ja

DMNknight

Expert Member
I think you're lucky that you listen to that side of you, or that you are extra sensitive to that activity.

It's a long and involved process in explaining why I side on believing you rather than discounting it offhand.

I've had similar but completely different experiences in this regard

johncgalloway

I would always errr on the side of caution where this kind of speculation is concerned. There are a lot of immediate but "fine" signs that someone who is more emotionally connected / perceptive would pick up on where other people's health is concerned, especially loved ones. We are after all pattern seekers of the highest degree (hence our intellect, at least that's my opinion) and some of us must have "won" the genetic lottery where that is concerned and have more of an edge, though that edge might sometimes be more of a curse.

I mean before you go ascribing this to any possible subatomic / quantum level type interactions.

In the end, and in time, we will be able to prove or disprove such. We might even get to a point where we "activate" that ability synthetically in ourselves. It's difficult to say.

mercurial

MyBB Legend
The 6th sense is real. I know of people who have demonstrated it time and time again, but don't expect mainstream science to back you up because "seeing is believing". What a lame cop-out.

Neoprod

Honorary Master
What would be the use of this ESP (using the examples of the medical emergencies in the original post) to historic man? Did cavemen (or any early human up to the last century) have emergency medical care methods that came into play when someone ESP'd an emergency?

Or did they just use the knowledge to start digging the hole earlier?

DMNknight

Expert Member
Can we back away from calling it ESP?
Anything is "magic" until sufficiently proved.

My very basic thinking is this. We are fundamentally, 3.5 dimensional beings. Because we are very much 3 dimensional but only capable of moving forward in time (i.e the 4th dimension).

Our brain, does not compute things in real time, it has various shortcuts it uses to make us aware of reality.
However, what we see of reality is merely a presentation of such and our interpretation of it, than what it really is.

See: Brain Games - hosted by Jason Silvia on National Geographic Channel

Furthermore, there a quantum linked parts of cells in our brain matter (I fail the find the article)

Therefore, it is not unlikely that we take to 4D space like fish to water, because we are natives of the universe, like fish in water, there are certain things we understand about ourselves that we simply accept.

More so, it takes about 20ms for an image to be processed by the brain, yet we can intercept a ball traveling at us at speed, by predicting where it is going to be. Is it that much of a stretch that we induce a certain time beding quality or property we possess in order to equal out the time deficit we function under?

Based on how we are successful as a species so far, I would say that predictive analysis of reality is part of our survival strategy as a species. It's not that much of a stretch to think that if one person can push that limit from 20ms to 50ms, they would be qualified as a fighter pilot.
Or 2 days as a father closely (genetically) linked to a focus point.

*shrug*
Interesting thoughts.

Nick333

Honorary Master
I believe in trusting my gut. There is a lot more going on in our brains and bodies than we are aware of. You only need to sit quietly for a while to hear the constant chatter of your subconscious and get an inkling of what's going on in your unconscious mind. Emotion is how our unconscious communicates with our conscious mind and it has access to way more information from our memories than we could be aware of conscious of and remain functional.

I don't agree with calling it extra sensory or dragging quantum entanglement into it. It's probably just our unconscious mind processing information we didn't consciously notice, drawing conclusions, and letting you know about in the language of physical sensation, feeling and emotion.

rh1

My 6th sense has dulled. Havent felt it in a while. Maybe cause Im fairly routine, mostly at home/work. I can honestly say it a case of the more you use it the more sensitive.

Saved my life more than 1.

Nick333

Honorary Master
That being said i can agree with it that it can be the observing subconscious communicating to our conscious minds.
However that would require your subconscious to pick up on hints from sources unknown to the conscious that is not present at all or even in close enough vicinity to hear or see or smell let alone touch in some premonitions.
No, my point is it wouldn't. We don't pay close conscious attention to everything going on in our vicinity, we couldn't possibly, there's just too much going on everywhere all the time. Our subconscious minds do. Most human communication is no-verbal for instance. We don't consciously notice body language, but we do form feelings about people based on their body language and other non-verbal cues. What I'm saying is that if we can do that unconsciously it's likely that we can have feelings about other things extrapolated from information that our brain processes unconsciously. Until we understand the extent of the human brains ability to process information and extrapolate patterns and feed them back to the conscious mind it's just fanciful to attribute anything to extrasensory perception.

Polymathic

Honorary Master
There's no 6th sense involved in any of these, it's just to subconsciously noticed a difference in a change in a person's patterns. Though the thing with your brother seems like you may have it too. Personally I tend to have prophetic dreams from time to time but it's really because that I tend to notice patterns.

Nick333

Honorary Master
There's no 6th sense involved in any of these, it's just to subconsciously noticed a difference in a change in a person's patterns. Though the thing with your brother seems like you may have it too. Personally I tend to have prophetic dreams from time to time but it's really because that I tend to notice patterns.
Ja, sight, hearing and touch are senses. I don't think we're talking about a sense in that sense. It's more a sense of things. A feeling, or complex emotional state. Our mind is a product of our entire body. We have a tendency to try and disassociate ourselves from our feelings (which we experience with our entire body) and pretend that we can be entirely rational beings. I find this as irrational as believing that we can access information beyond our physical senses. We have brains that are incredible, creative, machines. Think about dreams and hallucinations. Our brains are capable of creating images, scenarios and possibilities from past experience that literally beggar the mind. I believe that anything we can do consciously we can do exponentially more impressively unconsciously. We consciously predict the future based on experience of causality every day, it would not surprise me that we are capable of unconsciously predicting the future with great accuracy.

I don't think the unconscious mind is particularly wise though. It doesn't necessarily know what's best it just knows what's possible. It's like a talented young employee - it needs to be listened to and directed; if you let it run the show you'll go bankrupt quick.

Nanfeishen

Executive Member
Good question. What would be the point of it? Well firstly the question leads to another question. Why should there be a point to it? But let us say there is a point to it.

Examples would deviate depending on the origin of the ESP.

But let us stay in line with your example of historic man. If we base historic man on the context of our literature on cavemen one has to assume that there would have been nothing they could have done in such a medical emergency. Perhaps they could have put someone out of their misery before it occurred.

However if we throw all assumptions out of the window one could assume if said ESP was well developed it would have afforded them enough time to prepare. Perhaps gather the necessary herbs to aid in said situation. Perhaps even the ESP could assist in choosing the correct plant medicines.
Interesting topic

The body, the universe, everything, has an electromagnetic resonance to some degree or other. In living organism such as humans the study is Electrophysiology.
The point in ancient man who lived far closer to nature and the natural world than we could ever imagine would be an interaction with his surroundings on a level we have lost through the ages. An ability to sense the subtle shifts in the natural world around them would have helped in many ways and on many layers. From changes in eletromagnetic frequency to sounds, their ability to understand and interpret them on a primal level would have been enhanced in comparison to modern man who no longer require yet still retain that ability to some degree or other.
The 'ability' to know something prior to an event is the remnants of that, a throwback if you will. Picking up disease or an illness in a loved one, would be the linked frequency between two bodies, where the 2 fields overlap, and the disturbance in one persons frequency due to the disease resonates or imprints on yours.

DMNknight

Expert Member
I believe in trusting my gut. There is a lot more going on in our brains and bodies than we are aware of. You only need to sit quietly for a while to hear the constant chatter of your subconscious and get an inkling of what's going on in your unconscious mind. Emotion is how our unconscious communicates with our conscious mind and it has access to way more information from our memories than we could be aware of conscious of and remain functional.

I don't agree with calling it extra sensory or dragging quantum entanglement into it. It's probably just our unconscious mind processing information we didn't consciously notice, drawing conclusions, and letting you know about in the language of physical sensation, feeling and emotion.
Quantum entanglement? :unsure: That's not the entirety of the thought tho.
There's more to the quantum sciences than just entanglement. Arguably yes, if you think that entanglement can happen not only over any distance but also across any temporal measurement.

Thor

Honorary Master
There is a lost connection or at least dimension above us. Just like flat land do not understand the 3rd dimention

johncgalloway

The 6th sense is real. I know of people who have demonstrated it time and time again, but don't expect mainstream science to back you up because "seeing is believing". What a lame cop-out.
That lame cop out has done more for our species in the last couple of centuries, than 6th sensers have done in the preceding 6 millennia.

Science tends to think outside the box, but in a methodical and mappable way. The only real reason science generally does not look favourably on claims such as this OP is because the evidence against it has been piling up since we've been thinking more critically as a species.

The first people who would rejoice the discovery of such capabilities would be scientists, I can assure you the existence of "super powers" would warm their geeky hearts.

Bobbin

Executive Member
So here is my take, and I've been experimenting with this idea lately...

We are highly emotional creatures. Emotions have served us from the dawn of humanity. A natural instinct, if you will. At some point we then started to develop rationality (Intelligence) that enables us to discern our next action by understanding information in a different way - by manipulating it.

However, information is infinite and we can often never acquire enough of it to discern the next appropriate action. Therefore we must still rely on that gut feel, a lot! It is far more developed in all of us and I think it deserves more credit than we (Well at least I) give it. It could very well be as powerful as that 6th sense we're on about.

The problem is emotions seldom if ever provide a clear rational path forward and so we toil with it rationally (This may be one reason for procrastination). The way to overcome this is to accept our emotions with equal priority, and the risks therein, and move forward on what your emotions are telling you rather than freezing up or ignoring it.

So my way of moving through life for the past week or two has been like this:

1. ALWAYS listen to my emotions and take action accordingly.
2. Listen to my intellect if it has enough information to discern the correct course ahead, have it re-evaluate and provide feedback to my emotional self.

I often find my emotions are quite happy to adjust motive when my intellectual side has solved a problem ahead and proved itself. My intellect is just a red flag to wave now and then as needed - that's its job, but it must prove itself before I listen to it.

It is sort of like a constant discussion happening in my mind between two sides of me, but now they're sort of agreeing and playing nice :)

My anxiety has dropped a little as well, because I have full justification and trust in what I'm doing irrespective of whether I can explain myself or not (And lately I don't feel as though I have to ever explain myself). I am allowing myself to 'feel' my way forward even in moments where I can't explain my way forward.

Last edited:

Lupus

Honorary Master
My sixth sense has dulled over time, mainly because of listening to load music and getting older. Humans don't have 5 senses we actually have 21 senses, so wouldn't the so called feelings you have be more the 22nd sense? Cause the sixth sense would be your sense of balance.