Joburg suburbs suffer power outage

Creag

The Boar's Rock
The first serious rains and the lines crash. Eish. The traffic lights tomorrow are going to be a nightmare.

biometrics

Honorary Master
The first serious rains and the lines crash. Eish. The traffic lights tomorrow are going to be a nightmare.

Why? We get lots of rain in Cape Town but it doesn't mess up the traffic lights.

genetic

Honorary Master
Why? We get lots of rain in Cape Town but it doesn't mess up the traffic lights.

:erm: it does!

Don't know where you stay, but after some heavy rains, lights are out at Racecource and Marine Drive, Boundary and Marine Drive and on Koeberg... I don't know about other locations, but that's the routes I take to work....

Having said that, they are repaired very quickly.

genetic

Honorary Master
I think lightning plays a bigger factor in Gauteng than the rain itself...

biometrics

Honorary Master
:erm: it does!

Don't know where you stay, but after some heavy rains, lights are out at Racecource and Marine Drive, Boundary and Marine Drive and on Koeberg... I don't know about other locations, but that's the routes I take to work....

Having said that, they are repaired very quickly.

Drove from Melkbos to town everyday from 2006 to 2012. Hardly had an issue.

Recruitsmiths

North also...Halfway House without power from 6 - 9pm
Earlier during the day drove 40km, at least a dozen robots out!

DJ...

Banned
And there's rain forecast for tomorrow morning as well. Traffic will be horrendous in all likelihood...

Venomous

Honorary Master
Apparently the Northern traffic is delicious.

Not.

Rather leave home a lil later if you can, to avoid traffic.

Aquila ka Hecate

Executive Member
Apparently the Northern traffic is delicious.

Not.

Rather leave home a lil later if you can, to avoid traffic.

Roads strangely empty when we left at usual time of 5:45
Probably everyone thinking they'll leave a bit later.:)

Hamster

Resident Rodent
heh heh... I only just changed out of my PJ's....

I'm still sitting on the j....bar stool at my breakfast counter :p

BUT! I fekking hate the north's traffic so much I cannot wait to move (pity the complexes here are so good :( )

siraman

Expert Member
Seriously,in the 12 yrs I spent in Jo'burg(up to 2005 Dec) I remember only 3 power failures,1 Ormonde and 2 Midrand.Just seems to me judging from some press reports like they are happening frequently...are we going downhill?

The_Unbeliever

Honorary Master
:mad: Should've followed my own advice and camped out at work...

First traffic on Meiring Naude was backed up (going towards the N1 from the Botanical Gardens).

Then the highway was solid.

Went the back route (Lois Ave behind Menlyn Park), got stuck again on Hans Strydom :mad:

FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU :mad:

RichardG

Honorary Master
I am just very fortunate to be staying around the corner from hospital. lights always have to be up but during load-shedding times yes we experienced a lot of planned outages. The only problem I have had is whereby I am the only house without any power and when the contractors were replacing the stolen cable, they discovered that my cable was loose but I didn't like how they did the job cause every time lightning strikes my board trips.

I think that the infrastructure they have in place is outdated, lack maintenance etc.