Joe Biden defeats Trump to win US election

Status
Not open for further replies.

Executive Member
Pressley's chief of staff said her office's panic buttons 'had been torn out' before Capitol riot

Rep. Ayanna Pressley’s (D-Mass.) chief of staff, Sarah Groh, said in a recent interview that panic buttons she had previously used in the congresswoman’s office had been taken out before the violent riot at the U.S. Capitol last week.

Groh said that she, Pressley and her husband, Conan Harris, had arrived at Capitol Hill early that day after the House sergeant-at-arms urged lawmakers to do so to avoid large crowds as hundreds of the president’s supporters had flocked to D.C. to oppose the November election results.

“I was deeply concerned. It felt like the heat was being turned up in terms of the rhetoric and Trump’s aims to incite violence,” she told the Globe.

It wasn’t long after, however, that a pro-Trump mob overtook the U.S. Capitol as Congress was gearing up to certify votes by the Electoral College that affirmed his defeat in the presidential race.

Around that time, Groh said, she discovered the office’s panic buttons had been removed while she and the other staffers were working to secure the office’s entrance using available furniture and water jugs.

“Every panic button in my office had been torn out — the whole unit,” Groh said, despite noting she had previously used the buttons in that same office. Groh said in the interview that she did not know why the buttons had been removed.

It should be an easy thing to find out who did this - they must have cameras everywhere

AlmightyBender

Executive Member
same outcome, not the same process i.e. you cannot claim there is no evidence of fraud when the evidence was not examined

especially in cases that get denied because the court ruled that it doesn't have the mandate to hear the case
By that logic you can't claim that there was evidence of fraud when the evidence was not examined....

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
By that logic you can't claim that there was evidence of fraud when the evidence was not examined....
more than happy with that, so you agree the election outcome is not proven to be reliable nor unreliable?

personally that's not a situation I'd be happy with inaugurating a new president with a **** tonne of allegations flying around, I'd want to examine first

Cray

Honorary Master
more than happy with that, so you agree the election outcome is not proven to be reliable nor unreliable?

personally that's not a situation I'd be happy with inaugurating a new president with a **** tonne of allegations flying around, I'd want to examine first
Personally, allegations should be measured on the reliability/credibility of the people making them, not simply whether there are a "**** tonne of them flying around".

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
Personally, allegations should be measured on the reliability/credibility of the people making them, not simply whether there are a "**** tonne of them flying around".
eye witness testimony of official election observers, plenty credible
video footage of irregularities, plenty credible
statistically improbable (to the point of being virtually impossible) spikes in counts, well mathematics is the ultimate in credible

there was no lack of credible allegations, just no appetite for examining them

Cray

Honorary Master
statistically improbable (to the point of being virtually impossible) spikes in counts, well mathematics is the ultimate in credible
Sure, statistics can never be manipulated to support one side of an argument... :rolleyes:

Or just no compelling evidence...

ForceFate

Honorary Master

The eyewitnesses were the most unreliable of the "evidence". Even the likes of Guiliani abandoned this angle at some point, testifying in court that they're "not alleging fraud...".

AlmightyBender

Executive Member

No I don't agree with that at all. Was simply pointing out the absurd logic of your argument. Oh well.

What happens if a lot of people start accusing Trump of being a lizard person... and they even sign affidavits to that effect. Hundreds of people sign and claim on social media that Trump is a Lizard Person. In that situation are you going to want to prevent Trump from being inaugurated from being president in 2016 based on accusations?

Hint: you are being lied to and you seem to want that.

AlmightyBender

Executive Member

Those people saying that are lying. Simple as that.

daelm

Expert Member
and you base your conclusion on what exactly

"The electoral process was fraudulent. <Insert evidence here>"

tough, because its either that or be exposed as a hypocrite

Oh noes!! "Exposure!" In a random forum in a post by someone called NarrowBand! That's my kryptonite! Aaaaarrrggghhhh! I can't feel my legs!

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
Oh noes!! "Exposure"! In a random forum in a post by someone called NarrowBand! That's my kryptonite! Aaaaarrrggghhhh! I can't feel my legs!
noone was talking to you fyi

you're also completely off the mark if you think I care whether someone else cares that they are exposed as a hypocrite

merely recording the fact

Status
Not open for further replies.