Jonty Rhodes on privilege: 'I literally was competing only with the white players'

surface

Executive Member
so Jonty Rhodes wasn't so great after all. Do brothers have opinion about Alan Donald? Was he good or just as mediocre as JR? It will be nice to know before he says something.

access

Executive Member

Jabulani22

Expert Member

View attachment 771936
Pretty sure this comic doesnt take all factors into account , i think the concept of the comic is actually inspired by a head injury though.

WaxLyrical

Honorary Master
Yeah Jonty.. you're just about everyone's hero, including mine.
As long as there are quotas... at least you were competing against the best whites... kids who thought they might have a future in this country.
Selection wasn't fair then and it isn't fair now.
How was it not fair then?

Cricket, Rugby and Soccer selection in the 90's was based on merit and profited in all 3 disciplines.

Problem is when the quota concept overrides common sense. Kholisi is great captain and leader, Bavuma looks pretty flat.
It's just the way it is.

access

Executive Member
Nothing, you just have to understand it exists and that some of us are
obviously it exists, its why there is a word for it.

why try and vilify it at every turn?

every person who had someone trying to give them a better future than they had, is privileged. some more than others. other so much more that it lasts for decades or centuries.

Nick333

Honorary Master
At least you're acknowledging the pool of white privilege was real... That's progress!
Jussis OK, but what does it even mean? White people (being the minority in the world) exploited almost the entire world for 100s of years and it took a world war to **** it all up, whereas 40 million black people with a constitution, government, and entire legal system on their side couldn't even keep a country going off 3 million tax payers. What gives, bra? What does White privilege actually mean?

Urist

Expert Member
Why is it always rich white people acknowledging white priviledge?
It's like a virtue signal plus a signal of your success... frankly discusting.
"Oh look at how humble I am.... I'm not THAT good... I was born with it... it's only because i'm whi...
"I'm totally relateable"

Sollie

Executive Member
so Jonty Rhodes wasn't so great after all. Do brothers have opinion about Alan Donald? Was he good or just as mediocre as JR? It will be nice to know before he says something.
Not allowed to say... my allocated quota for white heroes are full. Also race baiting bs. If I transgress, the currently privileged will put the SAHRC on me, perhaps the minister of sports soon.

EADC

Executive Member
How was it not fair then?

Cricket, Rugby and Soccer selection in the 90's was based on merit and profited in all 3 disciplines.

Problem is when the quota concept overrides common sense. Kholisi is great captain and leader, Bavuma looks pretty flat.
It's just the way it is.
Kolisi*

Whright

"Oh look at how humble I am.... I'm not THAT good... I was born with it... it's only because i'm whi...
"I'm totally relateable"
Liberals

3WA

Executive Member
"I'm totally relateable"
Well, wealth does correlate with high IQ....

Nick333

Honorary Master
"I'm totally relateable"
**** knows. If your ancestors broke their backs for a couple of centuries in order to give you a better life and better opportunities apparently you did something wrong by being born.

Honestly, you should ask yourself what was so bad about a 35 year life expectancy and spending the better part of 35 years looking after your chiefs cattle that you want to complain now. You can have that at any time.