Jean De Villiers looks like he doesn't even lift.

UsernameLadiesMan217

2zjiziv.png

Sydney+Roosters+Training+Session+7O87kAZDx9cl.jpg

Mortymoose

Honorary Master
how come 80% of Bok supporters could see the failings of the old toppie squad, but those "experts" could'nt?

The Voice

Honorary Master
I thought it may have something to do with height, Jean being 6'2". But then I saw the pic of Etzbeth below: that animal is 6'8" and built like a brick ****house. Yeah, Jean is just a skinny ****er and needs to start klapping it bru.

Electric

Honorary Master
I thought it may have something to do with height, Jean being 6'2". But then I saw the pic of Etzbeth below: that animal is 6'8" and built like a brick ****house. Yeah, Jean is just a skinny ****er and needs to start klapping it bru.

No he needs to retire.

Kilgore_Trout_Redux

Executive Member
1555869_130128211837_22_94.jpg
JdV should be watching the World Cup from the Supersport studio but here is my counterpoint for the strength vs. size discussion.

Kilgore_Trout_Redux

Executive Member
Honiball was a beast. The style of those old springbok jerseys and shorts were to look oversized.

Those jerseys were pure 90's dude.

Creatine junkies running around the pitch with their giant waterlogged muscles don't impress me. Bulk for bulks sake doesn't mean much in most positions on a rugby field.

Honiball was just bone and sinew and he could push start a damn tractor.

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
Can't really compare a photo shoot picture with on-field pics.

Also, McCaw is quite possibly the hardest player in the world - tough as nails, and he's never been massive.

The_Ogre

Honorary Master
Can't really compare a photo shoot picture with on-field pics.

Also, McCaw is quite possibly the hardest player in the world - tough as nails, and he's never been massive.
Also, comparing JdV to Sonny Bill is a bit unfair since Sonny Bill is a professional boxer

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
Also, comparing JdV to Sonny Bill is a bit unfair since Sonny Bill is a professional boxer

Yep, and he just has a different body shape. JdV would look ridiculous if he was buff. Conrad Smith is one of the top (if not the top) centres in the world and he's also scrawny.

Arthur

Honorary Master
Pressure to pump is yet another way in which the professional game is ruining rugby. Used to be a time when the game could accommodate anybody - fatties, scrawnies, pikkies, beanpoles, whatever. If Oupa Jean doesn't lift, it's a plus for him, in my books.