Just letting y'all know. CellC cant support anymore people.

macboer

Their network is totally overloaded!

Have had disconnection problems since the start of the year. A CellC technician came to my place to test speeds and whatnot, and he said there's nothing they can do to better my experience.

So, DO NOT BUY CellC Dongle.

I am 400m from on of the towers. My dongle does not switch between towers, thus this is not the problem.

I am basically located in a PRIME SPOT to get THE BEST connection possible.

Have been very happy with CellC since the start of the year, but the disconnections have declined rapidly in the last 2 months. At this stage I'm getting disconnected almost every 15min.

I don't know if any of the other service providers are better, but all I know is that, this is not a good experience.

macboer

You mean your tower is overloaded?
Ok yeah, but I sure other towers will soon be overloaded too.

Don't know the technical terms. All I know is I would think THRICE before going with CellC.

iblade

I am thinking overreaction as well. I am happily running Cell C all over without any kind of problems (Prepaid) as opposed to my MTN contract data which is damn pathetic in most areas.

ghoti

Karmic Sangoma
CellC working fine where I am. Sounds like your tower is overloaded or boned.

macboer

Okay, Maybe overreacting a little, but why 'o why did they tell me they can't do anything about it ATM?

Just a thought.

(Glad to hear you guys are still A-okay.)

Jola

Honorary Master
My Cell C is still fine !

Vodacom is really good where I live, but I can't afford it.

MTN does not work at all.

ginggs

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Super Moderator
Okay, Maybe overreacting a little, but why 'o why did they tell me they can't do anything about it ATM?
Could be many reasons, for example: Telkom delaying installing new backhaul links or Cell-C need a new site in the area but are being blocked by residents.

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
HI macboer

As sneeky asked where are you located.
I have PM you, want to see what info i can get about towers in that area.

Regards
~AM~

Bismuth

Expert Member
Ok, I have had a Cell C USB Dongle for over a year now, and had virtually no connection issues, nothing really that can't be accounted for due to the vagaries of wireless connectivity.

Had VC before, without any issues either. Never tried MTN.

B

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
I've got 400mb left on my CellC 2gb sim. Decided to pop it in my modem and use up the data tonight. I can't even get over 1kb/s download speed. All websites are loading slow. Can't even get onto facebook or mybroadband without refreshing several times. I can only post this message from my cellphone (virgin mobile) I use 8ta 99% of the month. Has CellC really become this bad? I'm in Cape Town, Woodstock.

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
I've got 400mb left on my CellC 2gb sim. Decided to pop it in my modem and use up the data tonight. I can't even get over 1kb/s download speed. All websites are loading slow. Can't even get onto facebook or mybroadband without refreshing several times. I can only post this message from my cellphone (virgin mobile) I use 8ta 99% of the month. Has CellC really become this bad? I'm in Cape Town, Woodstock.
Good Day SaiyanZ

I have PM you.
Lets see what issue could be, there are a lot of people with good speeds.
Might been issue on tower that services you.
once got info can get feedback.
Will assist you as best possible.

Regards
~AM~

macboer

HI macboer

As sneeky asked where are you located.
I have PM you, want to see what info i can get about towers in that area.

Regards
~AM~
WTF dude, I'm still waiting on your PM?

ridiculous.

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
WTF dude, I'm still waiting on your PM?

ridiculous.
HI macboer

Sorry about that. i came about your TT logged for you a while ago so got all your info.
Just resubmitted it, and waiting on feedback.

EDIT:***Got feedback, tried to call went to voice, please can you PM me when available to call.

Regards
~AM~

Last edited: