Jiba can return to NPA after court finds misconduct 'not established' [UPDATE] Nomgcobo Jiba, Lawrence Mrwebi must go, says Yvonne Mokgoro

Sneeky

Honorary Master
Jiba said it was "inimical to prosecutorial independence to impugn my decision to authorise the prosecution of Colonel [former KZN Hawks boss Johan Booysen in circumstances where he must answer for the murder of more than twenty (20) black suspects.
"I point out the race of the suspects because I know that if the roles were reversed and a black policeman had overseen the murder of over twenty (20) white suspects, I would be regarded as a heroine for prosecuting such an accused."
She said whatever the inquiry and the President’s conclusions are on her decision as a prosecutor regarding the Booysen matter, there were over twenty families in the Cato Manor whose children were gunned down in police raids that must still be explained to the public through our court system.
"The blood of those killed in these raids will continue to seek justice until Booysen takes the stand to explain his role.
https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/...its-findings-have-been-unfair-to-her-20190426

TysonRoux

Expert Member
Dirty Zupta mattress.

Jiba wants to stay in government as she opposes her NPA dismissal

Jiba said she can assure Ramaphosa she will not be stripped, by executive stealth and fiat, of her right to serve her country, which is her calling.

Axed former prosecutions boss Nomgcobo Jiba says she will challenge President Cyril Ramaphosa's position that she is disqualified for serving in any other position within government.

It's emerged that in her representations to the Mokgoro Commission Report, Jiba asked to be posted to a senior position in government.

The president denied the report saying Jiba lacked the qualities required of public servants.

A stoic Jiba said in a statement, she can assure Ramaphosa she will not be stripped, by executive stealth and fiat, of her right to serve her country, which is her calling.

She said Ramaphosa’s decision to declare her a prohibited public servant, will not stand judicial scrutiny, however it’s unclear which government department she believes will hire her.