JMPD recording Name and ID No at road block - "Not a Fine"

walterl

Expert Member
First time it's happened to me, and I get pulled over about once a week at road blocks.
What car do you drive? I encounter roadblocks almost daily but almost never get stopped....am I just lucky?

eg2505

Honorary Master
What car do you drive? I encounter roadblocks almost daily but almost never get stopped....am I just lucky?
OP, must drive a BMW or VW as those are high risk cars.
and get hijacked very often.

Sepeng

Expert Member
I think I agree with the principal - have a record of every person (or car) that is stopped, whether a fine was issued. Would help if you want to report dodgy behaviour later on, there'd be a record of your presence there. Right now it's a bit open to abuse though.
But yes I've had this happen to me as well.

ArtyLoop

Executive Member
Ah those wonderful *** called the METRO POLICE.
Still at it with their stupid bribe-blocks and harassment of average Joes.

LCBXX

Honorary Master
I ad-hoc ask people, who want my particulars, "Can you explain to me how you will ensure my personal information is protected?". 99% of the time the question is met with a stroke-face. The other 1% of the time, like at the British visa application centre, you get some long-winded explanation that aims to baffle you with BS.

ArtyLoop

Executive Member
I ad-hoc ask people, who want my particulars, "Can you explain to me how you will ensure my personal information is protected?". 99% of the time the question is met with a stroke-face. The other 1% of the time, like at the British visa application centre, you get some long-winded explanation that aims to baffle you with BS.
True story that...

eg2505

Honorary Master
A blue Subaru Forrester.
not high risk at all, not a STI or something fast,
maybe they thought you looked suspicious? and decided to pull you over,

Ive been stopped once or twice for looking like a drug dealer...

weird they asked for your ID number, must be for etolls or something else,
as usually they might stop you, check your disk, and wave you on.

Colin62

Executive Member
ID book? Can you even read?
not everybody has a smart ID card.
So that’s a No then is it?

OP is in Jo’burg. eg couldn’t see that and assumed Cape Town.
OP handed over his drivers license. eg hallucinated and decided he’d handed over his ID book
Someone points this out. eg starts rambling on about ID cards.

If you’re going to comment, just ready the bloody thread first. Or even the first post. Read something. Anything.