• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Samsung Pay Giveaway - Win a Samsung Connect & Control Speaker and other prizes. Enter Here.
  • Audi e-tron Giveaway - Win prizes worth R3,000 Enter Here.

Just bought a TP-LINK Archer T4UH to partner my Telkom Router on PC

JiminSA

I was given a Telkom Router - a Huawei-B326-46EB. So I reset to factory settings and am attempting to connect to it via my TP-LINK software.
I am using the WIFI KEY specified on the label at the base of the router - to no avail:mad: It says incorrect!
Can anyone offer some advice?

marioat1

I was given a Telkom Router - a Huawei-B326-46EB. So I reset to factory settings and am attempting to connect to it via my TP-LINK software.
I am using the WIFI KEY specified on the label at the base of the router - to no avail:mad: It says incorrect!
Can anyone offer some advice?
Initial setup with cable is best way imo

Apogee

Why are you using TP-Link's software to connect instead of Windows' own? That was only necessary on very old versions of Windows 7 that did not have built-in Wi-Fi configuration.

I remember having that same exact issue with a few Wi-Fi adapters at the time.

I have been using that same adapter for >2 Years, and, and it works just fine under Windows 10, without installing the TP-Link software.

If I remember correctly, I had to download the latest driver for it initially to get it working in Windows 10, because the software that came with it, did not have the correct 64-bit driver.

I have the V1.

https://www.tp-link.com/us/download/Archer-T4UH_V1.html

Last edited:

JiminSA

[MENTION=420365]Apogee[/MENTION], I also thank you for your input.
My problem is not with the software, but with the default WiFi code (as should have come into action when I reset factory settings).

Apogee

[MENTION=420365]Apogee[/MENTION], I also thank you for your input.
My problem is not with the software, but with the default WiFi code (as should have come into action when I reset factory settings).
That is exactly what I was referring to as a possible cause to your problem.

If you reset the router and then use the TP-Link software to try and connect to it, it will sometimes refuse to do so, even though you have entered the password correctly.

If you connect with Windows' own WLAN AutoConfig service, it should establish the link.

Update:

Just try this as well:

I just remembered running into a similar issue recently.

If I remember correctly Telkom have installed their own firmware on the router, which means some of the options differ from what Huawei set it to.

If you then reset the router, it defaults to the Wi-Fi key as specified in the Telkom firmware, which differs from the Huawei key labeled on the bottom.

See if you can log into the router via Ethernet. You can then look for the Wi-Fi settings, which will also indicate what the Wi-Fi key is.

Last edited:

JiminSA

I have now been made aware that the 10Gig Wifi Data offered in the HomeCloud Bundle is an eyeblind ... it's only usable on a portable device in a Telkom Hotspot area! So this thread is null and void!

marioat1

I have now been made aware that the 10Gig Wifi Data offered in the HomeCloud Bundle is an eyeblind ... it's only usable on a portable device in a Telkom Hotspot area! So this thread is null and void!
How does that even correlate with your original request

Last edited: