Jeffrey Epstein: US financier 'charged with sex trafficking'

greg0205

Honorary Master
Sometimes folk you follow on twitter tweet or retweet things that make you go, ‘say what now?’

This was a retweet from a history professor. I checked it out to see if it was fake. It isn’t. I took a screenshot...

Anyway, here’s a recent Instagram post of a man who hasn’t been accused of sexual assault by twenty four women, including a thirteen year old. He’s certainly never said, “I just start kissing them, it’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait."

And he’s absolutely, positively never been photographed or caught on video with ‘ol Jeff Epstein.

The groom’s face... The suit on the right’s face...

cerebus

Honorary Master
Hyoid bones crack all the time in suicides in supermax prisons...:rolleyes::unsure:

https://slate.com/technology/2019/08/epstein-broken-hyoid-bone-suicide-murder.html

Epstein’s Broken Hyoid Bone Doesn’t Tell Us Much
It’s still much, much more likely that he died by suicide than that he was murdered.

If a broken hyoid bone was rarely or never associated with death by hanging, then there might be something here. But in the study cited by the Washington Post itself, 25 percent of patients who died by suicidal hanging had broken hyoids. That’s not a small number. Also, the average age of patients with this finding was 61 (Epstein was 66), much older than those in the study without broken hyoids.

I'm still firmly on the side of it being a suicide unless some more compelling evidence presents itself. But the examiner has also decided it's a suicide so unless you've got some major news this case is closed.

Now let's see what happens with those NDAs

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
Facts hurt, don't they?
they sure got Epstein hurt

25 percent of patients who died by suicidal hanging had broken hyoid
how many of those were hanging from a height where they could actually stand up?

the examiner has also decided it's a suicide so unless you've got some major news this case is closed
yeah that is exactly how a cover-up would work though, did you hear the one where the director of the FBI made a gross negligence charge disappear by concluding no reasonable prosecutor would bring the case just before handing it off to the prosecutor who met the guilty party's husband privately days before?

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
That's kinda how hanging works innit
not even close, standing on a chair that you kick away, or jumping tied to a tree or structure taller than yourself that you climbed onto is how hanging works, it ensures that you die regardless of any misgivings you may have while choking to death

if you could easily just put your feet down while having those misgivings ... you will

cerebus

Honorary Master
not even close, standing on a chair that you kick away, or jumping tied to a tree or structure taller than yourself that you climbed onto is how hanging works, it ensures that you die regardless of any misgivings you may have while choking to death

if you could easily just put your feet down while having those misgivings ... you will

Ah I understand what you mean. I've no idea. I suspect the likes of Tim Pool don't either.

cerebus

Honorary Master
you cannot hang yourself if your feet/legs can hold you up.

instinct will kick in and you will stop yourself. it is a fact.

Is it? The medical examiner ruled it a suicide so unless you want to claim that you know more than they do (you don't) or they were in on the whole thing, the case is closed.

Cray

Honorary Master

Yeah not so sure about that...

Apparently Robin Williams killed himself by hanging from a door knob - it's suicide by asphyxiation.

theratman

Honorary Master

Full suspension is not required; most hanging suicides are done by partial suspension, according to Wyatt et al.[21] Geo Stone, author of Suicide and Attempted Suicide: Methods and Consequences, suggests that death by obstruction of the airway is more painful than by the other ways

You can hang yourself without being completely suspended, it's well documented.

The Voice

Honorary Master
Full suspension is not required; most hanging suicides are done by partial suspension, according to Wyatt et al.[21] Geo Stone, author of Suicide and Attempted Suicide: Methods and Consequences, suggests that death by obstruction of the airway is more painful than by the other ways

You can hang yourself without being completely suspended, it's well documented.
The point of hanging is to snap the vertebrae and spinal cord in the neck - it's meant to be instant and painless. There's an actual science behind it with thickness of the rope, weight of the body and the height involved in the drop (note: there has to be a drop for it to be effective). That generally only applies to executions, obviously - suicides are usually always sloppy, and usually drawn out, traumatic and painful. But if it doesn't kill you instantly, I think survival instincts take over when you're choking to death - and you automatically try and save your life.

cerebus

Honorary Master
The point of hanging is to snap the vertebrae and spinal cord in the neck - it's meant to be instant and painless. There's an actual science behind it with thickness of the rope, weight of the body and the height involved in the drop (note: there has to be a drop for it to be effective). That generally only applies to executions, obviously - suicides are usually always sloppy, and usually drawn out, traumatic and painful. But if it doesn't kill you instantly, I think survival instincts take over when you're choking to death - and you automatically try and save your life.

Are you a medical professional?