Jack Dorsey Asks Elon Musk How to Fix Twitter

rpm

Admin
Staff member
Jack Dorsey Asks Elon Musk How to Fix Twitter

Elon Musk’s suggestion for how to fix Twitter? Identify the bots.

Musk, the SpaceX and Tesla Inc. chief executive officer, was asked Thursday by Twitter Inc. CEO Jack Dorsey how he would fix the social network, where Musk has almost 31 million followers.

Gaz{M}

Executive Member
I just report all the racists and usually after a few days Twitter will sanction them or remove their posts or suspend them. If enough people "Report Tweet" then these assholes will soon give up and move on.

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
I just report all the racists and usually after a few days Twitter will sanction them or remove their posts or suspend them. If enough people "Report Tweet" then these assholes will soon give up and move on.
Just goes to show how easy it is to get rid of people on Twitter you don't like or agree with...just play the race card.

Daruk

Honorary Master
Clearly you don't move in the right Twitter circles then. Some threads are almost exclusively for racists.

Chris_the_Brit

High Tory
I used to be a big advocate of the benefits of social media, but over the past couple of years, I'm come to realise that the effects of social media are on the whole, bad. This especially relates to political discourse, which is pretty cancerous on social media. There's also lots of massive disinformation on social media - not talking about bots or anything - spread by people with millions of followers. No room for nuance on social media.

Gaz{M}

Executive Member
Just goes to show how easy it is to get rid of people on Twitter you don't like or agree with...just play the race card.
Actually no. They have to assess the tweet and deem it to break terms of service. The ones I report are blatantly racist, hate speech etc. against certain groups.

And since when is "not agreeing" with someone equal to racism? If they made a racist statement, then sure.

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
Actually no. They have to assess the tweet and deem it to break terms of service. The ones I report are blatantly racist, hate speech etc. against certain groups.

And since when is "not agreeing" with someone equal to racism? If they made a racist statement, then sure.
On social media...a couple of years now already.

Chris.Geerdts

Expert Member
Problem I see in SA is not bots as such, but manufactured outrage, creating large voluntary followings - more like zombies. The coordinators spew out talking points and catch phrases which followers then retweet and recycle.

The discourse is not real political engagement, it's just hordes of followers using these shallow catch phrases

wizardofid

Executive Member
You leveled up !

Congrats on the new badge ! lol