Kapersky Anti Virus - Any Good?

iluvmac

Hi

Has someone purchased Kapersky from Incredible lately?
More importantly would you suggest I buy it?
Is it any good?
I saw that you can use it for 3 machines and it's fairly cheap.

Thank you in advance:D

D

Ecco

Executive Member
Quite a few threads on this.
Everybody has different opinions, but i see that kaspersky is viewed quite favourably. Do a search for antivirus.

Is incredible still running their special on this product? Any idea how much its going for?

Conradl

Expert Member
Very good product. If you want an all-in-one solution that is easy to manage, update and configure; while remaining light on resources and unobtrusive to the user - then Kaspersky is a good buy. If I were to buy an AV product I would go for Kaspersky.... (I use the free AVAst)

SirFooK'nG

Executive Member
I'm sure Zone Alarm uses the kaspersky engine, so I will have to say yes.. its probably better that Norton, AVG and the likes....

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
Very nice product! One of the better AV packages. Rated up there with NOD32. Reasonably priced too.

cerebus

Honorary Master
Please if you get Kaspersky install it before you install the OS. I have found that it chokes my PC down whenever I try to put it on. I've had to uninstall it so many times now because it slows things up. It's a good program and newer versions may not have this problem but just be warned.

Nerfherder

Honorary Master
What is the price at IC ?

Cerbus... If I understand you correctly I think the problem is with you.

cerebus

Honorary Master
LOLOL sorry not before the OS, I mean do a clean OS, then install Kaspersky, then whatever other programs you have. I'm just gonna go over here and clean the egg on my face heh.

Bizkit87

Executive Member
LOLOL sorry not before the OS, I mean do a clean OS, then install Kaspersky, then whatever other programs you have. I'm just gonna go over here and clean the egg on my face heh.

haha :D

i think you single-handedly managed to confuse everyone!

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
Cerebus, has it done this to you on more than one system? Cos I have installed it on about 8 computers in the last six months and none of them had a problem.

Tun@

Expert Member
If it were me i'd trial Kaspersky then trial Eset
2 year ago when my Kaspersky was due for renewal i tried out Esets smart security and ended up keeping it.
Back then it just seemed like Esets product was causing less lag.
Esets firewall on default can be pain tho,seems to improve once its on "Interactive Mode" tho.

Conradl

Expert Member
Cerebus, has it done this to you on more than one system? Cos I have installed it on about 8 computers in the last six months and none of them had a problem.

Was thinking the same thing; installed it on 100+ PCs and no problems yet....

Sackboy

Executive Member
I have had good results with Kaspersky.

I noticed Incredibles have it in a big and a small box (DVD case). For some reason the prices are different. Anyone know the diffs??

PeterCH

Honorary Master
I ran Kaspersky in 2007. I had to uninstall Comodo and Spybot to install the darn thing, it wouldn't let me install with these on. This year's version also corrupts MS Office 2007.

I'm with BitDefender for AV, Comodo for Firewall, FireFox for Browser and Spybot to cover some holes. My ISP scans my email with AVG so I have double protection for incoming email too.

Comodo is the best firewall and HIPS solution around while BD has all the top ratings from AV Cert and VB100. Kaspersky does have a nice FREE recovery disk on their site, I've used this to clean a relative's PC lately. The BD live CD wouldn't boot but Kaspersky did. BD also offers a free Live/Recovery CD for download.

Last edited: