Jacob Zuma openly defies Zondo commission, says he is ready to be jailed

surface

Honorary Master
Dudu doesn't sound too bright, maybe that's why she is so close to her father, they have a lot in common.
This must be statistically astonishing to science. There must be at least one moderately bright spark out of 23 known attempts?

TheChamp

Honorary Master
This must be statistically astonishing to science. There must be at least one moderately bright spark out of 23 known attempts?
There are, I have realised that the others try to stay as far as possible from their father and his shenanigans, it's Dudu and Edward who seems to be always by his side defending him, I think the two are the ones without much options outside of their father's influence.

Out of all his children I bet most people only knows three names, Dudu, Duduzane's and Edward, that says a lot.

surface

Honorary Master
There are, I have realised that the others try to stay as far as possible from their father and his shenanigans, it's Dudu and Edward who seems to be always by his side defending him, I think the two are the ones without much options outside of their father's influence.

Out of all his children I bet most people only knows three names, Dudu, Duduzane's and Edward, that says a lot.
Clever in the sense of self-preservation and perhaps they were as dear to him like Eric to his father. Did anyone have the guts to denounce him though? Even one of verwoerd's son went against him if I recollect.

C4Cat

Honorary Master

10 of his children are still minors I think. One of his children died from lupus

TheChamp

Honorary Master
Clever in the sense of self-preservation and perhaps they were as dear to him like Eric to his father. Did anyone have the guts to denounce him though? Even one of verwoerd's son went against him if I recollect.
I don't know how things are done in other cultures but I wouldn't denounce Zuma if he were my father, the most I would do is to try stay out of his corrupt ways and live my own life. He remains their father regardless of his flaws.

Cutting off people in a sense of not having a close relationship with them is one thing, denouncing your family is another, at least for me.

Cray

Honorary Master
I don't know how things are done in other cultures but I wouldn't denounce Zuma if he were my father, the most I would do is to try stay out of his corrupt ways and live my own life. He remains their father regardless of his flaws.

Cutting off people in a sense of not having a close relationship with them is one thing, denouncing your family is another, at least for me.
That's a good point, even in "Western" culture some people won't condemn close family members publicly, even those that are guilty of murder.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...

In general culture you make a very good point.

The dynamic does change when politics and such get involved, but yes even in that situation in general most family members would generally just stay out of the way and try live their own life as much as possible. If the father's (or close family member's) actions impacted their ability to live a normal life then maybe you would see them stand up and denounce that person and do their best to distance themselves from it.

surface

Honorary Master

No idea really. I seem to have missed people of Zupta's calibre in my family & friend circle. In a hypothetical scenario, maybe I will go along thinking I will get some of the gupta money. Who knows.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master

3WA

Executive Member
You know what I’m realizing, this old man has time. Do you guys think we should send a MYBB delegation to Nkandla for tea? Who wants to join the delegation? I’ll hit Zums up on Twitter to schedule it.

surface

Honorary Master
You know what I’m realizing, this old man has time. Do you guys think we should send a MYBB delegation to Nkandla for tea? Who wants to join the delegation? I’ll hit Zums up on Twitter to schedule it.
My leader - You arrange some fancy cars to get us there and I am in.

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
Can I send 10 suicide bombers in my place......

TheChamp

Honorary Master
Throw in a couple of ladies so that we don't appear too hostile. Anyone has seen @Lindiswa lately, isn't she from there?

grok

Honorary Master

BREAKING | State capture commission wants Jacob Zuma jailed for two years for contempt​

Cowards the lot of them..

Is there no-one in the ANC who can stand up and say but what about the law?

I guess being brave and principled is another one of those western paradigm only things.

3WA

Executive Member
My leader - You arrange some fancy cars to get us there and I am in.

You were my first pick.

Can I send 10 suicide bombers in my place......

You were my second pick, but you realize you’re going to kill the MYBB delegation as well?

Throw in a couple of ladies so that we don't appear too hostile. Anyone has seen @Lindiswa lately, isn't she from there?

You’re just going to turn this into an orgy.