JB Iphone4 with 5.0.1?

Wag

Expert Member
Please. Need help. Tried a few times to jailbreak but no success.

It is a Iphone 4 with version 5.0.1(9A405)

Tried Redsnow_win_0.9.9b8 with the following:
iphone 3,1_5.0_9A5313e_Restore.ipsw
iphone 3,1_5.0.1_9A405_Restore.ipsw
iphone 3,1_5.0_9A334_Restore.ipsw
NO LUCK !!!!

Can I jailbreak the phone with the current 5.0.1 and if so what version do I need or is there a alternative (software) way to jailbreak?

Sinbad

Honorary Master
My iPhone 4 on 5.0 jailbroke with redsnow no problem. I haven't upgraded it to 5.0.1 yet. I think the untethered 5.0.1 JB is coming soon - it's been demo'd

Wag

Expert Member
Do not mind if it's tethered or untethered. The phone was also jailbroken with 5.0 and for some reason went into a loop. Was forced to restore via Itunes and now I'm stuck with 5.0.1.

Ipwn 4

Expert Member
I also have a jail broken iPhone 4 with iOS 5, don't think there is a jailbreak for 5.01 yet, and if you haven't taken the proper precautions when backing up your iPhone you won't we able to roll back the update to a jailbreakable version now. If there isn't one yet there will be sure, they haven't had issue developing the tethered jailbreaks.

Don't hold your breath waiting for the un tethered jailbreak, starting to think it might not be possible as they are taking way too long to release it. The demos don't mean much, there have been demos of untethered versions since iOS was in the beta phase.

Wag

Expert Member
Ipwn
Yip, no backup. Seems the only route is the waiting road. Not good.

iampanga

Hey, I'm on 5.0.1 and it can be jailbroken,it uses the A4 chipset and Geohot found a boot exploit in it so it will be (can be) jailbroken on every iOS it can use, use reds0w,point towards the 5.0 ipsw and click jailbreak, should work, if not, what error are you getting? If it get stuck at 'exploiting bootrom' PM me

Nawaaz

Hey, I'm on 5.0.1 and it can be jailbroken,it uses the A4 chipset and Geohot found a boot exploit in it so it will be (can be) jailbroken on every iOS it can use, use reds0w,point towards the 5.0 ipsw and click jailbreak, should work, if not, what error are you getting? If it get stuck at 'exploiting bootrom' PM me

Do it with snowbreeze redsnow never work for me. check the link above step 1 download snowbreeze step 2 download 5.0.1 ipsw than follow steps on snowbreeze it will lead you to do a restore with the new created ipsw by snowbreeze than you have to "just boot" it. snowbreeze creates a application called ibooty wich you jus hav to get into dfu mode and it does the rest for you. I can upload the custom fw if you want

Last edited:

iampanga

Yeah, sn0breeze works, but you have to restore :/ i prefer redsn0w , but it comes down to preference

Wag

Expert Member
One of the errors are "unrecognize build. Fingerprint ................
Thanks anyway

Wag

Expert Member
Do it with snowbreeze redsnow never work for me. check the link above step 1 download redsnow step 2 download 5.0.1 ipsw than follow steps on snowbreeze it will lead you to do a restore with the new created ipsw by snowbreeze than you have to "just boot" it. Redsnow creates a application called ibooty wich you jus hav to get into dfu mode and it does the rest for you. I can upload the custom fw if you want

Sorted, snowbreeze did the trick Thanx a mil.

Bedford

u tethered JB 5.0.1 using the latest redsnow and selecting the 5.0 JB and it works. Im currently have my phone jailbroken using this method

Wag

Expert Member
Bedford thanks, but for some reason it wont work. Tried a few times. Went the snowbreez road and that did the trick.

Skywalker786

Expert Member
I have an iPhone 4 and cannot seem to run a chat programme called Mig33. It downloads etc but will not load. Has anyone here managed to successfully use mig33 on an iPhone?