Jacob Zuma openly defies Zondo commission, says he is ready to be jailed

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Nothing odd here, he has a right to compassionate leave. The only possible controversy at this time would be related to the granted leave, how many days he will be allowed with compassionate leave, and I am under correction, but I don’t believe that this is regulated? The decision rests with correctional services.

In my view, I would support him being with his brother. It is not an unreasonable ask in any sense.

Sneeky

Honorary Master
Whole lot of waffle and bollocks from juju...
If we recap the last week or so thats the most talking he has done.

While the country was burning there was nothing constructive that came from the Effies.
All that was brought forth was adding more fuel to the flames by threatening to join the protests if the army came in.
That got the whatsapp groups going from what I have seen.
Then the army comes in and silence.

Then he refuses to join the president and other political parties meeting to try and find solutions, saying its not his problem, its and ANC mess. Such arrogance and total lack of leadership.

Let that be a lesson for those with the power of the vote.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
If we recap the last week or so thats the most talking he has done.

While the country was burning there was nothing constructive that came from the Effies.
All that was brought forth was adding more fuel to the flames by threatening to join the protests if the army came in.
That got the whatsapp groups going from what I have seen.
Then the army comes in and silence.

Then he refuses to join the president and other political parties meeting to try and find solutions, saying its not his problem, its and ANC mess. Such arrogance and total lack of leadership.

Let that be a lesson for those with the power of the vote.

Anyone with half a neuron can see that the EFF have no leadership qualities at all. They're only in it for themselves and for Juju and will do and say whatever is needed to inject themselves into things where they see they might benefit themselves.

surface

Honorary Master
Nothing odd here, he has a right to compassionate leave. The only possible controversy at this time would be related to the granted leave, how many days he will be allowed with compassionate leave, and I am under correction, but I don’t believe that this is regulated? The decision rests with correctional services.

In my view, I would support him being with his brother. It is not an unreasonable ask in any sense.
erm. I would support him if he really choses to be with his brother as well but that is wishful thinking on my part.

Or maybe not. Let him suffer till the time comes even if it is very little suffering compared to what he did.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...

If it was as simple as him attending the funeral of his brother, I'd support it without a problem... He could be granted compassionate leave for the day.

We know that its not just about the funeral and there are a multitude of other issues at play. He may be a flight risk, he is definitely a political risk and a potential civil unrest risk as well.
If he is granted the compassionate leave, it must come with strict conditions around him not being allowed to speak in public at all, or hold any gatherings himself, or attend any other than the funeral or anything of the sort... and if he has to speak at the funeral then the speech must be approved before hand and any deviation from the speech comes with penalties (likely risk against his rescission application or potential "parole")

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
erm. I would support him if he really choses to be with his brother as well but that is wishful thinking on my part.

Or maybe not. Let him suffer till the time comes even if it is very little suffering compared to what he did.

It is a right, you disallow him with this right then we can't have a 'dialogue' about equality.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
If it was as simple as him attending the funeral of his brother, I'd support it without a problem... He could be granted compassionate leave for the day.

We know that its not just about the funeral and there are a multitude of other issues at play. He may be a flight risk, he is definitely a political risk and a potential civil unrest risk as well.
If he is granted the compassionate leave, it must come with strict conditions around him not being allowed to speak in public at all, or hold any gatherings himself, or attend any other than the funeral or anything of the sort... and if he has to speak at the funeral then the speech must be approved before hand and any deviation from the speech comes with penalties (likely risk against his rescission application or potential "parole")

At this time, I would be concerned regarding how many days he will be granted with compassionate leave. Any additional privileges, like granting more days without merit, would be worrisome. His legal council did push to have personal time with their client... and I am sure they will have a hand in negotiating these conditions.

Yes, strict conditions, but he talks through his Foundation... A Foundation that is very much a Zuma patriarchy and creed. The Foundation is Zuma, his children, his people... This onus rests with the state to place these restrictions.

I do need to ask whether the New Dawn is rattled by a recent event they saw and neither saw coming. All this will determine with which gloves they will accommodate Jacob Zuma whilst on compassionate leave.

A person like Manyi shouldn't even have a political voice on that day, and the slightest murmur about these riots on that day won't bode the state or us, the ordinary people, any good.

Grant

Honorary Master
That's Zuma for you. Everything in the last minute - probably expected that someone else would apply and just let him go home.
But covid.
He had huge concerns about Covid killing him if he went to prison.
Now he wants to join a funeral crowd.

Your transport awaits, Mr zuma
download (3) (2).jpeg