Jonty Rhodes on privilege: 'I literally was competing only with the white players'

RaptorSA

Expert Member
Must suck that your only achievement is being born white and that you have to climb on the success of others merely because you share a skin colour, I pity you.
pffft... when someone tries to wrangle a square NPC response into a round hole argument....
"Must suck that your only achievement obstruction is being born black and that you have to climb on the success of others arrow yourself in the knee merely because you share a skin colour, I pity you."

No need to pity me dude. I got a who-o-o-ole lot of white privilege, remember?
It's awesome, I wish you could try it on some time.

Last edited:

EADC

Executive Member
pffft... when someone tries to wrangle a square NPC response into a round hole argument....
Must suck that your only achievement obstruction is being born black and that you have to climb on the success of others arrow yourself in the knee merely because you share a skin colour, I pity you.

No need to pity me dude. I got a who-o-o-ole lot of white privilege, remember?
It's awesome, I wish you could try it on some time.
That's why I pity you, you could have used your advantages but you can only appropriate the success of others who share your skin colour.

Reactions: STS

RaptorSA

Expert Member
That's why I pity you, you could have used your advantages but you can only appropriate the success of others who share your skin colour.
Almost there...
That's why I pity you, you could have used your are using your -mediocre- advantages but you can only appropriate to share [the cumulative effect] of others who share your skin colour paradigm/culture/way-of-thinking/standards [each contributing in his own way to a collective narrative that's formed based on an implicitly shared idea or ideal of courtesy, common sense, social norms, standards and social intelligence so we can all be better than the sums of our parts].

You can drop the pity part, no really.
The only pity I feel is the isolation and depression that comes with knowledge on this subject.

/Derail
As for the OP...
F*cking pointless statement that can only be viewed as useful or successful in its ability to drum up yet another tiresome discussion on this subject. A discussion, which is I guess is needed, over and motherf**ing over again until reality sinks in.

Last edited:

Urist

Expert Member
Yeah Jonty.. you're just about everyone's hero, including mine.
As long as there are quotas... at least you were competing against the best whites... kids who thought they might have a future in this country.
Selection wasn't fair then and it isn't fair now.

Urist

Expert Member
Stop projecting the privilege you had in the past and expecting someone else to pay for it while you earn virtue points.
If you really think that you did not deserve to be a top cricketer because of apartheid... donate all the money you made from cricket to black schools
otherwise shut the fck up. Some white kid somewhere who played his heart out did not get picked for the team today for reasons of "equal outcome" because of your shitty mindset. And you deprived him of following in your footsteps.

Jabulani22

Expert Member
White priveledge , a made up term used by those who dont do for themselves.
The "priveledge" could have been any race or nation that decided to do the hard things which predominantly white people did , suffering constant conflict , plagues and failures yet the driving force behind most of the world being pulled out of the bronze age was these few nations .
Dwelling on these SJW terms will just further degrage other races and reinforce any feelings of inadequecy.

Unhappy438

Honorary Master
You don't fix the mistakes of the past by making the same mistakes in the present and future.

access

Executive Member
That's because what your average white person takes for granted others see as privilege.
hmm only white people are well off, okay then.

Must suck that your only achievement is being born white and that you have to climb on the success of others merely because you share a skin colour, I pity you.
no it doesnt suck, its planned like that. im greateful, its called working for future family/generations. im doing the same... :eek:

why dont other people create success to build on? hows that bee working for you? :ROFL: ya jelly bro!?

WaxLyrical

Honorary Master
Everyone seems to be jumping on the sjw inspired white privilege kak.

Jonty pants sales sliding I guess, need to rejuvenate.

Spizz

Goat Botherer
I love how he was competing “only” with the white players, like it made things any easier.

5 million white South Africans, 5 million Finns.

Did Mika Hakkinen rise to prominence and become a great driver because he “only” had to compete against 5 million countrymen? Not 10, 30 or 50 million?

5 million New Zealander’s.

Did Dan Carter become the best fly half in the world because he only had 5 million New Zealander’s to compete against to rise to prominence in the country?

Or how about 3 million Welsh?

Did Gareth Bale become the most expense footballer in the world and play for Real Madrid because he only had to compete against 3 million people in Wales?

Really, wtf is this South African thing about hitting on people’s achievements, being made to feel ashamed of them, and ultimately cheapening them because of their skin colour?

World class is world class. Don’t apologise for it Jonty.