JUST IN | Arthur Fraser admits board did not approve medical parole for Zuma

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
AfriForum made these requests on the 7th,

but they only posted two pages of it on social media, so other than quoting sections of the law and making interpretations thereof, it doesn't show what is being requested, but Roets has elaborated,

their request was to met by the 10th, so they will be heading to the High Court.

Just show that Fraser wasn't willing to furnish them with his reasons, which is supposedly available on anyone's request. Really, not only is Fraser making his decision look fishy, but now it smells off.

If this is the case with AfriForum, I don't see Fraser furnish the Helen Suzman Foundation tomorrow, however the HSF also placed this request on Lamola, so tomorrow will be truly telling.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
He still condoned Zuma by not speaking out. You seem to have plenty excuses for despicable actions.
You should thank me for this instead of reverting to your usual bitter self. All I did was correct you and give you facts. He's not an MP. He's a member of the exec. Now, go sulk in the corner

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
You should thank me for this instead of reverting to your usual bitter self. All I did was correct you and give you facts. He's not an MP. He's a member of the exec. Now, go sulk in the corner

He still condoned Zuma's looting. And now let Zuma out on medical parole without following procedure. Why are you defending the illegal actions of the ANC? Are you a paid ANC shill? You always seem to come up for the ANC against me but nobody else? Why?

ForceFate

Honorary Master
He still condoned Zuma's looting. And now let Zuma out on medical parole without following procedure. Why are you defending the illegal actions of the ANC? Are you a paid ANC shill? You always seem to come up for the ANC against me but nobody else? Why?
Yes, he allowed it. Where did I say he didn't? You're such a liar and people allow you to get away with it. Whatever tactic you use to obfuscate won't work here.

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
Yes, he allowed it. Where did I say he didn't? You're such a liar and people allow you to get away with it. Whatever tactic you use to obfuscate won't work here.

You used the opportunity to make the thread about me and obfuscate Cyrils acts. Common tactic on MyBB with the MyCadre bunch.

TelkomUseless

Honorary Master
More opinions,

It is good to see how many diverse and sober thought processed opinion pieces there are on this situation. The media, generally, is also not having it, and this is telling given our political sphere and the upcoming elections.
It would be hillarious if this move damage them more.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
I am still puzzled by this news,

he has already been ordered to imprisonment. This is really odd, I am either missing something or someone is making Zuma's matter more obscure.

R13...

Honorary Master
I am still puzzled by this news,

he has already been ordered to imprisonment. This is really odd, I am either missing something or someone is making Zuma's matter more obscure.
Could just be Zuma's remaining zuptoids still embedded at various institutions playing interference to confuse things further.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Lamola and or Fraser has less than 4 hours to respond to the Helen Suzman Foundation. This is a legal process, so in the case Lamola or Fraser don't adhere to it, I hope that the HSF will pursue the matter in court, otherwise it is all bark and no bite.

Odd how Fraser's 'procedural' decision is available, but neither available. These people are essentially mocking the law in public display.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
Lamola and or Fraser has less than 4 hours to respond to the Helen Suzman Foundation. This is a legal process, so in the case Lamola or Fraser don't adhere to it, I hope that the HSF will pursue the matter in court, otherwise it is all bark and no bite.

Odd how Fraser's 'procedural' decision is available, but neither available. These people are essentially mocking the law in public display.

HSF will follow through, they've always done so from my memory.

Itsa Trap

Expert Member
I'm sssoooo Surprised.
Yeah, I mean I've booked a ticket into orbit, to wait the next 100 years for either FTL or anti-ageing treatments to be developed so that I can either take the Enterprise or a slower "generational" ship to the ****ing edge of the our galaxy, where I am sure I will find my complete surprise, waiting for me on binary sunswept beaches.

Edit: and I will still not be far enough away from this shitshow.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
I have never quite understood why opinion pieces or otherwise column pieces are being pay gated, but when I come across pieces like this,

Dear Mr President: A case for granting Zuma a presidential pardon​

I am glad that I required admission to read, otherwise I might have taken the whole day to ponder my own existence. There is no case to grant Zuma with a presidential pardon, he is an idol.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Nothing in the news, and nothing reported by the Helen Suzman Foundation. I guess the deadline was missed, again. I can only allude to that Fraser’s reasons was neither legal nor procedural. The only reason not to provide that what was requested is to hide or delay the truth. At this point, I am sure that the ‘reasons’ are still being a work in progress. Something is being planned to make Zuma's release 'credible'. I will hate to be right about some Parole Review Board materialising with the required approval.

Sad, sad, sad... I hope the world is watching, but it isn't worth the popcorn. It is a disgrace.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
As a reminder,

“I then rescinded those delegations, because the original delegation sits with me … and I took the decision to place him on medical parole, and I have given a host of reasons. The reasons are available, it’s in documentation, and it will be presented to whoever needs to see that. I am sure Parliament will be asking.”

I can now remark, and since I have reread the above since reviewing the Correctional Services Act, the original delegation does not sit with the commissioner. The Parole Board's decision is Final, the decision can only be reconsidered by the Parole Review Board on the commissioner's instruction.

At least we now know that the reasons aren't available to be presented to whoever, access has been denied to two private institutions.

Just wait until the 'reasons' are also argued to be Zuma's inherent dignity. Then we have crossed the line into pure idiocracy. Fraser's decision, or rather actions, is very much a matter which is in the public interest.

Anyway, more should be made known in the news soon.