't be exploited commercially anywhere near the degree of a brand new super awesome purpose built "cure" for a global pandemic
Notwithstanding the lack of qualitative data to support IVM as a treatment option, in your "unexploited picture" - How many $2, 10 tablet packs of Ivermectin do you think the average person will go through and how would it remain at $2 once demand rockets? There's more scale and profit potential vs a $10 vaccine dose. Why wouldn't Big Pharma want to put a shiny box around a pack and sell it for $3 to the very same market? They're currently selling it between $30-$100 in a 1 billion dose market of the Americas.

PsyWulf

Honorary Master
Notwithstanding the lack of qualitative data to support IVM as a treatment option, in your "unexploited picture" - How many $2, 10 tablet packs of Ivermectin do you think the average person will go through and how would it remain at $2 once demand rockets? There's more scale and profit potential vs a $10 vaccine dose. Why wouldn't Big Pharma want to put a shiny box around a pack and sell it for $3 to the very same market? They're currently selling it between $30-$100 in a 1 billion dose market of the Americas.
Remember,this is why "big pharma hasnt developed cures or vaccines for many diseases",treatments are far better profit machines
Only weak paranoids think on such small scales as our ivermectin friends arethere's far better ways that are far more profitable than "suppressing ivermectin" and making vaccines to make money

Brian_G

Executive Member
Just profit is rarely a motive, all of these guys want and have power. Time will tell what they're up to..