J&J vaccine reduces chance of getting Covid-19 infection by half - SA study

Roger Banana

If I had to choose between J&J and Pfizer for Delta, which should it be? I'm <30.
I would recommend Pfizer for now. The main advantage of J&J is it provides protection quicker (even if at a lower level in the long run), so given cases are very low you don't need protection sooner.

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master

This you?

Editorial content is written under the pseudonym Tyler Durden and usually focuses on conspiracies related to economic collapse. Zero Hedge sources to factually mixed think tanks such as The Mises Institute, which promotes Austrian (Anarcho-Capitalism) economics. Finally, during the Coronavirus outbreak of 2020, they have frequently promoted false and misleading information, as evidenced by failed fact checks below.

Failed Fact Checks

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
That's simply because (a) most people were unvaccinated over the course of the pandemic, and (b) people with a poor Covid prognosis are more likely to have gotten vaccinated.
In other words, a self-fulfilling prophecy?

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Antibiotics act against bacteria. Vaccines act against viruses. They are two completely different organisms. Their mechanism of function is also completely different. Antibiotics kill bacteria directly. Vaccines tell the bodies immune system to recognise and fight viruses.

Study the basics before commenting.
This one I can't leave alone! Had to see what our CD oke has to say on this thread just out of interest. And then he comes up with this crap!

So there are no such thing as bacterial vaccines hey?

And the list of bacterial vaccines is quite long ..........

The most obvious one is Tetanus -- we all know about Tetanus, what about all these as well?
pertussis, diphtheria, meningococcus, pneumococcus, Haemophilus influenza, cholera, typhoid, and anthrax.

And more. NOT ALL Antibiotics kill the bacteria directly! Some work by blocking vital processes in bacteria, ultimately killing the bacteria, others only stop bacteria from multiplying without killing the bacteria.
Then and here is the punch line,

Antibiotics ultimately help the body's immune system to fight the bacterial infection! This helps the body's natural immune system to fight the bacterial infection.

Just like antiviral vaccines, different antibiotics work against different types of bacteria. The type of bacterial vaccine depends on what has been found to work best against a specific type of bacteria and the diseases associated with the bacteria.

What an over a opinionated oke this is! Suggest you follow your own advice and study the basics before posting BS.

Last edited:

vatie

Antibiotics act against bacteria. Vaccines act against viruses. They are two completely different organisms. Their mechanism of function is also completely different. Antibiotics kill bacteria directly. Vaccines tell the bodies immune system to recognise and fight viruses.

Study the basics before commenting.
You can train the immune system to attack nearly anything you want with vaccines, not just viruses. There are many bacterial vaccines.

And now with mRNA tech having been deployed to production with this pandemic we can look to other applications. The most promising is cancer, and there is already plenty development here. Instead of encoding the spike protein these vaccines focus on cancer specific antigens. The reason cancer proliferates is because it has managed to evade your immune system which under normal circumstances would kill off erroneous malfunctioning cells. There are already examples of this working: https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-019-03072-8.

Unlike viral infections, with cancer an mRNA vaccine can be used as treatment since it usually does not matter if it takes a couple weeks for the vaccine to start producing antibodies considering cancer is a slow mover. The only thing I do wonder about, and I am going to put on a bit of a conspiracy theory hat here, pharma makes an absolute fortune off of cancer therapies today. If mRNA is a cure to cancer it actually isn't in their best interests to push development of this tech.

Sorry for going a bit off topic. I do think in the long run, cancer is still the bigger threat.

w1z4rd

Karmic Sangoma
This you?

Editorial content is written under the pseudonym Tyler Durden and usually focuses on conspiracies related to economic collapse. Zero Hedge sources to factually mixed think tanks such as The Mises Institute, which promotes Austrian (Anarcho-Capitalism) economics. Finally, during the Coronavirus outbreak of 2020, they have frequently promoted false and misleading information, as evidenced by failed fact checks below.

Failed Fact Checks

Its amazing how much misinformation comes from Mises adherents.