JMPD recording Name and ID No at road block - "Not a Fine"

creeper

Expert Member
Actually no, let me tell you a little story...
Before I left that GP shytehole for the Western Cape I was harassed by these a-grade P.O.S.

So my licence disk was one day past expiry... I was actually going to have it done at month end.
So this McDonalds addicted METRO POLICE officer proceeds to radio her chums up the road who are harassing other motorists, to check if my license has been renewed etc.. Which of course it hasn't been yet.

She lets me go and says "Hau eish... system is offline"

This happened three times.

I think their database systems are so farked up the creek they cannot really trust the data.
You have 21 days grace on expired car licence. ;)

The funniest incident was paying pulled over and my drivers licence was expiring the next day.

Splinter

Honorary Master
So that’s a No then is it?

OP is in Jo’burg. eg couldn’t see that and assumed Cape Town.
OP handed over his drivers license. eg hallucinated and decided he’d handed over his ID book
Someone points this out. eg starts rambling on about ID cards.

If you’re going to comment, just ready the bloody thread first. Or even the first post. Read something. Anything.
:crylaugh:

However, laughter aside, I thoroughly endorse this.

Splinter

Honorary Master
I don't know the history here but I can also assure you I have an almost automatic hatred for that vehicle. Because its an expensive P.O.S. that needs a solid motorplan to cover its weak alloy cylinder heads but more than that, its a car, driven mainly by douchebags and road hogs.
Oi - I drive a BMW...

Don't hurt me feelings like that.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
:)

Ag, I take it with a pinch of salt. it's just one of those stereotypes out there
Yeah I know.. but its just easier to watch the people ranting have the wind taken out of their sails with the "Youre just jealous because you can't afford one" response....

Last edited:

ArtyLoop

Executive Member
And then people wonder why, if you turn a picture of a BMW 530d, 180 degrees it gives you an Afrikaans slang word that accurately describes the average owner of the BMW 530d

A car is a car, but a BMW seems to be a license to drive like an arse, and it looks shyte, so those are my reasons.

Splinter

Honorary Master
And then people wonder why, if you turn a picture of a BMW 530d, 180 degrees it gives you an Afrikaans slang word that accurately describes the average owner of the BMW 530d

A car is a car, but a BMW seems to be a license to drive like an arse, and it looks shyte, so those are my reasons.
Well, if you save up enough, you too can get one (with associated licence).

ArtyLoop

Executive Member
Well, if you save up enough, you too can get one (with associated licence).
No thank you I'd rather take the Mercedes. No need to save up. I rather spend my money on things such as education, upskilling myself and the like. The car is paid for at the moment, prefer to keep it that way

Splinter

Honorary Master
No thank you I'd rather take the Mercedes. No need to save up. I rather spend my money on things such as education, upskilling myself and the like. The car is paid for at the moment, prefer to keep it that way
Been there, done that, paid that, enjoying it.

thechamp

Honorary Master
A colleague got some a copy that shows he was stopped a while ago, they had some receipt type book where the record your details and give you a copy.

Pitbull

Verboten
That's because you don't own a car?
No I do. I guess I just never look the part. You know there is always that one guy in front of you that gets waved on and you get pulled over? I'm that guy in front :D

FiestaST

Honorary Master
No I do. I guess I just never look the part. You know there is always that one guy in front of you that gets waved on and you get pulled over? I'm that guy in front :D
Are you or do you look like an intimidating fellow by any chance?