• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Big Two-Day Giveaway - Win an Amazon Kindle, a Mystery Gadget and Branded Gear. Enter Here.
  • Test your broadband speed and win prizes worth R5,000. Enter here.

JUST IN: Ramaphosa to unveil economic stimulus package on Friday

f2wohf

Honorary Master
That's very good, seems like the 50Bn won't be more spending:

Ramaphosa is asked where the money for the reprioritisation will be coming form. He says Finance Minister Nhlanhla Nene will answer the question.

Nene talks of "trade-offs" and under-performing programmes, but says the announcements will be officially made in his mini budget, which he will present to Parliament on October 24.

That's very good, seems like the 50Bn won't be more spending:

Ramaphosa is asked where the money for the reprioritisation will be coming form. He says Finance Minister Nhlanhla Nene will answer the question.

Nene talks of "trade-offs" and under-performing programmes, but says the announcements will be officially made in his mini budget, which he will present to Parliament on October 24.
The can has been kicked down the road for a month.

Seriously

Honorary Master
2 are relatives, 2 ex colleagues, etc. I don't have Chinese relatives yet.
So ...two... hmmm. At least that is a "few" and the two probably runs a family business. Eish. Can never trust the fluent words of posters on a forum, just like lawyers.

f2wohf

Honorary Master
So ...two... hmmm. At least that is a "few" and the two probably runs a family business. Eish. Can never trust the fluent words of posters on a forum, just like lawyers.
Where is lawyer even coming from here?

I wasn’t involved at all in that discussion...

Seriously

Honorary Master
Where is lawyer even coming from here?

I wasn’t involved at all in that discussion...
Dont feel guilty. I was talking about the trust issue. At least I was impressed with ForceFate.'s honesty. He could have clained more..

Makes no difference to the OP. I do not trust the Chinese and hope Cyril thinks the same.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Dont feel guilty. I was talking about the trust issue. At least I was impressed with ForceFate.'s honesty. He could have clained more..

Makes no difference to the OP. I do not trust the Chinese and hope Cyril thinks the same.
Cyril has 300bn reasons to close his eyes to his mistrust of the chinese if it exists.

TelkomUseless

Executive Member
Good too:

Ramaphosa says the government has begun a process of reviewing electricity, ports and rail tariff prices. The aim, he says, is to reduce the cost of doing business and make industry more competitive.
Holy moly... they actually reversing some tarrifs to make us competitive ? I want to see it first...

ForceFate

Honorary Master
So ...two... hmmm. At least that is a "few" and the two probably runs a family business. Eish. Can never trust the fluent words of lawyers.
I said I know a few. A little more than the four I listed above actually. I listed the 4 as I know with absolute certainty that their businesses are registered. Equally, I know a number whose businesses aren't registered but these are tiny businesses compared to the 4 I listed.

Oh, forgot to mention none were inherited. All built from ground.

Seriously

Honorary Master
......... an apparent move to curb China’s influence in the Pacific........
......... China has been showering billions of dollars in infrastructure loans to tiny island nations across the Pacific Ocean. The region is considered strategically important as a maritime gateway to Asia.
Eish. How are these islands going to pay?

Chinese have obvious working world domination plans. Taking over all strategic sea routes. Sure South Africa with it's mineral riches and Cape sea route feature in their plans somehow.

ForceFate

Honorary Master

Chinese have obvious working world domination plans. Taking over all strategic sea routes. Sure South Africa with it's mineral riches and Cape sea route feature in their plans somehow.
How is China going to control the Cape route?

f2wohf

Honorary Master

Like every large economic power in the world, yes...

It’s only natural.

Seriously

Honorary Master
Good too:

Ramaphosa says the government has begun a process of reviewing electricity, ports and rail tariff prices. The aim, he says, is to reduce the cost of doing business and make industry more competitive.
That would be great. Lets wait and see.
Now what about the petrol price?