Ivermectin: balance of evidence shows no benefit against Covid-19

Aghori

Honorary Master
Correct. But nobody knows how effective IVM is in preventing the binding, who it will work on due to genetic differences, what the effective dosage is and whether the effective dosage will kill the patient due to liver failure. All medicines are poison, even paracetamol. OD on paracetamol for a while and it will also kill you due to liver failure...

I accidentally OD'd on paracetamol once. My eyes turned yellow and knees swelled up during the night... had to to go hospital and they gave me a black charcoal drink and a drip for a few hours. made me shyte a multicoloured rainbow of gooey mess and I threw up most of the whiskey I drunk. Nurse said "Don't be a dom oke, you don't abuse drugs and drink at the same time". Clever lady.

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
I accidentally OD'd on paracetamol once. My eyes turned yellow and knees swelled up during the night... had to to go hospital and they gave me a black charcoal drink and a drip for a few hours. made me shyte a multicoloured rainbow of gooey mess and I threw up most of the whiskey I drunk. Nurse said "Don't be a dom oke, you don't abuse drugs and drink at the same time". Clever lady.

The yellow eyes (Jaundice) are a symptom of impaired liver function as in Hepatitis caused by a high level of bilirubin, a yellow-orange bile pigment. Jaundice happens when haemoglobin (the oxygen-carrying component in your blood) breaks down into bilirubin.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
So what's the verdict, does it work or does it not? I know it's an anti-parasite drug thats used for lice/river fever/scabies etc... how the hell will it stop viruses?
To answer your question, IVM has been shown to be an antiviral drug as well against a string of viruses since 2001. It has NOT been used as an antiviral against any diseases caused by those viruses that the medical fraternity are prepared to recognise.

Last edited:

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Some studies have said it binds to the spike protein of the virus so it inturn can't bind to the cell and so can't replicate.
It does and the precise mechanism of how IVM binds with the spike protein is not in question anymore. It has been demonstrated in vitro (laboratory cultures of SARS-Cov-2) AND in vivo ( after treating patients with IVM).
It, therefore, does inhibit infections. The outstanding debate is about whether the action is sufficient to have a marked effect and thus be useful in treating patients or prevention.

SoldierMan

Executive Member
Hey, you're the Google and YouTube expert. Can't you find anything? Must be the algorithms that only show you what you want to see...

Ah so you you just made something up to fit your narrative!!! That's called lying.

Not very scientific or honest of you.

There have been no cases of liver damage from Ivermectin that I know of.

You can overdose on ANYTHING, but the doses that are being recommended by the FLCCC for instance are fairly low.

Next time don't tell a big old lie just to try and back up your narrative.

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
It does and the precise mechanism of how IVM binds with the spike protein is not in question anymore. It has been demonstrated in vitro (laboratory cultures of SARS-Cov-2) AND in vivo ( after treating patients with IVM).
It, therefore, does inhibit infections. The outstanding debate is about whether the action is sufficient to have a marked effect and thus be useful in treating patients or prevention.

But that's exactly what I said. Post #1519:

Correct. But nobody knows how effective IVM is in preventing the binding, who it will work on due to genetic differences, what the effective dosage is and whether the effective dosage will kill the patient due to liver failure. All medicines are poison, even paracetamol. OD on paracetamol for a while and it will also kill you due to liver failure...

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
Ah so you you just made something up to fit your narrative!!! That's called lying.

Not very scientific or honest of you.

There have been no cases of liver damage from Ivermectin that I know of.

You can overdose on ANYTHING, but the doses that are being recommended by the FLCCC for instance are faitly low.

Next time don't tell a big old lie just to try and back up your narrative.

None? OK then:

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Where are you getting your info on liver damage from? You just guessing?
The liver damage story is total BS! There is ONE single case ever recorded and it was in a patient who had already had liver damage caused by Hepatitis.

The rest is just rumour and conjecture based in SA on a single very bad MSM report that is supposedly coming from Mediclinic in GP somewhere. The precise details are not documented in that report. Nothing dealing with the clinical analysis of the patients who are supposed to have suffered liver damage was tabled in that report either. At this time NOTHING to substantiate IVM as the cause of the liver damage recorded in those patients is public knowledge. It therefore remains nothing more than conjecture.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
The concentration required for that, cannot be obtained inside the body.
Not so. There have been no studies to try yet. All of them chicken out before they reach the IC50 concentration value which is ~ 2µM even a new report I have just read has used 300µg/kg which hardly reached an IC max value of just over ~ 1 µM. (in vivo).

SoldierMan

Executive Member
None? OK then:

One case in 2006?
Given Ivermectin's record of safety that's quite the stretch. The vaccines in their short lives have done far more damage.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
One case in 2006?
Given Ivermectin's record of safety that's quite the stretch. The vaccines in their short lives have done far more damage.
It is called clutching at straws when your view and horse you are backing is drowing and floundering in ignorance and stupidity.

Reactions: Swa

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master

Exactly what I said:

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
The liver damage story is total BS! There is ONE single case ever recorded and it was in a patient who had already had liver damage caused by Hepatitis.

The rest is just rumour and conjecture based in SA on a single very bad MSM report that is supposedly coming from Mediclinic in GP somewhere. The precise details are not documented in that report. Nothing dealing with the clinical analysis of the patients who are supposed to have suffered liver damage was tabled in that report either. At this time NOTHING to substantiate IVM as the cause of the liver damage recorded in those patients is public knowledge. It therefore remains nothing more than conjecture.

So Mediclinic is wrong and you're right? When do you get nominated for the Nobel Prize for Medicine?

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
Not so. There have been no studies to try yet. All of them chicken out before they reach the IC50 concentration value which is ~ 2µM even a new report I have just read has used 300µg/kg which hardly reached an IC max value of just over ~ 1 µM. (in vivo).

Because they might KILL the patient. But you think they should go ahead. Why do you think drugs get schedules?