"Januworry"- How's your finances doing?

Januworry - How's your finances doing?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FiestaST

Honorary Master
So for the vast majority of the workforce it's exactly 1 (one) week till pay day, the final stretch after a seemingly never ending January.

The festive season is the season where people splurge & the long gap till pay day in Jan mean for many it can be a rough one.

How are things looking your side?

(Poll closes on pay day)

Pic.jpgSnip.jpg

SAguy

Expert Member
Was going well until my car got broken into at work and now I have to pay R3500 excess ...

SeRpEnT

Expert Member
It's payday for me!!!! Whoop Whoop!!
Needless to say I barely made it to here.

You know money is tight when you use your ebucks to pay for petrol (over on the Ebucks thread they will quickly let you know what a dumb and desperate move that is!).

ArtyLoop

Executive Member
Even though disaster struck on payday in December, setting me back R10k (mother effing car broke down, and it was the clutch and all sorts of things with it), we are making it to payday, but by the skin of our teeth mind you.
Using Capitec's app and the ability to create separate accounts for things has really helped!

Papa Smurf

Honorary Master
I have bux that go off automatically onto my 12month FNB account and this then pays out into my Cheque account every year on 10th January, this year it was R4200 and this helps a bachelor out a lot to see myself to 26th Jan
WhatsApp Image 2019-01-16 at 15.55.22.jpegWhatsApp Image 2019-01-10 at 06.37.09.jpegWhatsApp Image 2019-01-18 at 11.49.45.jpeg

OCP

Expert Member
Even though disaster struck on payday in December, setting me back R10k (mother effing car broke down, and it was the clutch and all sorts of things with it), we are making it to payday, but by the skin of our teeth mind you.
Using Capitec's app and the ability to create separate accounts for things has really helped!
I feel you - mine left on a flatbed to the mechanic shop for a possible engine overhaul after oil pump failure :-(

ArtyLoop

Executive Member
I feel you - mine left on a flatbed to the mechanic shop for a possible engine overhaul after oil pump failure :-(
Eina... Ours was clutch pressure plate failure, and it somehow damaged the crankcase seal, so it was that, flywheel skim, drive shaft seals (which are now leaking and I am annoyed about) and all those things, adds up to R10k

PsYTraNc3

Expert Member
Both mine and the wifes savings untouched.
Done decently well and now FNB decided to screw me over by accidentally canceling my credit card.

koeks525

Expert Member
I had a little change left over to play with after moving to Cape Town.

PaCiFieR

Was going fantastic until my wife wanted be to pay for her airplane ticket and then still "borrow" money from me until pay day.

SeRpEnT

Expert Member
I don't understand... Why not when you get paid in Dec with the bonus or whatnot, budget and put money away for January.

I don't understand how some people spend every penny and then when January comes they don't have any money.
Put money away? :oops: :eek: What heresy is that?

Papa Smurf

Honorary Master
Januworry Solution
The first bank to offer a 'free December bond payment' will be a winner.
ie. There is NO bond deduction on the 27th December. Ever !

This will then allow homeowners some breathing room. Go on holiday, prepare for back to school, etc.

Everyone is happy, including the bank because you still have to make 240 bond payments to the bank, so instead of been in debt for 20yrs you are now in debt for 21yrs and 8 months. Because you have been in debt for longer than the initial 20yrs the bank loves you as they are charging interest for a longer time.

For those that don't want to be in debt for longer than 20yrs can simply make a manual payment into their bond on 27th Dec each year.

Come on bank people out there, anyone listening? :)