"Januworry"- How's your finances doing?

Januworry - How's your finances doing?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

itsme2

Januworry Solution
The first bank to offer a 'free December bond payment' will be a winner.
ie. There is NO bond deduction on the 27th December. Ever !

This will then allow homeowners some breathing room. Go on holiday, prepare for back to school, etc.

Everyone is happy, including the bank because you still have to make 240 bond payments to the bank, so instead of been in debt for 20yrs you are now in debt for 21yrs and 8 months. Because you have been in debt for longer than the initial 20yrs the bank loves you as they are charging interest for a longer time.

For those that don't want to be in debt for longer than 20yrs can simply make a manual payment into their bond on 27th Dec each year.

Come on bank people out there, anyone listening? :)
It's a nice idea, but that's assuming that banks actually care about people, their wellbeing and their happiness, which they don't. In fact, the sooner you default on your property backed money loan, the sooner they get to rob you blind and extract more money from the system. Only bank ads make people believe that these parasites actually have feelings. They don't.

Superman-7

It's a nice idea, but that's assuming that banks actually care about people, their wellbeing and their happiness, which they don't. In fact, the sooner you default on your property backed money loan, the sooner they get to rob you blind and extract more money from the system. Only bank ads make people believe that these parasites actually have feelings. They don't.
I'd rather my bank don't care about my feelings and keep it strictly business. Lifestyle banks like Discovery try to do too much. I know that's not what you meant here, but.. do one thing and do it well. You're a bank ffs.

Deadmanza

Honorary Master
Need to change my answer...
Was doing well until an RTX 2080 X Trio and an i9900k and Asus Maximus Hero XI.

XFlorenceX

It was going well till I under-budgeted my weekend/going out expenses. Which happens consistently each month as I always end up doing more social things with friends (drinks after work for example) than planned. So yeah I had to whip the credit card out for my petrol this week and if I don't get paid before 27th (usually salary pay date), any other expenses are going to be on the credit card. Just thankful my credit card is fully paid up so I can pay back with next salary but still. I hate always under budgeting and never getting it 100% just right.

Papa Smurf

Honorary Master
yes very true
but if the banks did offer December as a free month on your home loan you are just going into debt for a longer time meaning they are earning more money from you in interest.
oh well, we can only dream on

Arzy

Honorary Master
It's over, I guess? Got paid today but its basically all gone already :p

Holidays for the year are booked though and come end Feb I'll be debt free again apart from bond.