'Jesus Camp' on Google Video

LoneGunman

Expert Member
For those of you curious about what happens when you unleash
religion at young children - go watch this awesome and fairly frightening
documentary, which was nominated for an Academy Award.

"I can go into a playground of kids that don't know anything about Christianity,
lead them to the Lord in a matter of, just no time at all, and just moments later
they can be seeing visions and hearing the voice of God, because they're so open.
They are so usable in Christianity."

IMDB link: http://imdb.com/title/tt0486358/
Watch it online:
http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=8877708936425212842&q=jesus+camp+duration:long

Last edited:

Debbie

Banned
Hello, earth to lg, in case you forgot, this is south africa, land of the bandwidth free... and also we get capped around this time... :/

ghoti

Karmic Sangoma
Its next on my list, right now I am obtaining Bush Family Fortunes - The Best Democracy Money Can Buy.

Neo

Expert Member
Just finished watching it and I'm still shaken. I'm pretty sure this can be construed child abuse. At the least, these kids are scarred for life.

This is so dark, I'm sure child sacrifice can't be far off. Kids discussing how it's OK to die for Christ. Their mouths being taped up. Children praying to and for a paper cutout of Bush.

The only moment I found amusing was Haggard going on about homos and how he knows what 'you did last night'. He then goes on to tell kids to use the 'child angle' to convert people. "Content will come later", he advises.

Last edited:

Syndyre

Honorary Master
The first 5 minutes was even pretty freaky, I'll definitely watch it properly when I have time.

Freshy-ZN

Executive Member
There went my early night......

Just finished watching it. All I can say is HELP!!!!!

LoneGunman

Expert Member
thought I posted this over in the 'religious' section - if I did and it got moved, I guess some of the crazies there didn't like a dose of truth along with their fiction.. if I didn't post it there, my apologies for the slur :)

re the movie - yeah, its pretty scary, seeing the genuine anguish that these people deliberately inspire in children..a note of positiveness, is that, due to this film, and the widespread negative feedback, the woman responsible for the 'Jesus Camp' - apparently stopped doing the camps..

Syndyre

Honorary Master
That really was a seriously disturbing movie, stopped 10 mins before the end for some reason but I think I got the idea!

Neo

Expert Member
..a note of positiveness, is that, due to this film, and the widespread negative feedback, the woman responsible for the 'Jesus Camp' - apparently stopped doing the camps..
She'll just go underground. When you're that fanatical you're not going to stop.

The other disturbing issue is how they openly admit their mission is to control government.

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
thought I posted this over in the 'religious' section - if I did and it got moved, I guess some of the crazies there didn't like a dose of truth along with their fiction.. if I didn't post it there, my apologies for the slur
Well you guess wrong. Apart from the obvious - what religious section - is there a premise for philosophical debate being contended?

Last edited:

LoneGunman

Expert Member
sorry, didnt mean to paint the philosophical debaters with the same brush as those with odd ideas about socially-approved and socially
accepted giant ghosts who made everything and who watch our every move..
:p

ghoti

Karmic Sangoma
Im busy watching this documentry (got the full length feature), and I am feeling so sick :sick: :sick: :sick:

This is bad.... very bad.... There`s this fat chick shouting at people for not fasting, and making small kids speak "tounges" . Now she is talking how kids need to lay down their lives for the gospels like the muslim kids.

Oh my ......

ghoti

Karmic Sangoma
The pastor on the radio is now saying:

"Why are kids learning about Global Warming?" " Its a waste of time!" "Let them exploit this earth!" "They are only going to be here a short time!"

... Now they are praying over the power point presentations (go Microsoft!) and the microphone :/

... And now the fat chick is swinging a toy lion by the tail, and saying "Now you have a tiger by the tail"... oh... weve just moved on to how evil Harry Potter is, and that "warlocks are an enemy of God", and how anyone who likes the book should be "put to death". Gosh, their God surely does have a lot of enemies he cant deal with.

... Oh look, is the Nestle branded holy water! LOL. Seriously :(

Last edited:

Electrra

It was the third most disturbing thing i have watched after seal clubbing and necklacing.

I am very scared.

LoneGunman

Expert Member
I just hated the way they made/make children feel such anguish and
emotional pain - that's just sick. (Regardless of the 'good reasons' - the
'our lord died for us' angle). Yet I'd imagine this sort of thing is occurring locally
in SA as well, hopefully not as overtly as in the camp in the documentary tho'.

Necuno

Court Jester
religion and state....

...the woman just cooly says "other people are doing, so we are doing it..."
no wrong with indoctrinating of the young !

very disturbing at the least. :/

you can't miss the point that Levi is getting so sucked into that junk and manipulated.

...us or them, convert or die :eek
============

just pity seems only very select few is watching this whole debacle...