Jesus Christ proof: Richard Dawkins in shock ‘archaeological evidence’ claim over Messiah

rambo919

Honorary Master
Serious question, as I cannot see how fresh water fish, some of which rely on very narrow and specific conditions, survived in seawater.

Fine one before I start the day

Can someone help me, if all the world was flooded with sea water, how did freshwater fish survive?
You are working on a number of assumptions:
The oceans existed before the flood
The oceans if they existed were salinated
Fish cannot generationally adapt to slow salination.

With salination specifically currently it is getting saltier, which means that before it was less salty, which means something started the process, which leaves the possibility that once it had no salt.

How did the ark maintain different climates within itself to cater for the various animals specific natural habitats?
You are assuming that before the flood there was more than one climate, that the tilt actually always existed. A comet impact could easily cause the current tilt and introduce climates as well as seasons to which plants and animals started adapting.

How did they keep animals like elephants well exercised?
You got me there

And stars? The world was created in 7 days, 6000 years ago, according to Young Earth Creationists. Given the speed of light and the distance that stars are away from Earth, how do we see some of them, if they were only created 6000 years ago?

If for argument sake the earth was created at the centre of the universe and then the universe was literally stretched away from it uni-directionally then the light would remain even though the stars had moved. Also if you so drastically stretch universal mass(EDIT: def wrong term now that I think about it) space then time has to be stretched as well effectively aging everything the entire universe.... by billions of years. Because you can't stretch space without also stretching time.

Which makes me wonder... does the continued stretching actually create the flow of time?

Last edited:

Lucas Buck

Executive Member
It's the Express. I curse you and the OP to eternal damnation in hell because now Google will now start feed me Express articles henceforth....because you made me click on that link

"The real meaning of enlightenment is to gaze with undimmed eyes on all darkness "

I'm humbled to have helped set you on your path.

FrankCastle

Executive Member
Can someone help me, if all the world was flooded with sea water, how did freshwater fish survive?

How did the ark maintain different climates within itself to cater for the various animals specific natural habitats?

How did they keep animals like elephants well exercised?

And stars? The world was created in 7 days, 6000 years ago, according to Young Earth Creationists. Given the speed of light and the distance that stars are away from Earth, how do we see some of them, if they were only created 6000 years ago?
Forget the geological problems. How about the basic physics and logistics of ship building. Why didn't Noah impart his vast knowledge of building an enormous vessel so by the time Jesus came he couldn't sailed on a Titanic sized ocean fairer and spread the word.

And here we run into our very first problem: simply gathering enough wood to build the boat. When another notoriously large ship (that was purportedly only a fraction of the Ark's size), the Great Michael, was built in 1511, it was said to have taken "all the woods of Fife" (a county in Scotland famous for its shipbuilding), as well as having to import wood from France, other areas in the Baltic sea, and cargo ships scrapped for use in its construction. The Wyoming, the largest wooden ship ever built, used 3100 tons wood and 300 tons metal.[5] A ship of Noah's size would have required tens of thousands of trees (and on top of that, high quality timber trees) to be cut for its construction, something that is not exactly feasible considering the Ark was probably built somewhere in what is modern day Iraq, which as anyone can tell you has never exactly been known for its thick abundant forests.[6]
Even if Noah could acquire the impossible amount of wood needed to construct it, however, we run into further problems. The Ark would have been a sizeable fraction of the size of an aircraft carrier or a battleship, and a wooden boat that size would have been too leaky and flexible to withstand the stresses of global flood conditions. The largest wooden ship which was definitely built was the schooner Wyoming at 330ft on deck with a total length of 450ft, and she required both diagonal iron braces for support and constant use of mechanical pumps to stop her hull flooding. While it is claimed that some Chinese treasure galleons were 400-650ft long, there is little actual evidence of this, and these ships also required iron-braced keels. Since the Bible does not list any metal components, Creationists will tend to argue that the mysterious "gopher wood" must have had properties more akin to structural steel in a bit of circular reasoning that tries to fit what we know about the problems with large wooden ships and their a priori assumption that the bible can't possibly be wrong.[7] Invoking what is simply a Goddidit escape hatch then simply raises the question of why Noah had to build the ark in the first place.
Noah's Ark, had it existed, would hold the record for the longest all-wooden ship, and yet Young Earth Creationists believe it happened in 2348 BCE.

The_Techie

Resident Techie
If for argument sake the earth was created at the centre of the universe and then the universe was literally stretched away from it uni-directionally then the light would remain even though the stars had moved. Also if you so drastically stretch universal mass then time has to be stretched as well effectively aging everything the entire universe.... by billions of years.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
Nah, Double face palms are not sufficient.. .

This is closer to the mark :
tenor.gif

rambo919

Honorary Master
Changed mass to to space, technical error.

But other than pointing and laughing is there any actual critisism worth responding to other than "stupidhead stupidhead"?

Scary_Turtle

Expert Member
I love these threads you actually get some real laugh out load moments ;) and then the religious folks start calling people idiots, poephols, dumb, dumbass and are ok with slavery ...... class act !

Not against what you believe in or anything :rolleyes:.

Now we must all drop everything pick up the bible join and the "enlightened" as they have a proven how great having God in your life can be ....... guess according to your own rules Ill see you guys in hell.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
Changed mass to to space, technical error.

But other than pointing and laughing is there any actual critisism worth responding to other than "stupidhead stupidhead"?

I think "stupidhead stupidhead" pretty much covers it, don't need anything else really.

noxibox

Honorary Master
Yahweh , can see all things , and the future( according to the not so Holy Book ) , why did he just stop the sinners from the start .
He knew Eve would eat the apple , since He loves everyone so much he could have stopped all this sin right there

We could all be running naked in paradise . :)
The Jewish interpretation is that it was intended to happen exactly as it did. Which makes sense since an all-knowing god would know exactly what the creatures he created would do. It does the raise the question of why create creatures and then have them refined through living, some even needing to be refined further in a place called hell (before they ultimately go on to the place called heaven), rather than simply creating them in the refined state? I suppose it could be like a child watching a toy train go round a track. They know exactly what it will do and where it will end up, but there is some fun in watching it happen. It could be a childlike being.

however, despite having created everything out of nothing, he somehow misjudged that week's project and ran out of material to create the woman - resultantly, having to borrow a rib from the man to complete the woman.
Luckily it was put back otherwise men would be missing a rib.

HE could have, but HE did not.
HE gave us free will (the ability to choose).
Actions have consequences.
The free will argument is questionable. It always will be. Even if humans have free will, something that cannot be proved, and not having it would feel exactly the same as having it, it's existence doesn't obviate the ability to know everything.

You clearly have a problem with authority.
It's smart to be sceptical of authority. In this case though the authority to be sceptical of is the human created religions and the claims they make, rather than the deity they claim to know all about. Judaism, Christianity and Islam all hypothetically follow the same entity yet the religions are very different and fundamentally incompatible in their conceptions of that entity. At least two of them are presumably wrong, but they could easily all be wrong. Mere inventions of humans. Maybe a genuine belief, maybe an attempt to lend authority to rules created by the elite. Or maybe everything in all the religions is exactly as provided by the entity and interpreted as intended. All religions could be nonsense and this deity is trying all means to let everyone know. Dawkins could be, ironically enough, doing exactly what this god intended him to do. No-one can know for sure.

Your opinion of GOD is rather pathetic - do you really think that GOD values your little opinion of HIM.
Who knows. No-one truly knows or can truly know anything about this entity. It is only arrogance that leads some people to believe otherwise.

EADC

Executive Member
So when the christian god decides to genocide the world do the other gods just say cool? do they vote on it? do only the Christians get genocided?

rietrot

Honorary Master
So when the christian god decides to genocide the world do the other gods just say cool? do they vote on it? do only the Christians get genocided?
Everyone gets genocided. Might makes right. The Creator can also destroy if He wants.

Splinter

Honorary Master
Sorry folks, just caught wind of this thread now and have only managed to skim through this far.

Did @Ponderer respond to those who challenged him about having read any of Dawkins books?