Kasyx

Expert Member
Allow me to be the first to say:

OH GOD YES THANK YOU THANK YOU

Last edited by a moderator:

netaction

Ivy

I am truly sorry to see poison Ivy go, she was really great for our industry, she only put us back ten years. :mad:

I have only 1 question: Why must she wait until 2009?

Dear Ivy, we would be honoured if you would leave us now, no notice necessary. :D

Deenem

Expert Member
Telkom Dying and Ivy Leaving all in the same day.

I think we need a big 'MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!' banner across the front page.

HavocXphere

Honorary Master
Cool. I think the successor will be hard-pressed to top her unique mismanagement style.

ernstn

Expert Member
+1 :D

I was wondering what telecom company will ensure she has a nice retirement... :p

Well the sale of all her shares in Telkom should unfortunately see to a very good future for her.

The_Unbeliever

Honorary Master
branching off = forking (a fork in the road, or a process forking under un*x)

forking = f**k off

so it's saying it in a really nice way :cool: :D :D :D

ic

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
i think it has far more to do with changes in the ANC post Polokwane - the portfolio committee on communications are making it increasingly clear that they regard her as an ineffective failure in much the same was T. Mbeki is now regarded
:)

Hope the next person they'll appoint does a much better job.

But isn't it a bit late to be waking up?
That could well be Lyndall :(
I would be very surprised if Stalin-Mafole does not take over from Poison Ivy, and the only thing that has been keeping the truly evil Stalin-Mafole at bay, is the sheer narcoleptic incompetence of [the almost as evil] Poison Ivy.

If a doctor can be accused of treason for binning a picture of some dumb HIV/AIDS denialist idiot in the "DoH", then I wonder what would happen to someone that manufactures potties imprinted with pictures of Poison Ivy & Stalin-Mafole and Mbeki...

Last edited:

dominic

Legal Expert: Telecoms
That could well be Lyndall :(
afaik she is not really that keen on the job and more enthusiastic about taking up a role in international telecoms affairs (which she has been involved in before)

my guess would be that we will get someone who is not a *natural* at communications. when a new emperor representing a new "faction" comes to the power (and this seems particularly true of Jacob Zuma (and Geroge Bush...)) there is a need to reward loyalty/be politically expedient by handing out cabinet positions or deputy-ministerships. this is how we got marthinus van schalkwyk as minister of environmental affairs and tourism etc etc

sadly communications is often viewed as a non-core ministry (unlike e.g. DTI, Finance) and the position of Minister is accordingly often given without consideration for direct competence

i would love to be wrong