Joburg man accused of killing car guard over two missing bags

schumi

Honorary Master
A man is set to appear in the Johannesburg Magistrate's Court on Monday for allegedly killing a car guard after he noticed items were missing from his vehicle, police said.

The man, 25, had parked his Silver Toyota Yaris on the corner of Rissik and Pritchard Streets on Tuesday evening to buy food at McDonalds, Johannesburg Central police spokesperson, Captain Xoli Mbele, said on Sunday.

When he returned to the vehicle, he realised two bags were missing.

The bags contained his ID book, Matric certificate and toiletries.

Mbele said the man apparently then questioned the 26-year-old car guard about his bags and they got into a fight.

He allegedly assaulted the guard with his fists before driving off.
More at: https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/...ling-car-guard-over-two-missing-bags-20180812 (Autoplaying advert)

R13...

Honorary Master
Did he get the bags?
Doubt it. A friend was telling me how they took his stuff in Turffontein and even though they were able to locate and nab the perp within hours he was only able to retrieve some of his stuff. The laptop disappeared and in the perp's stash house he showed me a pic of vehicle keys (the thief had all sorts of keys in there including an Aston Martin's key).

ForceFate

Executive Member
Doubt it. A friend was telling me how they took his stuff in Turffontein and even though they were able to locate and nab the perp within hours he was only able to retrieve some of his stuff. The laptop disappeared and in the perp's stash house he showed me a pic of vehicle keys (the thief had all sorts of keys in there including an Aston Martin's key).
:wtf:

R13...

Honorary Master
I imagine in addition to remote blocking he moonlights as a housebreaker. I know they often take spare keys during break-ins. I drive with no spare key because the ****ers took the spare in a break-in some time back and the cost of replacing the locks was too high (yeah had insurance but decided not to claim). I just had the key recoded, I know they can still open it with the spare if they somehow found me but I'm not too worried as I moved cities between then and now.

Must say I found it amazing that a merc can be blocked with a gate remote. The good thing is the guy was arrested and the cops are hopefully smart enough to take the keys to dealerships, as these modern ones contain owner info, so more charges can be piled on the and the perp goes to jail for a long time and then deported (he's from Zim).

Last edited:

ForceFate

Executive Member
I imagine in addition to remote blocking he moonlights as a housebreaker. I know they often take spare keys during break-ins. I drive with no spare key because the ****ers took the spare in a break-in some time back and the cost of replacing the locks was too high (yeah had insurance but decided not to claim). I just had the key recoded, I know they can still open it with the spare if they somehow found me but I'm not too worried as I moved cities between then and now.

Must say I found it amazing that a merc can be blocked with a gate remote. The good thing is the guy was arrested and the cops are hopefully smart enough to take the keys to dealerships, as these modern ones contain owner info, so more charges can be piled on the and the perp goes to jail for a long time and then deported (he's from Zim).
Lucky they didn't return for the car.

Modern common thief is tech-savvy. Most may not understand the physics but they sure understand the effect.