J&J Shot Raises Fewer Antibodies Against Delta Variant in Study

KleinBoontjie

Honorary Master
Any vaccine is better than no vaccine, and that is still a fact.

MyBB news authors, please take your clickbait titles and go back to writing a 10th article on bitcoin or the 20th article on DSTV. Maybe a 15th one on Eskom and how there's "dark days ahead". Don't pull this crap "Bad news about Johnson & Johnson’s single-dose Covid vaccine" on stuff that is medically important and have real world implications. You're stirring the pot for a reaction and for clicks and you know it.

The effectiveness of vaccines are correlated to the seriousness of sickness - i.e. they are extremely effective in preventing death, very effective in preventing ICU, moderately effective in preventing hospitalisation, etc., and the 'lower efficacies' reported often are more to do with the less serious effects, like the inability to smell your fart for two weeks and triggering a covid-positive test when flying out to meet your wife's sister at a secluded lodge in Augrabies.
Dude, don't take the article too seriously. MyBB is more akin to The Onion and shouldn't be taken too serious. The reason why people come to MyBB is for the Funny Pictures thread, almost like people use IE to download a real browser.

Pegasus

Executive Member
This is like the graphics cards wars, where the best card runs Crysis at 112 frames per second and the other POS card only runs it at a crappy 110.

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
The recent J&J study produced rather different results. Someone is not telling the whole story:
Read the first bit of MyBB's piece, MyBB should be reported for publishing it.
Johnson & Johnson’s single-dose Covid vaccine produced relatively low levels of antibodies against the delta variant in a study, raising questions about how well the shot will hold up against the strain that accounts for the vast majority of U.S. cases.

The laboratory study, released on the preprint server bioRxiv, hasn’t been published in a peer-reviewed journal and focuses on one key portion of the immune response, called neutralizing antibodies.

Daveogg

Expert Member
Read the first bit of MyBB's piece, MyBB should be reported for publishing it.
It's really amazing to see how this "fact" has morphed its way around other threads on mybb. Even saw one our of frequent flyers saying how people take anecdote over peer reviewed facts hinting at this trial.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Maybe but their is suggestion the J&J raises a better T Cell Response.

Anecdote on/
In our trauma unit all staff have had the J&J, vaccine. So far in this wave none have tested positive. During the "disturbances" most of our staff could not get to work, so a volunteer (unvaccinated) worked in the unit for 2 days. She has now tested positive.
/Anecdote off
Are you all testing regularly or only as a part of a diagnosis?

Daveogg

Expert Member
Are you all testing regularly or only as a part of a diagnosis?
Nope only if you are symptomatic, and to update my anecdote one of the nurses in the ward became mildly symptomatic and pinged a positive. Fully vaccinated with J and J. Another nurse fully vaccinated from another facility admitted with a moderate pneumonia.
Another anecdote is we have had a few surprise patients pinging positive after being admitted to the green ward after a negative PCR. Something that we managed to avoid very successfully in the previous waves.
I am wondering if perhaps the vaccination status of our nurses is now complicating patient safety in that perhaps we are now seeing the fabled asymptomatic spread? What to do?

markings

Expert Member
Because in China, the science is settled by decree of bureaucratic decision making. There's no need for opposition thought to what winnie the pooh says. I mean if I was a scientist, I wouldn't dare speak out against the party's ruling if it meant facing a life time of forced labour in some re-education camp. The west is soon to reach this point.
The CPC is actually run to a significant degree by technocrats who understand what they are doing.
I watched a live news conference this morning on CGTN about the new COVID outbreak in Ninjiang. A quite impressive response by the government. 1 High risk and 1 medium risk area restricted. Police, army and volunteers used to manage them. A 24/7 mental health care line manned by 9 psychologists. Food delivered if necessary. A 'special needs' portal where people can register any special need they may have.
I haven't come across such a response from anywhere else in the world.

ajan

The CPC is actually run to a significant degree by technocrats who understand what they are doing.
I watched a live news conference this morning on CGTN about the new COVID outbreak in Ninjiang. A quite impressive response by the government. 1 High risk and 1 medium risk area restricted. Police, army and volunteers used to manage them. A 24/7 mental health care line manned by 9 psychologists. Food delivered if necessary. A 'special needs' portal where people can register any special need they may have.
I haven't come across such a response from anywhere else in the world.
lmao, 50 cent army coming with rebuttals

genetic

Honorary Master
It’s getting old now… “X”vaccine causes “X” side effects.