Joe Biden defeats Trump to win US election

Status
Not open for further replies.

lexity

Expert Member
And this, folks, is what happens when you allow a toddler to eat lead paint chips after you've dropped them on their head... often.

Jesus, lexity.

How is my disdain for Republicans inconsistent with a peaceful transition of power?

It's

What

Mature

Adults

Do.

Then, if you want to bring 1775 economics into a 2021 discussion, I'mma show you the exit and tell you don't let the door hit you where the good lord split you.

Also, amendments. Y'all want to show me the text in the original Constitution that would have required the 21st amendment (pro tip, you won't find it, 'cos the 21st repealed the 18th which was... Prohibition).

Where's due process in the original text? Where is equal protection? Where are civil rights? Why in god's name are folk talking about the 5th or the 25th? Isn't it in the original text?

The world evolves, and the constitution is a living document... Time you get busy with that yourself.

No idea why you're invoking '89, 'cos that was a revolution... No coup involved... And sit down for this one, pal...

Elections *aren't* coups.

Nothing about this one was suspicious unless you have Qanon brain worms.

PS. Your $2000 payment thing is libertarian garbage and deserves no response.

Hubris on stilts. You speak like you are totally on board with forced subsidies.

You still haven't answered that one... so, are you?

There is no such thing as 1775 economics. There is only economics, and fear-mongering that tells you its all too much for you to understand. Next you'll tell us nobody is benefiting from that ol' chestnut at everyone else's expense.

Amendments don't change the original reason for the American Revolution. That is to say, why the colonies seceded. Some were inline with the reasons for the secession, others were terrible. Even some provisions going back to the ratification were abysmal.

But please, talk to us about sovereign debt. Until then you are completely at the mercy of those who feel nothing about throwing money at a problem.

These people, who specialize in unaccountability, are the ones you choose to look up to? Wtf are you smoking, man? Nice to have someone else to run to for alleged justification for throwing Western civilization under the monetary obliteration bus, hey?

$7 Trillion ... have you completely lost your marbles?

Gnarls

Expert Member
That is you projecting old boy...

Trump is a serial liar, his credibility is rock bottom, especially since he claimed before the election that if he would contest the results as unfair if he lost. I never once said the due process of the courts should be damned, and perhaps if some of all those court cases actually went anywhere his claims might have been believable...

Dude, you said the veracity of an allegation is based on the credibility of the person as evidenced by the initial post I responded to.

There is the whole "you guys" thing again, I never said Kavanaugh was guilty, I did however think that the accusations should be investigated before his lifetime appointment was confirmed.

Even when the credibility of said Christine Blasey Ford was ripped to shreds which according to your previous statement means her allegation wasn't credible. There's that inconsistent logic again.

Cray

Honorary Master
Dude, you said the veracity of an allegation is based on the credibility of the person as evidenced by the initial post I responded to.
Even when the credibility of said Christine Blasey Ford was ripped to shreds which according to your previous statement means here allegation wasn't credible. There's that inconsistent logic again.
That is your opinion mate, rape accusations are very hard to prove especially after so much time has elapsed, just because there was not enough evidence to back up her claims doesn't mean she has no credibility.

https://www.latimes.com/science/sci...timony-credibility-memory-20180928-story.html

Must Reads: Here’s what experts who study sexual violence say about the credibility of Christine Blasey Ford’s testimony

Could she be lying about that night with Kavanaugh, quite possibly, could she be telling the truth, also possible? Just because Kavanaugh wasn't proven guilty doesn't mean she was lying,

But again, very off topic, you are welcome to pull me into the relevant thread to continue with this...

greg0205

Honorary Master
Hubris on stilts. You speak like you are totally on board with forced subsidies.

You still haven't answered that one... so, are you?

There is no such thing as 1775 economics. There is only economics, and fear-mongering that tells you its all too much for you to understand. Next you'll tell us nobody is benefiting from that ol' chestnut at everyone else's expense.

Amendments don't change the original reason for the American Revolution. That is to say, why the colonies seceded. Some were inline with the reasons for the secession, others were terrible. Even some provisions going back to the ratification were abysmal.

But please, talk to us about sovereign debt. Until then you are completely at the mercy of those who feel nothing about throwing money at a problem.

These people, who specialize in unaccountability, are the ones you choose to look up to? Wtf are you smoking, man? Nice to have someone else to run to for alleged justification for throwing Western civilization under the monetary obliteration bus, hey?

$7 Trillion ... have you completely lost your marbles?
I gave you all of this:

And this, folks, is what happens when you allow a toddler to eat lead paint chips after you've dropped them on their head... often.

Jesus, lexity.

How is my disdain for Republicans inconsistent with a peaceful transition of power?

It's

What

Mature

Adults

Do.

Then, if you want to bring 1775 economics into a 2021 discussion, I'mma show you the exit and tell you don't let the door hit you where the good lord split you.

Also, amendments. Y'all want to show me the text in the original Constitution that would have required the 21st amendment (pro tip, you won't find it, 'cos the 21st repealed the 18th which was... Prohibition).

Where's due process in the original text? Where is equal protection? Where are civil rights? Why in god's name are folk talking about the 5th or the 25th? Isn't it in the original text?

The world evolves, and the constitution is a living document... Time you get busy with that yourself.

No idea why you're invoking '89, 'cos that was a revolution... No coup involved... And sit down for this one, pal...

Elections *aren't* coups.

Nothing about this one was suspicious unless you have Qanon brain worms.

And the only itch you really want to scratch is:

Go figure.

lumeer

Expert Member
Regarding Trump not wanting to pay Giuluani, I wonder if it is that Trump really believed what Giuliani was selling him, namely that Giuliani would have the election results overturned, but that Trump now realises that he was duped, and has buyer's remorse?

cerebus

Honorary Master
Trump's latest video is quite presidential. It was probably prompted by the fact that his businesses are now suffering the consequences of his rhetoric.

4tsflx.jpg

daelm

Expert Member

Gnarls

Expert Member
That is your opinion mate, rape accusations are very hard to prove especially after so much time has elapsed, just because there was not enough evidence to back up her claims doesn't mean she has no credibility.

https://www.latimes.com/science/sci...timony-credibility-memory-20180928-story.html

Could she be lying about that night with Kavanaugh, quite possibly, could she be telling the truth, also possible? Just because Kavanaugh wasn't proven guilty doesn't mean she was lying,

But again, very off topic, you are welcome to pull me into the relevant thread to continue with this...

Just like it is your opinion that she was credible hence I believe that we should let the courts decide. You also seem to miss the part where NBFTW said that the supreme court did not hear the case because they didn't believe it was their position to do so. Very different to the case having no merit.

Nah, I'm happy to agree to disagree on this which is why my initial response was "#metoo says hi."

lumeer

Expert Member
I wonder who of Trump's people will attend Biden's inauguration. There was a story yesterday that Ivanka Trump may possibly attend.

Cray

Honorary Master
Does this make Twitter the mafia?
Interesting trivia, the word mafia is never mentioned in the Godfather due to threats made against the producers from real-life mobsters..

https://olivosantabarbara.com/2017/03/02/why-the-word-mafia-is-never-uttered-in-the-godfather/

The producer decided to contact Colombo directly “to settle the matter.” According to Tom Santopietro, author of “The Godfather Effect” (2012), the mob boss finally accepted that the film would be made…but under certain conditions. “Neither the word “Mafia” nor ‘Cosa Nostra” must appear in the screenplay.”

Cray

Honorary Master
Just like it is your opinion that she was credible hence I believe that we should let the courts decide. You also seem to miss the part where NBFTW said that the supreme court did not hear the case because they didn't believe it was their position to do so. Very different to the case having no merit.
So the obvious point is, why didn't they re-file the case with the appropriate court? Perhaps because it was more about the show of going to the supreme court than the merits of their case?

Gnarls

Expert Member
Status
Not open for further replies.