J&J vaccine reduces chance of getting Covid-19 infection by half - SA study

tetrasect

Expert Member
I should go and prove the novel concept that food high in sodium and fat kills. No studies on that subject. Nope. Not one. Never been done.

:laugh::ROFL::laugh::ROFL::laugh::ROFL::laugh::ROFL:

And so will eating only oranges kill you. Nothing wrong with McDonalds, just don't eat it exclusively.

bigmc.png

Last edited:

dablakmark8

Honorary Master
I never thought i would ever get covid,it was like a myth....lol and now that i had it and recovered after 2 weeks being sick with mild symptoms was really uncomfortable.My taste is back fully and my smell is 100 percent.My brother who infected me was not vacs and he suffered heavy for about 10 days.

He went to hospital and had to have an operation on his stomach... strange story but true.He actually fell over a coffee table trying to go see a man about a horse.Covid made him dizzy and he fell and ruptured something internal .How unlucky

Everyone good now....ppl go get that jab even now after everything has settled down.Live and love life.I will be getting that booster j and j shot once its been approved .

BadBoyGP

I never thought i would ever get covid,it was like a myth....lol and now that i had it and recovered after 2 weeks being sick with mild symptoms was really uncomfortable.My taste is back fully and my smell is 100 percent.My brother who infected me was not vacs and he suffered heavy for about 10 days.

He went to hospital and had to have an operation on his stomach... strange story but true.He actually fell over a coffee table trying to go see a man about a horse.Covid made him dizzy and he fell and ruptured something internal .How unlucky

Everyone good now....ppl go get that jab even now after everything has settled down.Live and love life.I will be getting that booster j and j shot once its been approved .
If we sharing stories.

I had covid 3 months back.
Very mild symptoms, no loss of smell or anything.
Got it from my wife who got it from work.

She was paranoid of covid19, so masks, sanitizers,etc... still got it.

I wasn't as bad as her.

I'm perfectly fine now, I did not take any Jab.

My wifes aunt, 72 years old, took the jab, was in hospital for 3 weeks.

So I'm not sure whether taking the jab or not is the right message.

I know more stories of people surviving, not serious got covid without jab then with?

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
My wifes aunt, 72 years old, took the jab, was in hospital for 3 weeks.

So I'm not sure whether taking the jab or not is the right message.

I know more stories of people surviving, not serious got covid without jab then with?

The reason your aunt got so sick is her age...

Take the jab. The next variant might be much worse for you. Getting the jab helps prevent mutation.

access

Honorary Master
Getting the jab helps prevent mutation.

so mass antibiotic use is causing antibiotic resistant bacteria, along with some mass antiviral use is causing antiviral resistance with viruses, of which some are from vaccines.

but somehow it will not apply in this instance?

lumeer

Expert Member
That's simply because (a) most people were unvaccinated over the course of the pandemic, and (b) people with a poor Covid prognosis are more likely to have gotten vaccinated.

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
so mass antibiotic use is causing antibiotic resistant bacteria, along with some mass antiviral use is causing antiviral resistance with viruses, of which some are from vaccines.

but somehow it will not apply in this instance?

Antibiotics act against bacteria. Vaccines act against viruses. They are two completely different organisms. Their mechanism of function is also completely different. Antibiotics kill bacteria directly. Vaccines tell the bodies immune system to recognise and fight viruses.

Study the basics before commenting.

access

Honorary Master
Antibiotics act against bacteria. Vaccines act against viruses. They are two completely different organisms. Their mechanism of function is also completely different. Antibiotics kill bacteria directly. Vaccines tell the bodies immune system to recognise and fight viruses.

Study the basics before commenting.

right.... so viruses will just all of a sudden stop trying to evolve past an immune system as theyve being doing for thousands of years.

rapid viral mutations are more likely in a person with a immunodeficiency disorder or the immunocompromised(with or without a vaccine), than a normal healthy person.

antibiotics not killing bacteria properly or immune system not killing virus properly. see how that works?

professionals are raising this question as a point of concern. if you had the will to go look for yourself it is there.

there is irony in your suggestion.

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
right.... so viruses will just all of a sudden stop trying to evolve past an immune system as theyve being doing for thousands of years.

Not what I said.

rapid viral mutations are more likely in a person with a immunodeficiency disorder or the immunocompromised(with or without a vaccine), than a normal healthy person.

Correct. Your point?

antibiotics not killing bacteria properly or immune system not killing virus properly. see how that works?

Yes, differently. As I stated.

professionals are raising this question as a point of concern. if you had the will to go look for yourself it is there.

Which question?

there is irony in your suggestion.

Point it out please?

access

Honorary Master
Not what I said.

its called sarcasm. in response to what you said.

Correct. Your point?

pointing out that a healthy immune response help prevents mutation, not necessarily a jab. your comment seems to vilify people that dont need a jab induced immune response.

Yes, differently. As I stated.

no not different, both organisms are trying to survive. so they evolve/mutate

Which question?

what are the dangers of viral mutations from vaccine induces immune responses in healthy people and immunocompromised people

Point it out please?

look above where you ask about my point.

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
its called sarcasm. in response to what you said.

Then you need to indicate sarcasm with a /s.

pointing out that a healthy immune response help prevents mutation, not necessarily a jab. your comment seems to vilify people that dont need a jab induced immune response.

The jab increases the immune response plenty of substantiation in this and other threads. You've parachuted in and are rehashing points already dealt with.

no not different, both organisms are trying to survive. so they evolve/mutate

Bacteria are DNA organisms and take millennia to mutate. Viruses are RNA organisms and mutate rapidly. When did you last hear of a new mutated strain of E. coli or any other bacteria?

what are the dangers of viral mutations from vaccine induces immune responses in healthy people and immunocompromised people

Very small from vaccines. The more that get vaccinated the more mutations are contained.

access

Honorary Master
Then you need to indicate sarcasm with a /s.

The jab increases the immune response plenty of substantiation in this and other threads. You've parachuted in and are rehashing points already dealt with.

Bacteria are DNA organisms and take millennia to mutate. Viruses are RNA organisms and mutate rapidly. When did you last hear of a new mutated strain of E. coli or any other bacteria?

Very small from vaccines. The more that get vaccinated the more mutations are contained.

you regularly make blanket statements which just arent true.

the jab trains the immune system on how to respond to the threat of the spike protein, which is only one part of this virus. it does not increase the immune response.

viruses are not only rna organisms.

vaccines can assist to put pressure/stress on organisms. evolution evolves under pressure.

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
the jab trains the immune system on how to respond to the threat of the spike protein, which is only one part of this virus. it does not increase the immune response.

I think you're confusing Ivermectin that is claimed to prevent the binding to the spike protein. Vaccines increase immune response. It's the way they work...

viruses are not only rna organisms.

The Covid virus which is under discussion is an RNA virus.

vaccines can assist to put pressure/stress on organisms. evolution evolves under pressure.

I suggest you read the myriad threads on MyBB. I'm not rehashing this. If the virus can't infect you or is weakened, it can't evolve easily... Get jabbed.

access

Honorary Master
I think you're confusing Ivermectin that is claimed to prevent the binding to the spike protein. Vaccines increase immune response. It's the way they work...

The Covid virus which is under discussion is an RNA virus.

I suggest you read the myriad threads on MyBB. I'm not rehashing this. If the virus can't infect you or is weakened, it can't evolve easily... Get jabbed.

vaccines train the immune system by imitating a virus(or bacteria) or part of a virus, the spike protein in this case.

it does not "increase" the immune response. it prepares the immune response.

there might be a higher antibody(immunoglobin) count(and all that goes along with it) while the spike protein is being produced, but that fades as the spike protein is taken care of or is no longer being produced and returns to normal ranges.

creating memory b cells and memory t cells(these specifically) is what the goal of vaccines are(or are supposed to be).

they are not long term immunoglobin boosters, since these are meant to fade until next infection.

saying a vaccine "increases" immune response is like saying stabbing your leg with a knife increases immune response.

are you suggesting people keep taking booster shots to keep their immune system in a frenzy(increased) incase they get infected?

do you know what develops if you have an overactive immune system? aka constantly "increased" immune system.

i have been reading mybb. i dont get my information from it.

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
vaccines train the immune system by imitating a virus(or bacteria) or part of a virus, the spike protein in this case.

it does not "increase" the immune response. it prepares the immune response.

there might be a higher antibody(immunoglobin) count(and all that goes along with it) while the spike protein is being produced, but that fades as the spike protein is taken care of or is no longer being produced and returns to normal ranges.

creating memory b cells and memory t cells(these specifically) is what the goal of vaccines are(or are supposed to be).

they are not long term immunoglobin boosters, since these are meant to fade until next infection.

saying a vaccine "increases" immune response is like saying stabbing your leg with a knife increases immune response.

are you suggesting people keep taking booster shots to keep their immune system in a frenzy(increased) incase they get infected?

do you know what develops if you have an overactive immune system? aka constantly "increased" immune system.

i have been reading mybb. i dont get my information from it.

You're rehashing what has been discussed and putting a semantic spin on it. Not going there. Have fun. I'm outta here with you. Tired of rehashing the same discussion over and over and now with an alt account from someone who probably got thrashed and now wants to start over.

access

Honorary Master
You're rehashing what has been discussed and putting a semantic spin on it. Not going there. Have fun. I'm outta here with you. Tired of rehashing the same discussion over and over and now with an alt account from someone who probably got thrashed and now wants to start over.

there is nothing semantic about details when it comes to this, neither is any of what i have said.

it is either correct or incorrect.

nothing i have said is incorrect.

if you want to dismiss the correct information as semantics you should not be giving people advice.

ive noticed this is like talking about mathematics with some people, they get flustered and dont want to hear it.

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
there is nothing semantic about details when it comes to this, neither is any of what i have said.

it is either correct or incorrect.

nothing i have said is incorrect.

if you want to dismiss the correct information as semantics you should not be giving people advice.

ive noticed this is like talking about mathematics with some people, they get flustered and dont want to hear it.

Flustered? I've got Covid discussion fatigue. Go challenge @Geoff.D or @Swa and see how long you last. They've been going for months.

Mathematics? What would you like to discuss about math? Open a thread in off topic and we can discuss.

access

Honorary Master
Flustered? I've got Covid discussion fatigue. Go challenge @Geoff.D or @Swa and see how long you last. They've been going for months.

Mathematics? What would you like to discuss about math? Open a thread in off topic and we can discuss.

well there you have it, if you have covid discussion fatigue.

fatigue impairs judgement and various other cognitive functions.

you said it, not me.

maybe chill on the 62 posts a day.

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
well there you have it, if you have covid discussion fatigue.

fatigue impairs judgement and various other cognitive functions.

you said it, not me.

maybe chill on the 62 posts a day.

The number of posts I do a day is not a concern of yours. Who died and made you the god of internet advice?

Rickster

EVGA Fanatic
If I had to choose between J&J and Pfizer for Delta, which should it be? I'm <30.