Just another Rager my endless Struggle!!! VUMATEL AND VOX

jackb

So after almost 2 years of struggling and walking door to door to 350+ houses to get interest sparked to get fiber in our Area it happened it finally happened the Grey boxes are on the wall and the deed is done... Well so I thought.

1st July 2020 - Oredered 10Mbs uncapped Vox on the Vumatel Portal
3rd August 2020 - Cancelled the 10Mbs order and Ordered the 1Gbs Line from Vox
7th August 2020 - No Followup from Vox or Vumatel So I call the Vox Support line they then note that the FICA documents is submitted but for some reason they cannot order the Fiber line installation from Vumatel
10 August 2020 - Call Vox again and Rant on their twitter and facebook Posts. I get contacted by Vox and was told its a premises creation problem on the vumatel Portal the address does not show.
10th August I try and order direct from Vumatel Shop and low and Behold number 2 and number 7 is the only properties that exist on their end None of the other residents in our road.
11th August 2020 - Followed up with Vox and Vumatel and the Vumatel backend devs are creatingt he Property - Good News Right? Wrong... I kept getting this response from Both Parties for the next few days
14 August 2020 - Get a call from a Kevin at VOX. He says he has now directly taken it upon himself to sort the Issue with Vumatel and Vumatel Agreed by 4pm on the 14th The premis will be there.
14 August 2020 5pm -NOTHING! I call this Kevin guy and he says that buym Monday it will be sorted and my fiber installed in the coming Week. Well lets see...

Surely adding a premis in a database is not that difficult if their devs has an issue I can definately put them in touch with some of the best in SA who wouldnt mind fixing their bad development with their portal.

For all the issues I have been through to get fiber installed in the area I thought it would really be a simple story to get fiber. its now been 12 Days since I ordered the fiber line I really want. and I have submitted my cancellation to the providers I am using now. On the 1st September I will have no internet... I really hope that Vumatel Sorts this issue out I have probly wasted well over R500 in airtime between Vox and Vumatel. Im really just fed up and thinking perhaps I should have done the interest towards openserve fiber instead for the area

Sopbeen

There is nothing wrong with the support that I have received from Vumatel when they were contacted by a competent ISP.

Vox is wholly incapable of delivering anything remotely resembling service. Even if they magically do end up coming to install your line - If you ever have problems again you will experience the same frustrations.

Step 1 - Contact a proper ISP
Step 2 - Enjoy your internet

Kosmik

Honorary Master
There is nothing wrong with the support that I have received from Vumatel when they were contacted by a competent ISP.

Vox is wholly incapable of delivering anything remotely resembling service. Even if they magically do end up coming to install your line - If you ever have problems again you will experience the same frustrations.

Step 1 - Contact a proper ISP
Step 2 - Enjoy your internet
I had the opposite experiance to be honest, issues with the vumatel install and vix ensured was sorted. Lots of subcontractors in vuma though which was my issue.

Sopbeen

I had the opposite experiance to be honest, issues with the vumatel install and vix ensured was sorted. Lots of subcontractors in vuma though which was my issue.
Here is the simple truth. You ask for and pay for a service. They need to deliver it. If it doesn't happen when they promised it - that is by definition kak service.

jackb

Well i have been asking for service for 2 weeks now and frankly I am actually gatvol of it. If a company cannot respect me as a client and deliver a service why should i go with them. I understand VOX saying its not their Issue and that the system belongs to Vumatel but when Vumatel Tells me that only the "service delivery manager" from @Vox or the Chosen ISP can raise a ticket for the correction of it it does Piss me off. So now i have been running around for fokhol and wasting airtime and my time. Somewhere between Vox and Vumatel the need sit down shake each others hands agree to sort this issue

See attached Image Only 3 house numbers in our road pops up. 2, 7 and number 35

Also note that number 35 is not a real house it does not exist in our road. number 7 and number 2 in our road whatsapp group said they are actually connected and working!!!! but the rest of us cannot even be connected!

jackb

So as an update. I got fed up again both Vumatel and Vox Calls me and shoves the blame to eath other. So then I dug deep and managed to find the email address of Both CEO's and re outlined my story above to them and my frustration and asked them to get together and fix this. Within 10 minutes I get a call from Vox's EXCO and an email from Vumatel's exco stating that they will be heading this from here on out and that every manager will be working on this to fix from projects to new developments the works. and about 30 minutes the Vox guy I was talking to on the previous occasions says he received an email from one of the Exco and All the big managers are CC'd and the problem is now being tackled by them all and he knows that they expect answers within 24hrs. So here we go tomorrow I will be emailing their Exco's again and I expect an answer. Im so Fed up with this. Lets see who fixes it first

jackb

Problem is I cannot get the line installed because the order is placed with them and I have to wait, however my current internet will go off end of this month. because I thought they would have sorted me out but now I am stuck in a situation I wish nobody goes through. We resell internet for both Companies we make decisions on who to use and if this is the case I cannot honestly recommend either

VettieOriginal

Cancel the order with them and use a different ISP? Use Cool Ideas/ Afrihost and they have REPS on here

jackb

So the issue is Vumatel Side. I managed to get my paws on the email address for Vumatels CEO and VOXs CEO.

I got called from Voxs EXCO and Vumatel CEO emailed me back they have prioritized this and will get this crap sorted. Unfortunately Cancellation at this point wont fix the issue

VettieOriginal

So the issue is Vumatel Side. I managed to get my paws on the email address for Vumatels CEO and VOXs CEO.

I got called from Voxs EXCO and Vumatel CEO emailed me back they have prioritized this and will get this crap sorted. Unfortunately Cancellation at this point wont fix the issue
I year you but why do one always have to put on the "Can i see your manager" hat to get stuff done.

Hope they can sort you out ASAP but the ISP should put pressure on the FNO to get done ASAP not pick up the issue over a month after the product has been ordered

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
If a premises does not exist on the Vumatel system then unfortunately the ISP still needs to follow the process of getting the premises created and that takes time. It takes time because the process is not a click and add and then the premises is created. It needs to be approved first by Planning then Dev at Vumatel can create the premises. There is quite a bit of premises that needs to be created and when you add all the ISPs together the list is massive.

AntiThesis

Executive Member
Did you get any joy from this? I'm in a similar situation except throw SADV into the mix who has now been bought out by Vumatel and apparently can't be contacted in any way. So I've got Vox who say they've escalated with Vumatel, Vumatel who tell me to talk to my ISP and SADV who don't exist anymore

jackb

Actually Yes I eventually did I got the CEO of both Vumatel and Vox's email address and sent them both a very nice email saying between the 2 of them there is a mess up that needs fixing about a week ago I had 9 vans infront of my house. 3 from Vumatel, 3 from Nano Fiber and 3 from Vox. by the end of the day my lines were up and running 100%

Sopbeen

Actually Yes I eventually did I got the CEO of both Vumatel and Vox's email address and sent them both a very nice email saying between the 2 of them there is a mess up that needs fixing about a week ago I had 9 vans infront of my house. 3 from Vumatel, 3 from Nano Fiber and 3 from Vox. by the end of the day my lines were up and running 100%
Good to know that you only had to get the CEO's of 2 companies involved to get a simple problem sorted. :thumbsup:

AntiThesis

Executive Member
Aaaaand my line has been in since the 9th September and still isn't active. Good lord these guys. Vumatel have been out twice to check the line say it's Vox. Vox insists it's Vumatel's fault and are sending a tech and a manager on Monday.

I may murder someone.

B-1

Expert Member
I work in the tech industry and its crazy how people just dump the problem on another partner and claim its not their fault. I often face the same issue where we have to expend a lot of effort to prove a fault on the other parties system before they can even be bothered to look at it. In a partnership both parties should assign a resources to work together until the issue is resolved. As a customer in SA I often see the effect of this "not my problem" attitude.