- Apr 4, 2014
See hidden discussions | Win great prizes | Get free support
Rode my mountainbike under so high voltage power lines the other day. It induced a current in my seat's rails, which when my thighs touched it, gave me a bit of a shock. It felt like a needle pricking my skin. Quite an interesting experience.
Harmful? I wouldn't want to live near the high power lines.
When I walk on a carpet and touch something metallic it gives me a shock. Harmful? Not sure but I'm considering getting rid of my carpets.
I have other things that also generate a charge in metallic conductors and considering getting rid of them also.
Tesla is a magician and transformers (which rely on electromagnetic induction) is black magic that causes cancer.
38.5% of the population get cancer and they have all been exposed to transformers. It confirms the theory.
I remember Richard Hammond sticking a fluorescent light into the ground underneath high voltage power lines, and it switched on.
Cannot find the clip now, but here is an example.
There's a solution to this - all people like yourself get to live under HTs at a discount while people like him can live elsewhere.