Joe Biden defeats Trump to win US election

Lucas Buck

Expert Member
I'm not sure about this. Someone said they rescinded the certification. They know a recount won't overcome such a large margin, so they're just gonna play dirty
Tracy Wimmer, a spokeswoman for Secretary of State Jocelyn Benson, told the Free Press Wednesday she could not comment on an audit because a request for an audit is the subject of ongoing litigation surrounding the Nov. 3 election.

"There is no legal mechanism for them to rescind their vote," Wimmer said Thursday. "Their job is done and the next step in the process is for the Board of State Canvassers to meet and certify."link

TysonRoux

Honorary Master

Rudy Giuliani acts out scene from ‘My Cousin Vinny’ at press conference to claim Biden stole election​

Rudy Giuliani resorted to acting out a scene from the movie “My Cousin Vinny” on Thursday in an effort to convince reporters that President-elect Joe Biden had illegally won the election.

“Did you all watch ‘My Cousin Vinny?'” Giuliani asked a group of reporters in Washington, D.C. “You know, the movie? It’s one of my favorite law movies because he comes from Brooklyn. And the nice lady who said she saw [the crime] and then he says to her, ‘How many fingers do I got up?’ and she says, ‘Three.'”

“Well, she was too far away,” he continued, comparing the witness in the movie to Republican poll watchers. “These people were further away than ‘My Cousin Vinny’ was from the witness. They couldn’t see a thing.”

Watch the video clip below from Fox News and read some of the responses from Twitter.

TysonRoux

Honorary Master

'Orderly transfer': GOP senators inch toward acceptance of Trump defeat​

Trump is pursuing litigation and making evidence-free claims about fraud. President-elect Biden says the president's attempt to stonewall the transition is dangerous.

President Donald Trump's refusal to concede electoral defeat has Republican Senate allies slowly inching toward acceptance that Joe Biden will be the next president.

These lawmakers are vacillating between loyalty to a president with the power to turn GOP voters against them and their duty to protect guardrails of democracy that are facing a stress test in the middle of an economic and public health crisis.

“We’re going to have an orderly transfer from this administration to the next one,” Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., told reporters on Tuesday. “What we all say about it is, frankly, irrelevant.”

greg0205

Honorary Master

We cannot help people who refuse to help themselves. Trump is an extension of their id, their culture, their values, their greed. He is their defender and savior. He is their blunt instrument. He is their destructive drug of choice.
Don’t waste your time reaching out to Trump voters like I did. Instead, invest your time organizing your community, registering new voters and supporting candidates who reflect progressive values that uplift everyone, not just those who wear MAGA hats, in local and state elections. Work also to protect Americans against lies and conspiracy theories churned out by the right wing media and political ecosystem. One step would be to continue pressuring social media giants like Twitter and Facebook to deplatform hatemongers, such as Steve Bannon, and censor disinformation. It’s not enough, but it’s a start.
Or, you can just watch “The Queen’s Gambit” on Netflix while downing your favorite pint of ice cream and call it a day.

Just as in 2016, I don’t need Trump supporters to be humiliated to feel great again. I want them to have health insurance, decent paying jobs and security for their family. I do not want them to suffer, but I also refuse to spend any more time trying to understand and help the architects of my oppression.
I will move forward along with the majority who want progress, equality and justice for all Americans. If Trump supporters decide they want the same, they can always reach out to me. They know where to find me. Ahead of them.

greg0205

Honorary Master

Even without Trump’s prefab reality-TV persona or public profile, Cawthorn weathered allegations of overt racism and sexual predation seemingly without electoral damage, handily carrying the election. It was emblematic of a Republican Party whose base is engaged in total culture war, in which character accusations — particularly those related to racism and misogyny — roll off a slick front of perceived victimization. Enshrined, berobed Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh retains his victim status, despite the credibility of the allegations against him; President Trump himself is running down the clock of his presidency with a keening wail and a bellow for violence over election results. The well of white grievance seems boundlessly deep, a font to draw from for years to come.

This sense of victimhood emerges in just about every interview Cawthorn does. Asked to explain his Election Night tweet in a triumphal postelection interview on Monday, the congressman-elect cited his frustration with “cancel culture.” “There’s just been so much, you know, blatant lies about me, specifically when it comes to questions of Nazism and racism,” he said. In the very same interview, he revealed a desire for total Christian dominance over the United States and insisted that it was impossible for him to separate church and state when it came to his governance. He claimed to have read the Quran in order to be a more effective proselytizer to Muslims, and lamented the stubbornness of religious Jews against conversion to Christianity. “They can be very difficult,” he said.

Cawthorn’s ascension puts an end to the optimistic but fundamentally untrue notion that the GOP’s racism is a generational phenomenon, bound to die off as its elderly supporters do. He’s part of a new, radicalized, far-right youth movement whose views veer toward white nationalism. While the majority of young voters skew left, those who remain in the GOP are by default more Trumpian, helped along by a political coming-of-age in the era of MAGA’s crudity, violence, and overheated disputes on social media. A Democratic Party whose leadership is composed of complacent septuagenarians may be ill-equipped to deal with what is to come.

TysonRoux

Honorary Master

Mitt Romney says consequences of lame duck period are 'potentially more severe' than delayed transition​

Republican Sen. Mitt Romney is warning that the consequences of actions taken by President Donald Trump during the lame duck period of his term are "potentially more severe" than those caused by the delayed presidential transition.

"The consequences of what's happening during this lame duck period, I think, are potentially more severe than the consequences associated with a late transition process," Romney, who represents Utah, told CNN's David Axelrod on an episode of "The Axe Files" podcast released Thursday.

Romney cited the Trump administration's plan to remove more troops from the Middle East as one lame duck move that could cause more damage than Trump's refusal to formally begin the transition process, saying he's spoken with foreigners who are "alarmed" by Trump's plan and wonder if they can still "trust" America.

"We have some 40 coalition members that also have troops there. For us to pull our troops out obviously puts our remaining troops in some danger, as well as their troops. And they wonder, 'how do we deal in a coalition with the United States leading it if there is a decision taken on a precipitous basis with which we may or may not have been familiar that puts our troops in jeopardy?'" he said.

TysonRoux

Honorary Master

Trump ridiculed as a ‘loser’ for claiming he dropped his Michigan lawsuit because ‘we won!’​

President Donald Trump’s campaign announced Thursday morning that they’re withdrawing their Michigan lawsuit just as Republican legislative officials were heading to the White House for instructions on how to overthrow the election.

Trump proclaimed that they won, so there was no need for a lawsuit.

TysonRoux

Honorary Master
What, now even Tucker is going against the Orange Snollygoster.

Tucker Carlson Calls UFOs More Credible Than Trump’s Election Fraud Claims​

Fox News host Tucker Carlson – one of Donald Trump’s most reliable supporters on cable news – called out the president’s campaign lawyers for pushing baseless conspiracy theories about the election.

At one point during his program, Carlson even compared them to UFO sightings.

In particular, the Fox News host targeted Sidney Powell, one of Trump’s campaign lawyers who said on Thursday that millions of votes were flipped from the president to Joe Biden.

Orange Dotard and schyte dripping lawyer.jpg

TysonRoux

Honorary Master

Trump Tax Write-Offs Are Ensnared in 2 New York Fraud Investigations​

Inquiries into the president and his businesses, one criminal and one civil, are now looking at tax deductions taken on consulting fees. Some of the payments appear to have gone to Ivanka Trump.
  • Nov. 19, 2020Updated 10:41 p.m. ET

Two separate New York State fraud investigations into President Trump and his businesses, one criminal and one civil, have expanded to include tax write-offs on millions of dollars in consulting fees, some of which appear to have gone to Ivanka Trump, according to people with knowledge of the matter.

The inquiries — a criminal investigation by the Manhattan district attorney, Cyrus R. Vance Jr., and a civil one by the state attorney general, Letitia James — are being conducted independently. But both offices issued subpoenas to the Trump Organization in recent weeks for records related to the fees, the people said.

The subpoenas were the latest steps in the two investigations of the Trump Organization, and underscore the legal challenges awaiting the president when he leaves office in January. There is no indication that his daughter is a focus of either inquiry, which the Trump Organization has derided as politically motivated.

The development follows a recent New York Times examination of more than two decades of Mr. Trump’s tax records, which found that he had paid little or no federal income taxes in most years, largely because of his chronic business losses.

Among the revelations was that Mr. Trump reduced his taxable income by deducting about $26 million in fees to unidentified consultants as a business expense on numerous projects between 2010 and 2018.

Some of those fees appear to have been paid to Ms. Trump, The Times found. On a 2017 disclosure she filed when joining the White House as a presidential adviser, she reported receiving payments from a consulting company she co-owned, totaling $747,622, that exactly matched consulting fees claimed as tax deductions by the Trump Organization for hotel projects in Hawaii and Vancouver, British Columbia.