Ivermectin no longer allowed to treat COVID-19 in South Africa

Grant

Honorary Master
Anti-parasitic drug Ivermectin is no longer allowed to be prescribed to COVID-19 patients.

The South African Health Products Regulatory Authority has terminated the controlled Compassionate Use Access Programme with immediate effect, saying there's no credible evidence it helps treat COVID-19. In South Africa, no further importation of unregistered Ivermectin products will be allowed and health facilities will no longer be enabled to hold bulk stock in anticipation of prescriptions.

Gordon_R

Honorary Master
I'm surprised it took this long, but at least nobody 'fears' the Omicron variant. IMO there was never any credible case for compassionate use. It's like the Dark Ages when they believed in 'witches brews' as cures for ailments...

And before anyone accuses me of being callous: My cousin's brother in law died from Covid (18 months ago), and I could only shake my head on hearing that the family were rushing around trying to get 'supplies' before he died. I understand the desperate need to 'do something', but that doesn't make it any more rational.

OhYeah84

Expert Member
Dr. Geoff and his ilk incoming in 3...2...1...

SAHPRA don't know what they're doing! SAHPRA are useless (but just fine when needing his meds); doctors/pharmacists/nurses are useless in this country and know nothing (because they didn't do their degrees on Google preferring formal studies and work experience)...they're going to have a **** sandwich Tuesday with this news!

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Lol, all this is going to do, is drive it underground. Those that want to get Ivermectin, will get it, regardless of SAHPRA or their ilk say or think.
Again! Their rationale is completely beyond me. Incoming court case as soon as Afriforum gets to it.

Their news release is a pathetic document, with almost zero substantiation to anything they state in it.

They claim they have approved other treatments - well why not state and list those "approved" treatments in their press release?

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Brother in law and sister in law used it.
Both got Covid.
Both got kidney issues.
Color me surprised....
What did they use? IVM formulated for human use?
Prescribed by a doctor?
Treated themselves did they?

This issue is about IVM formulated for human use and prescribed by a medical professional.
SAHPRA's announcement and high ground BS will do nothing to prevent those that insist on self-medication with animal products.
The exact opposite is going to happen once again driving IVM use by humans underground.

Last edited:

OhYeah84

Expert Member
Prescribed by a doctor?

This issue is about IVM formulated for human use and prescribed by a medical professional.
SAHPRA's announcement and high ground BS will do nothing to prevent those that insist on self-medication with animal products.
The exact opposite is going to happen once gain driving IVM use by humans underground.
Guess who's back? Back again! Google Doc! Tell a friend...pfft. Nobody believes your uneducated, self-studied anecdotal nonsense.

Big Rat

Expert Member
Prescribed by a doctor?

The exact opposite is going to happen once again driving IVM use by humans underground.
Well, she is a cow and he is a horse's ass. they used the animal version.