Jiba can return to NPA after court finds misconduct 'not established' [UPDATE] Nomgcobo Jiba, Lawrence Mrwebi must go, says Yvonne Mokgoro

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Great outcomes....thank goodness President Ramaphosa established this Enquiry.
So far the outcome is not complete... Only once Cyril fires them... and hopefully that happens relatively quickly (before the elections would be a nice little market in my opinion)

And the Enquiry was just another rubber stamp on what was already decided by the courts by and large from what I can tell.... Its a pity that hoops have to be jumped through to get rid of people like these 2.

Sneeky

Honorary Master
I heard on the radio that the Pres has asked them to submit reasons to him why they should not be fired or something to that effect. I expect it is due process and he will boot them soon after.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
I heard on the radio that the Pres has asked them to submit reasons to him why they should not be fired or something to that effect. I expect it is due process and he will boot them soon after.
At some point in their careers, they may have been asked why they should be hired. Now they're being asked for reasons why they shouldn't be fired. :D

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
The representations were to have been submitted to Cyril by the 16th of April 2019 from both of them...

dlk001

Executive Member
So far the outcome is not complete... Only once Cyril fires them... and hopefully that happens relatively quickly (before the elections would be a nice little market in my opinion)

And the Enquiry was just another rubber stamp on what was already decided by the courts by and large from what I can tell.... Its a pity that hoops have to be jumped through to get rid of people like these 2.
Yes, not complete but good steps. Suspend them pending the outcomes of the enquiry. Now I expect him to fire them. They will soon join Moyane.

TysonRoux

Expert Member
Yes, not complete but good steps. Suspend them pending the outcomes of the enquiry. Now I expect him to fire them. They will soon join Moyane.
Wonder if these dirty ANC cadres have enjoyed full pay for the duration of their suspension, as is typical for these corrupt cnuts.

schumi

Honorary Master
Mokgoro inquiry: 10 damning findings against Nomgcobo Jiba & Lawrence Mrwebi

s the Mokgoro inquiry report the final nail in the coffin for National Prosecuting Authority's (NPA) advocates Nomgcobo Jiba and Lawrence Mrwebi?
President Cyril Ramaphosa has yet to announce his decision on whether to fire Jiba and Mrwebi, currently suspended from the NPA, but the leaked report from the inquiry may force his hand.
In a scathing report, retired Constitutional Court justice Yvonne Mokgoro recommended that Ramaphosa sack the two advocates.
Here are 10 crucial points from the report you need to know:
1. Jiba wasn't frank under oath
Mokgoro considered whether Jiba - in her capacity as Deputy National Director of Public Prosecutions/Acting National Director of Public Prosecutions - had complied with legislation, including the Constitution, the NPA Act and any other relevant laws in her capacity as a senior leader in the NPA.
She also considered whether Jiba was fit and proper to hold this position and be a member of the prosecutorial service.
According to Mokgoro, the evidence shows that Jiba has not been frank when engaging under oath with the Court in the Freedom Under Law matter.
"Further evidence led before the inquiry showed that she had not been frank in her affidavit before the Courts in the [General Council of the Bar High Court] matter and GCB SCA matter either, making general proposition regarding the functioning of the NPA knowing full well that that process had not been followed in the specific matters which she was called upon to account for."
2. Jiba didn't act in the spirit of the NPA Act
The report says Jiba's conduct in multiple instances indicates a "lack of conscientiousness". The Mokgoro inquiry report has also found that her actions were not in line with the requirements set out under section 9(1) of the NPA Act.
3. Jiba compromised the NPA's independence
The report says with regard to the prosecution of [former KZN Hawks boss Johan] Booysen, the evidence establishes that she allowed and, in fact, compromised the independence of the NPA.
While testifying before the inquiry Booysen maintained that Jiba used insufficient evidence to charge him.
4. Jiba failed to properly exercise her discretion
More at: https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/...gainst-nomgcobo-jiba-lawrence-mrwebi-20190425