Joe Biden defeats Trump to win US election

Status
Not open for further replies.

rambo919

Honorary Master
Yes... Biden will be the winner. He IS the winner. Everyone knows this.
Sound rather religious if you put it that way.... his appointment has been pre-decided so we should act as if he is already appointed and damn the foul heretics that disagree and want to actually follow the letter of the law.....

I am not saying he won't win, I am just saying he has not officially won anything yet and it's actually technically illegal for him to act in the capacity of president-elect..... two completely different things. I forget the specific law he is currently breaking.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Sound rather religious if you put it that way.... his appointment has been pre-decided so we should act as if he is already appointed and damn the foul heretics that disagree and want to actually follow the letter of the law.....

I am not saying he won't win, I am just saying he has not officially won anything yet and it's actually technically illegal for him to act in the capacity of president-elect..... two completely different things. I forget the specific law he is currently breaking.
The election isn't some kind of schrodinger's cat experiment where the result is indeterminate until someone officially announces it. There is a window into the box, you can actually see the cat. It's moving around and meowing, despite trump trying to introduce poison gas after the fact.

LCBXX

Honorary Master
Yes... Biden will be the winner. He IS the winner. Everyone knows this.
I don't know for certain, TBH. The noose found in Bubba Wallace's garage was a hate crime and I thought I knew what happened to Jussie Smollet...

rambo919

Honorary Master
The election isn't some kind of schrodinger's cat experiment where the result is indeterminate until someone officially announces it. There is a window into the box, you can actually see the cat.
Wrong analogy, it's a kind of race. Only once all runners have crossed the finish line and all penalties and so on have been taken into consideration does anyone win..... the guy that breaks the ribbon does not in fact automatically win and it does not occur at the point where he breaks the ribbon.

This is real life not some childrens game.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Wrong analogy, it's a kind of race. Only once all runners have crossed the finish line and all penalties and so on have been taken into consideration does anyone win..... the guy that breaks the ribbon does not in fact automatically win and it does not occur at the point where he breaks the ribbon.

Tell that to your demigod when he declared victory with half the votes counted.

rambo919

Honorary Master
Tell that to your demigod when he declared victory with half the votes counted.
You seem to have missed the various posts where I called both of them equally hypocritical..... what emotional need exactly does calling people trump worshipers fill in you because it's rather strange to me that someone would think anyone does that..... especially in SA

Cray

Honorary Master

Correct, and this conspiracy theory sh*te is going to cause all sorts of issues with the transfer of power. Sure, he can hold out but by not allowing Biden to access classified intelligence briefings he is potentially endangering the nation on the minuscule chance that he will somehow get thousands of votes swung his way in multiple states...

He doesn't have to concede but at the very least he should accept the very high probability that he is not going to win and allow the incoming administration to prepare to take over with a minimum of issues, you know like every other outgoing administration has done?

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Correct, and this conspiracy theory sh*te is going to cause all sorts of issues with the transfer of power. Sure, he can hold out but by not allowing Biden to access classified intelligence briefings he is potentially endangering the nation on the minuscule chance that he will somehow get thousands of votes swung his way in multiple states...

He doesn't have to concede but at the very least he should accept the very high probability that he is not going to win and allow the incoming administration to prepare to take over with a minimum of issues, you know like every other outgoing administration has done?
Apart from the guys who stole all the "W"s on all the keyboards in the white house...
But I'd just call that an epic troll, not active sabotage.

Nerfherder

Honorary Master
In all honesty, I believe that Trump knows he has lost.
But ............ he has started campaigning for the next election.

Alot of the Trump supporters are normal people, alot are thicker than pig doodoo.

If Trump can convince them that Biden and Harris are somehow illegitimates, the job of the next election is somewhat easier.
For example, look how many times Trump has tweeted BS, but the supporters believe it.
Here in the US, right now, COVID is considered a minor irritation by Republican governors.

Before Trump came into office, the enemy de jour was the Mexicans (that being ANY Hispanic person).
The COVID gave him the Kung Flu enemy.
Then it was immigrants, the illegal ones, but the H, J and O visas were all put on hold - to stop ILLEGALS?
Now its Biden.

People like to have someone that they channel their ire and anger toward, to blame when things go wrong. Oddly, in SA, its the white minority - me, and in the US its those Mexican (immigrants) - me again. Hmm, great to be noticed.

Trump, like Zuma, is a populist.
He speaks to a portion of a population thats quite rural, who dont particularly accept diversity and have a narrative of arrogance - "be reasonable and lets only see my point of view".

I also believe that Biden won, not because of Biden, but because many more apathetic voters are tired of these very silly games and rhetoric from Trump. America First (America alone) policy. (Trump is an extremist and on the other end you have fruit cakes like Bernie Saunders. ) A vote for Biden was in fact a vote against Trump.

I also believe that a. There are some really solid folks in the Republican camp and b. Biden is a moderate Democrat who will do some really good things for the USA.

In my case, because Trump stopped all (legal) H and J visa applications to stem the influx of ILLEGALS (??) - I may well have to give up my bid to live in work in the USA, because I have just run out of time for the process.
I suppose, I he saw me as a Mexican who was in the wall climbing business?

Anyway ............... lets what happens when the reality sinks in ......... the race is over. Its done.

I think you are correct there. He already stepped into a economy that was growing after Obama and claimed that as his own victory. Now he has stuffed everything up and when things start tanking he will blame it on Biden.
This will 100% as if you speak to people know they tell you how strong the economy was even in the first year of Trump.

Some data: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-45827430

rambo919

Honorary Master

And conversely if it's all true that foreign governments have Biden in their pocket he might be endangering national security by allowing access. This is not so cut and dry and simply calling everything conspiracy theories stopped being an effective argument strategy years ago because it got so absolutely abused.

It's not even logical to use it as an argument because terrorists flying planes into a building is a conspiracy theory, russia disrupting elections is a conspiracy theory, china colonizing africa is a conspiracy theory, isis/dash is a conspiracy theory, trump/biden stealing elections is a conspiracy theory, everything ends up eventually being able to be called a conspiracy theory.

TysonRoux

Honorary Master

Trump is in the midst of a ‘temper tantrum’ with his ‘I WON THE ELECTION’ tweet​

trump-unhinged-rant-2-768x413.jpg

President Donald Trump late on Sunday night unleashed an angry all-caps tweet that falsely declared, “I WON THE ELECTION!”

Politico reporter Anna Palmer on Monday told CNN that the president is still in denial about having lost the election to President-elect Joe Biden and compared his actions to those of a toddler.

“The president seems to still be kind of holding a temper tantrum, frankly,” she said. “Last night at 11:55, he tweeted in all caps, “I WON THE ELECTION!” If that’s not what losing sounds like, I don’t know what it is.”

She then said even Republicans were getting fed up with the president’s antics.

“Every single other person, Republicans alike for the post part, are really shaking their heads at him,” she said. “To your point, this isn’t even just, ‘Oh, he’s having a temper tantrum, we’ll just let him do this for the next several days until the transfer of power happens.’ There’s real implications here when it comes to the U.S. security, when it comes to how foreign governments are looking at this, but also just even the transition of power and making sure that President-elect Joe Biden can get the preparation he needs.”

She added that, “right now, that’s not happening.”

Watch the video below.

Status
Not open for further replies.