Jiba can return to NPA after court finds misconduct 'not established' [UPDATE] Nomgcobo Jiba, Lawrence Mrwebi must go, says Yvonne Mokgoro

Sneeky

Honorary Master
Jiba said it was "inimical to prosecutorial independence to impugn my decision to authorise the prosecution of Colonel [former KZN Hawks boss Johan Booysen in circumstances where he must answer for the murder of more than twenty (20) black suspects.
"I point out the race of the suspects because I know that if the roles were reversed and a black policeman had overseen the murder of over twenty (20) white suspects, I would be regarded as a heroine for prosecuting such an accused."
She said whatever the inquiry and the President’s conclusions are on her decision as a prosecutor regarding the Booysen matter, there were over twenty families in the Cato Manor whose children were gunned down in police raids that must still be explained to the public through our court system.
"The blood of those killed in these raids will continue to seek justice until Booysen takes the stand to explain his role.
https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/jiba-to-challenge-mokgoro-inquiry-report-says-its-findings-have-been-unfair-to-her-20190426

TysonRoux

Expert Member
Dirty Zupta mattress.

Jiba wants to stay in government as she opposes her NPA dismissal

Jiba said she can assure Ramaphosa she will not be stripped, by executive stealth and fiat, of her right to serve her country, which is her calling.

Axed former prosecutions boss Nomgcobo Jiba says she will challenge President Cyril Ramaphosa's position that she is disqualified for serving in any other position within government.

It's emerged that in her representations to the Mokgoro Commission Report, Jiba asked to be posted to a senior position in government.

The president denied the report saying Jiba lacked the qualities required of public servants.

A stoic Jiba said in a statement, she can assure Ramaphosa she will not be stripped, by executive stealth and fiat, of her right to serve her country, which is her calling.

She said Ramaphosa’s decision to declare her a prohibited public servant, will not stand judicial scrutiny, however it’s unclear which government department she believes will hire her.

surface

Executive Member
https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/judgment-day-for-jiba-mrwebi-matter-in-concourt-20190627

Judgment is expected to be handed down in the Constitutional Court in an application aimed at having axed deputy prosecutions boss Nomgcobo Jiba and her colleague, Lawrence Mrwebi, struck from the roll of advocates.

Brought by the General Council of the Bar of South Africa (GCB), it initially succeeded in its application before the Gauteng High Court in Pretoria, but lost when the axed advocates took the matter to the Supreme Court of Appeal (SCA). Now the GCB wants to take the matter further, but needs the go-ahead from the Constitutional Court.

R13...

Honorary Master
See the GCB lost of an technicality so Jiba and Mrwebi are free to practice as advocates

3WA

Executive Member
See the GCB lost of an technicality so Jiba and Mrwebi are free to practice as advocates
What kind of bitch-assed law society loses on a technicality? They're supposed to be the finest of legal minds.

surface

Executive Member

yebocan

Executive Member
I predict that this is going to be one of Zuma's sayings in Zondo commission. Justice, I am black man and I am being targeted because of my race & gender. Justice Zondo will probably order a mirror to look at himself again. :p
He is a high roller Victim Card player...would not expect anything else from the @$&%^(^)(^%(%T^)

TysonRoux

Expert Member
Johan Booysen should be entitled to state funds to go after damages from Jiba.

Racketeering charges withdrawn against former Hawks head Johan Booysen

NPA boss Shamila Batohi has withdrawn racketeering charges against former KZN Hawks boss Johan Booysen and his 26 co-accused.

The charges against the Cato Manor organised crime unit were authorised by Nomgcobo Jiba and former NPA boss Shaun Abrahams in August 2012 and February 2016 respectively.

The withdrawal of charges by Batohi comes after a review panel – tasked with deciding “what the NPA position will be in the litigation” – found that authorisation of the charges was invalid.

“The unanimous conclusion of the panel is that ‘in respect of the authorisations a proper case was not made out on the papers presented’,” a statement by the NPA read.

“The panel has recommended that the authorisations, of both Adv Jiba and Adv Abrahams, are invalid. After a careful consideration of the report and other relevant material, and a discussion with the panel, the NDPP has decided that the said authorisations are invalid.”

TysonRoux

Expert Member
The Zupta crony still trying her luck.

NOMGCOBO JIBA IN NEW BID TO GET HER JOB BACK

Fired deputy prosecutions boss Nomgcobo Jiba has launched a fresh bid to get her job back and is taking on President Cyril Ramaphosa, Parliament and new National Director of Public Prosecutions Shamila Batohi.

The president axed Jiba in April based on the findings and recommendations of the inquiry led by retired Constitutional Court justice Yvonne Mokgoro.

Mokgoro found Jiba neither fit nor proper to hold her position at the NPA because she lacked the requisite honesty and integrity.

Jiba wants the courts to declare that Ramaphosa acted unlawfully when he appointed the Mokgoro inquiry.

She is also challenging certain provisions of the NPA act which empowered the president to act against her.

But until that application can be heard, the advocate wants Ramaphosa and Batohi to re-instate her as a deputy NDPP with the full benefits that come with the position.