Ivermectin: balance of evidence shows no benefit against Covid-19

Brian_G

Executive Member
He's been discussed elsewhere
Guy sells a 21day health course that will cure or prevent covid and all manner of other diseases,he's a joke in the medical community thats definitely antivaxx for his own benefit
I'll take your word for it, I picked him based on his over-medication statement I added. There's many respected organisations concerned with truly observable extreme abuse re over-medication, I think most of us will have heard about the highest concerns in the US.

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
The same goes for cancer drugs which make way more yet Merck markets multiple crappy and great options - is your theory only applicable to covid? The point is there would be zero barrier to Merck making gazillions from Ivermectin by simply putting it in a shiny box and telling people it might work. You'd be surprised how many people refuse generics.
nobody wants to be seen price gauging a known cheap product during a pandemic, a "new" treatment is much more palatable

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
People who continually push the Big Pharma narrative believe:

1. Every single person at a pharmaceutical company are involved, from top management all the way down to the people on the production floor;
2. Believe that a pharmaceutical company's goal is to realise a profit (yes, correct...but they neglect the millions spent on R&D, setting up a new production line and training qualified people, and how long it takes to recoup those expensive. Also they forget that a pharmaceutical company actually DOES want to address a specific illness in the first place);
3. Believe ALL doctors and pharmacists are influenced by pharmaceutical companies. Not the case, no need to generalise. But they couldn't care less;
4. If you work for a pharmaceutical company but defend on a medical level, then you're corrupt and are part of the Big Pharma narrative;
5. Forget doctors and pharmacists recite an oath on graduation and are driven by a need to help people (instead of being little keyboard warriors);
6. That Big Pharma has such deep pockets that they are able to buy out the majority of medical people who can prescribe/dispense medication, as well as medical advisory boards and governments from every country on earth.

That's the narrative followed. Don't try change their minds. They're locked into that.

Now the above will be read as excusing the harm pharmaceutical companies have done in the past, but it's simply not the case of the argument at all.
erm ... you absolutely do NOT need thousands of people in on it, a handful of execs and interested parties that influence the WHO / CDC / SAHPRA etc is more than enough

most doctors will follow guidance by regulators, even if they disagree with it, nobody loses their license over following regulators' guidance

on the other hand, opposing regulators is something that can lose you your license ... oath be damned

PsyWulf

Honorary Master
I'll take your word for it, I picked him based on his over-medication statement I added. There's many respected organisations concerned with truly observable extreme abuse re over-medication, I think most of us will have heard about the highest concerns in the US.
Possible,not really the topic or my area to discuss
Just ironic the one you pulled from a hat is probably one of the biggest antivaxx charlatans of the pandemic

quovadis

Executive Member
nobody wants to be seen price gauging a known cheap product during a pandemic, a "new" treatment is much more palatable

No it's not more or less palatable. It's supply and demand. Every medication has a competitor or competing product of the same or another manufacturer whether original or generic that varies in price yet you argue that ivermectin is somehow the exception?

RiaX

Executive Member
Japanese have THAT special gene

Maybe its their culture. I went to japan cause im a huge anime fan. They are extremely polite and when they sick they wear a mask and avoid public spaces. Their manners are next level. They respect authourity and expert opinion.

By far the best country I've ever been to.

Thats the thing about the asian countries they acknowledge stupidity exists and they do not give the village idiot the same weight in say as the expert.

On a side note if you an anime fan YOU HAVE TO GO TO JAPAN. Its worth every cent

RiaX

Executive Member

Supply and demand price MUST increase. Also you cant go "big pharma" is evil and all for money then in the next line "no they scared it looks bad"

Also IVM would make FAAAAR more money than the vaccines easily. Just like how paracetamol makes bucket loads of money.

Thats where the money is in a retail pharmacy. OTC cash sales not prescriptions.

UNLESS ... :unsure: ... wait for it. IVM is made by "lil Pharma" and "big pharma" is trying to squash them .... OH MAH GAWD :eek::eek::eek::eek: