Jacob Zuma openly defies Zondo commission, says he is ready to be jailed

Gyre

Expert Member
I think he'll be driven to and from the funeral. There'll probably be police and military presence as well.

I don't know much about his brother but it seems like a dumb way to create more drama and make the funeral not about him, but about Zuma instead.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master

Zuma’s legal bills headache: State Attorney to issue summons to recover R18.2m in trial costs​

The State Attorney’s office has told the Gauteng High Court in Pretoria that Jacob Zuma spent R18 261 347.72 of taxpayer’s money fighting the arms deal-linked corruption case against him – and says it’ll issue summons to recover that money, if he doesn’t pay it back.

This will probably result in even more legal cases... Anyone knows when the trial costs are due to be settled?

BBSA

Honorary Master

This will probably result in even more legal cases... Anyone knows when the trial costs are due to be settled?
I doubt he has many assets on his own name.

Cray

Honorary Master

Eish, I'll bet his kids aren't putting a lot of faith in inheriting millions from him...

Sollie

Honorary Master

I do believe there is some precedent for having to put down a deposit when initiating a legal challenge.

Just a thought for the future ...

Splinter

Honorary Master

/dev/null

Expert Member

How will he pay when he's in jail? He also has to pay for the contempt of court case that sent him to jail.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
How will he pay when he's in jail? He also has to pay for the contempt of court case that sent him to jail.

Assets his minions have tried to squirrel away on his behalf. Will comfortably pay for everything he owes the state, and then the rest can be put into a fund to benefit the country as a whole.